Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

The Dormouse

A dizzying eddy of four teas brushed with light herbs and a breath of peony.

Wet
How lovely. It's like a breath of Spring. It's green but not boldly so, light and airy green, like a breeze on green grass. The Peony gives this a touch of a clean light floral.
5 minutes
it's less green now but still light and slightly sweet floral, has good staying power thus far for such a light perfume.
10 minutes
This hasn't changed that much which is refreshing. I'm trying to give an un-biased review but honestly there just isn't anything bad about this blend that I can find.
20 minutes
This has faded somewhat and it was already a light fragrance to begin with so you have to sniff your wrist to smell it but this blend would serve well the wearer who wants a light, fresh, cleaan but feminine surprise waiting for her partner behind her ear, or in the nape of her neck.
I'm needing a 5ml of this.

Hmm. in the imp, this one smells like someone took a really weak glass of tea and sudsed it up with some liquid hand soap.

On: Okay, it's still there, but the soapy smell is beginning to go away a bit and the tea smells a little stronger, with a little hint of apple.

After awhile: This one is definitely interesting. that's the only way I can describe it. I think it's going to take some more wearing for me to decide whether I really like it or not.

It's definitely light and clean, but I wish the tea was stronger, considering there are supposed to be 4 of them. ah well.

Sharp, crisp and very lightly green. Perhaps a bit astringent - but not overpoweringly so. It's a super, super fresh blend. Funky fresh. Soo fresh. Okay. As for the peony, I only get it in the bottle. It may be sweetening this blend a bit, but it's not an outrightly identifiable note.

As this fades, it becomes more herbal and less sharply-green, which is good. It's pretty, but I think that Neo-Tokyo is my "fresh and super clean" scent - it's a little more complex. If you're a fan of soft, clean scents - you can confidently add this one to your repetoire.

It smelled a bit like lemon flavored black tea on me then faded really quickly. I don't think I had it on 30 minutes and it was gone. Smells watery and nice when on though. Like iced tea. But weak iced tea with lots of lemon. Not really for me. I was hoping for more tea smell and less sweet lemon.

Edited by Madame Nyx

Hrm- I'm not really getting a tea smell from this one. Second 'tea' scent that fails to smell anything like tea to me.

What it does smell like to me, is The Healing Garden's Green Tea Therapy. I also had high hopes for that one, but didn't smell tea-y at all either.

This, to me/on my skin, smells like generic floral perfume. A little heavy on the Peony.

I feel like this, much like I said about Embalming Fluid, could use a good dose of strong black tea, and then it would be great.

Ah, light and sweet Dormouse, how symbolic of Spring are you! *hugs it* Light and sweet is probably the strongest and most apt descriptions that I can give. But, it's a wet sweetness and a light tea/light green/light dewey scent. The peony is a faint, round and sweet twist and isn't as strong as it is in other blends. This doesn't have a lot of staying power on my skin (I wonder if I could kick the pop how that would change things, hmm), but it's lovely in a scent locket and easy enough to reapply.

wet it is sharp and herbal

dry it is all teas, i wish there was a hint of peony as they are my favorite flower. but this is a pretty spring scent

This was a freebie with my last order. Thank you again Lab for your generosity. :P

The Dormouse was on my list of scents to try and I'm so glad that I did. It is a crisp, light, pretty scent reminiscent of clean laundry (which I love). This would be great as a springtime scent, or in a lotion for a second-skin effect. Also, I may try it as a linen spray. Clean, white, light green, pale yellow, and a little pink....evokes images of a baby nursery or freshly-washed whites on a clothesline....My only concern is that it has little to no throw....but as always, I'll try again....

I almost get lemon from this. I wouldn't pin it down to that though. It's very light and breezy. I smell the tea but on me the floral element seems predominate. Normally this wouldn't be good but I guess I can add peonies to the list of flowers which will work on me (along with carnations and roses). It's like a much more girly version of Embalming Fluid on my skin I think. I'd put it in the same 'fresh and lively' family as EF and Kuhimo are for me. Lovely, I'll use the imp but not sure that I need a full bottle.

