Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Empyreal Mist

A hazy, soft, veiled scent: mist floating through twilit skies, curling gently towards the heavens.

At first I do get a scent that does remind me of mist, but this scent goes downhill fast. It turns massively chemical and gross - I think it smells like hairspray, and the boy thinks it smells like bug spray. I've tried to wash it off several times, but it still lingers. On me, this is absolutely terrible with nothing redeeming. :P

At first this is very green and a little bit citrus tart. It is light and soft and wet and a little bit fruity. It is crispy at first then it goes soft. I will most likely buy this.

ETA: The roommate boy smelled it and said it smelled old lady. Then I informed him that it was in fact a very good one and smelled kind of fruity and that he should re-evaluate. He then said, "yeah ok. It was just stronger than the other one (kumiho). It's actually ok.

Edited by brownbear

In the vial: White wine, white flowers, soap, aquatic sweet sparkle.

On my skin: same as above but softer, kind of makes my nose itch.

Dry: All the notes are really not for me. But I still admire this scent for its purity and paleness. An unobnoxious floral.

All-around lovely. I have a hard time pin-pointing what this smells like, which is to be expected when we don't get any hints from the description. It doesn't change much from initial application to drydown.

Very light, refreshing, and springy - like a cool, clear brook, or a dew-covered blossom. To me it smells like some other perfume/smell from my past, like a fresher version of the first perfume oil I ever owned. (Terra Nova - not sure what scent) It's really lovely, and I'd be pleased to smell this on someone else; alas, it doesn't strike a chord with me personally, so I think I can safely swap it without weeping.

Bottle: very soft, pale green-yellow floral. gentle.

Wet: exceptionally pale..non-corpreal, mist-like. yes.

Dry: this is so delicate, so wispy and pretty...like looking at the world through freshly washed lace curtains.

Later: there is such a softness here without being powdery...I'm having a hard time describing this..it's not what I would describe as 'young' or 'youthful', per se, but it's innocent and transluscent.

Empyreal Mist is very soft and light like a soft breathe or whisper of a scented Spring breeze. I used to pick Baby's Breathe in the summer's with my mom. There would be huge field's of it and we would go cut mounds of it to decorate the house. That is what Empyreal Mist smells like to me-very innocent, light, soft with a touch of dry grassy fields. :P

Beautiful, breezy floral! It’s very classic and perfumey but I love it. Very light and girlie. It’s clean like a lot of other reviewers have mentioned. Not long after, I get the fresh, lemony scent that others have mentioned.

A bright, slightly watery floral with a perfumey twang. Every time I review a floral scent I say the same thing: I'm not a floral person. Most florals don't work on me. I like this one, though. It's bright enough and unusual enough that it doesn't smell like your run-of-the-mill floral. There's nothing heady about this, and it doesn't seem like I stuck my nose in a flower when I sniff it. It just smells cheerful, clean, and pretty.

Also I would recommend wearing more oil than usual for this one to really enjoy it. When I don't have on enough oil it gets pretty wispy. Giving my wrists several swipes each with the imp wand does the trick.

Empyreal Mist is also one of my favorite oils. It smells like rain and white flowers, but it's not sickeningly sweet. It's just green and fresh, and it reminds me of springtime.

Fresh, green and slightly fruity, a light floral. I'm personally not that fond of this. It's not bad, but it's a bit too light for my taste.

I don't get individual notes; this smells like fresh green things, partly floral and partly herbal. It's really lovely, very clean-smelling, and I don't mean it smells of clean linen.

The only problem for me is that it smells a lot like a fresher (greener, more lemony) version of Shattered, which is a little bit sweet and powdery. When I have used both imps more I'll pick a favourite or find more differences, but so far they're like twin sisters.

Empyreal Mist has a really nice, light smell. I love it, although it does disappear very quickly. The scent really does conjure up a misty morning. And it got discontinued the day after my imp shipped! I may have ordered a 5 ml if it was still available, but Neo-Tokyo and Dorian were my absolute must-haves from that first lab order and this ethereal scent doesn't last long enough on me to warrant an eBay purchase. I'll keep my imp and wear it when I need to be more ethereal and misty. :P

My BPAL adopted mummy :D *waves to metaldog32* encouraged me to post reviews so here I am!

It's a pretty layman type review by anyone's standard so please bear with me :P

Imp: I liked it.. it smelled slightly floral and not too sweet.

