Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
zankoku_zen

Vixen Hair Gloss

Lascivious, flirtatious, and vampy as hell. A true heartbreaker’s perfume. The innocence of orange blossom tainted by the beguiling scents of ginger and patchouli.

Oh god Vixen. You're better than Hollywood Babylon, by far. On first application, I get a huge hit of orange blossom and sugared patchouli. If you stayed in the same level of throw, we would be having a really torrid encounter right about now. And by torrid, I mean, I'd be stalking every single sale and swap page for you.

Sadly, my hair seems to eat you up almost immediately. About an hour later, I just get faint whiffs of orange blossom and ginger. Where did you go? Why did you leave me? Was my hair not good enough for you? I swear, whatever it is, I can make it better. I can change. Next time, it won't be like this. Just come back.

Just come back.

Vixen is one of my favorite BPALs of all time, so grabbing the hair gloss was a no-brainer. This is a lot lighter on the patchouli in my hair than it is on my skin. It's all orange blossom and ginger with just a hint of patch in the background. Definitely not a complaint as I feel very self-conscious wafting patchouli all over my (entirely male dominated) workplace.

It lasts through a full 8 hour workday before I start to have to really try to smell it. It's not overpowering and sticks fairly close to my personal bubble (unlike Boo, which scents my entire office). And as always, my hair is tamed and shiny :D I like this quite a bit!

Vixen you beautiful thing you

This HG is Vixen only a bit more ginger heavy. Like an above review said, the patchouli is much lighter in the HG. It's still there only lighter.

The orange blossom in the HG seems really lush and yummy and more "moreness" than in the oil.

I am also getting about 8 hours of wear on the scent. It's throw is low and stays in your personal space (as the above review said) but it does last and when I take a shower at night this comes back to life strongly under the water.

I should have probably ordered many more bottles :umm:. It's good stuff.

Sniff from the bottle: ouch! There's something sharp here, not the nice patchouli from the vixen I know! I figure it's just the other oils with it. I've always found hair gloss to be a little nose hurty at first!

Two sprays to wet hair: it smells pretty spicy still and I love it!

Five sprays into hands to run through slightly damp hair: here's where it goes ALL GINGER ALL THE TIME.

Dry: ginger doesn't work on my skin usually. Vixen the oil is very patch heavy so sometimes I've been able to wear my imp if the mood strikes. Unfortunately, this stuff starting burning the back of my neck unpleasantly. :(

Edited by Yojenitan

Smells like Vixen perfume, but as others have said, with lighter patchouli. The ginger is a bit closer to the foody gingerbread in Gingerbread Poppet, rather than the sharp ginger I get from Shub. The gloss itself is just as great as all my others. Makes my hair soft and shiny. I'm still adjusting to my short haircut, and the lack of hair around my face means I don't get as much waft from any of my hair glosses. However, I can still detect this when I lay my head on my pillow, so I know it lasts. And as others have said, the scent really comes out in the steam of the shower. It makes me long for Vixen in a bath oil.

Vixen hair gloss has everything I love about Vixen, but in slightly different proportions. In the hair gloss, I get less patchouli and more orange blossom, which works fine for me, as orange blossom smells like a harbinger of spring and I'm craving spring right now!

My hair was eating this gloss up so quickly that I actually spiked it with about 1/3 a 5ml of Vixen, and now it lasts almost all day. As the day goes on, the ginger and patchouli fade and the orange blossom remains. I'm so glad I nabbed a bottle of this when I could! It layers beautifully with Vixen (of course), but also Spellbound, Sin, Shub, and many other favorites.

Yes, Yes, YES!!! I love Vixen, and to have it in a hair gloss form is bonus. In the bottle, Vixen at it's best. I don't know how it can smell even better than the oil, but it does. It's like super aged Vixen, with the smooth patch and sweet orange blossom. Not sure what happened, but it fades into nothing in my hair:( I will still keep and use my bottle, but I wish it had a bit more 'oomph'.

I ended up swapping another hair gloss that didn't work on for me this, and SO glad I did! I like Vixen, the perfume, but don't wear it a lot--even for a neroli lover like me, it can be a bit much, as my skin amps the neroli. However, this is softer, with a little more patch and ginger and a kinder, gentler orange blossom. Interestingly, the hair gloss goes very vanilla on me--soft and sweet, which is just lovely. I really, really like it! So much so that on occasion I have put a bit more in my hair than I should have! Ooops!

And most of the hair glosses do not last long on my hair at all. (Granted, my fine hair can only take a few spritzes). But this one really does linger on me, which is also nice. Vixen HG for the win!

I love the vixen perfume, and was thrilled when this won the lunacy poll. I can smell the orange blossom more in the hg than I can in the perfume, but they are very close and both extremely gorgeous. this would be a fantastic gc hg...just saying...

I received a tester of this in a swap with just enough left to spray a few times. 

At first I thought I was smelling snake oil which is probably the patchouli and something really sweet. It isn't overpowering so far and the ginger adds some subtle spiciness. I like it and it makes me want to try the perfume oil. 

i got this for a friend, but tested it to make certain it was something she would enjoy. this went very powdery on me, and the ginger did not agree with me.

from what i know about snake oil, i think this smells a little like it, which the sniffies i have had of it indicated to me i don’t enjoy that much either, hah.