Wet on skin: I was shocked.. It smelled like this awful fruity shampoo you can get at supermarkets that I really dislike.. It pretty much smelled exactly like it! This lasted about 1/2 an hour

and then...

Dry down(?): It turned powdery vanilla/florally on me. Not sure where the vanilla came from but definitely some sort of powdery flower.

It didn't last beyond 2 hours and I put heaps on!

Conclusion: I might keep it and give it one more go in the summer (it's winter here in NZ)

Yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay I did it! :D

This is different from the usual type of scent I like, but it works on me. And it's discontinued? What a shame.

This definitely has tea, either green or white, but not overly bitter, with something crisp, and sweet and breezy. I detect something like Asian pear in it, and bamboo.

A scent for carefree spring days. Lovely.

I was lucky to get a frimp of this with a lab order just before it was discontinued. It's lovely--I can definitely see why it was disconned along with Neo Tokyo, because there's an airy note in common. Empyreal Mist is green and light and very pretty.

Caveat: This has always been one of those scents I've been thinking about trying.

In the imp: Fresh, floral, green vibe

On Skin: Fruity light floral

On Drydown: This is like having a cloud wrapped around my wrist. A rather fruity smelling one.

Verdict: Fresh, light, slightly fruity and with a whiff of clean, this does give the impression of mists and clouds and other sky-ward things. I think it would make a great introduction to a light scent to a BPAL newbie. Very pretty.

This came to me by way of the lovely filigree_shadow. I was excited to try it, being so recently discontinued.....

The general vibe of the scent was somewhat similar to the new Blue Moon, to me. Slightly soapy floral, with kind of a blue, crystalline wetness about it. Like Miseraya, I was reminded of Dirty.....there is some note far in the background here, some floral, that reminds me of Dirty. Above average throw and wear length.....this has impressive staying power, unlike the new Blue Moon. I'm glad I got to try this, but I'm not sure I would wear it with any regularity. I'm starting to get an idea of scents that are going to smell soapy to me, so this was useful in that regard.

acquired through an eBay lot and now...oh man, I'm regretting it...

In the vial - Light and kind of tangy in a maybe-not-so-good way.

Wet - Nice and light - very soft and clean.

Dry - Oh, totally loving this - a beautiful, light, kind of airy scent.

Later - Holding out reasonably well - DAMN! Why did this have to be a discontinued scent? *sigh* I guess I'll just have to start scouring for bottles....

FINALLY got my paws on an imp of this scent.

I was really looking forward to this one.

Alas, it was not what I was hoping for.

I get a really strong citrusy sort of green tea scent from it, both in the imp and on me.

It's very nice, but just not what I was hoping for.

Empyreal Mist-

In Bottle: Very "green," clean-smelling.

Wet: A tiny bit overpowering on the clean, detergent smell.

Dry: Fades quickly! I can't smell a thing ten minutes later.

Overall: Fast fader.

I just picked up four imps of this stuff on eBay, and I am SO glad. However, one out of the four vials is my favorite. I'm assuming it's the oldest because the label looks worn and it smells slightly different. I think it's had the most time to age and evolve. :P But they're all awesome and definitely the same oil.

My first thoughts on the aged one: happy honey tea! I love tea, so this made me sigh happily. :D Seriously, it's delicious and warm and airy. There's also something sweet and vaguely fruity to it, but not in the way that makes me think of fresh fruit...more like a breezy day down the road from an orchard. I also get a nice whiff of something kind of herbal, almost a little spicy at times (if I have my nose right up to it). It ends up really clean and soft and comforting. Gosh, do I ever love this stuff. :D

In the bottle: Soapy-clean, lightly sweet white-green.

Wet: More floral, still quite green and soapy. But it's a much more bearable soapy scent than usual - not powdery at all. I'm thinking maybe orange blossom? The sweetness could be linden. White or green tea wouldn't surprise me either. If there's citrus here, it's VERY light and soft.

Dry: Soft, clean air. It's not really soapy anymore. It's very fluffy and comforting, but light. It's a linen-y scent to me. Maybe a faint hint of melony-fruit.

Summary: A nice, clean, comforting scent. But it's not something I'd wear a bunch - too mild and hazy.

In Vial: Very fresh

Wet: Light, almost smells like nothing. Now its getting stronger. Smells very clean without being soapy.

Dry: This is so light I can hardly smell it. It dries close to something like light perfume.

I'm perplexed by this scent. It seems to be a morpher, going from something green to something berry and then back again as it dries.

I love it, though. So sad it's DCed.