When first applied to my skin: very strong green tea. This quickly becomes extremely "perfumey" and starts "scraping" at my nose, like Ophelia did :P. It's a very heavy-handed green scent without any airy freshness...gahh...

Dormouse, a 5ml ordered unsniffed.

In the bottle-citrus

On the skin, initial tea with citrus, very bright, like an Earl Grey, with loads of bergmont. LOVE that. Still wet it smells VERY much like the Demeter Earl Grey spray.

As it drys, it looses some of the initial brightness and stays just citrusy with tea. Like an iced tea with lemon.

Happy girl here!

The Dormouse to me is like a miniature tea set and a bowl of lemons on a freshly laundered white linen table cloth next to a vase of wildflowers. There is no hit you over the head tea scent. The tea is there and it comes out when you don't try to hard to smell it but you mostly get a light, airy flowery green smell. The lemon/citrus scent is most strong when it's wet. This is one of my favorites but only after it's dried down is it fantastic.

I got this imp as a swap from a friend, but waited for a while to try it because it seemed, well, kind of boring in the bottle. I usually lean towards the spicier scents and it was very soft and dry and lightly herbal.

So I tried it last night, and it was like inhaling the vapor off a fresh cup of tea right before bed. Suddenly it was soft and dry and herbal in a very good way. Snuggling up in a fuzzy mohair sweater and taking a nap on a porch on a gray day in early spring scent. Lovely.

Ooooh, what a delightfully spring-y scent! It reminds me of Empyreal Mist. I definitely smell a lot of peony, something citrus, and green tea..it is very light, clean, and floral. I have a bottle of Empyreal Mist which I think I like a little better so I wont be needing a bottle of this one. Whereas Empyreal Mist gives the impression of fog, this is allllllll clear skies. Gentle yet crisp. This is a very nice scent indeed..

A lovely spring scent. Smells like an Early Grey tea with a touch of lemon (not a strong lemon though), a bit of green tea and definitely bergamot. The peony is my dry down. Just very fresh and light.

In the bottle: Very fresh and light, a pale green type scent. I'm getting linen, green tea, bamboo, a faint citrus and either pear or apple.

First on: This is wonderful, the perfect spring scent, crisp fruit, linen and tea.

After a while: There is a slightly sweet floral note to it now, but it's still beutiful and light.

My skin adores this. It's going in my must get a 10ml pile.

ADDED June 2:

In the bottle: Fresh linen and crisp green apple.

First on: A flash of green apple (but not the synthetic stuff) and a very strong linen with a faint hint of lemon.

After a bit: Now I'm just getting lemon and linen.

A bit more: It's remaining fairly similar throughout, though it seems to have developed a slight peppery edge. Mostly linen, sometimes apple, sometimes lemon poke their heads out. Very fresh and clean though.

On me this is Dirty's sister, and I love them both.

In the bottle this is very light and airy. It has a tart quality to it.

On isn't much different from the bottle scent. I'm getting a spring soapy smell. It's much more pleasant than the white floral soap smell. It actually reminds me of one of the Herbal Essences scents. The peony is totally encompassing anything tea-ish, which is quite sad.

Overall I like the way this smells, but it's too tart for my tastes. It would make a great bathroom scent though :P

it smelled very light and airy in the imp, but on me it turned into a strange floral/lemon smell that eventually started to smell chemical. swapped.

I tried this one again last night when I visited the Pook. At first when I put it on it smelt like strong tea, (I'm not sure why!) but ti was quite biting and crisp - slowly it began to mellow outinto a really lovely refreshing warm, but clean smell which I loved. UNTIL Laura pointed out that it smelt like shampoo.

It was true!

It's not a bad smell - a good shampoo smell - but that was exactly what it was. After that I just couldn't get passed the shampoo association, and so the excitement was gone.

Mmm, tea and grass. This smelled so lovely wet, light green florals and sweet grass backing up lots of tea leaves. It's very soft and clean, but unfortunately my skin devoured it. Five minutes later I could barely smell a thing. I'll try it again, but I suspect it just doesn't last long enough on me to make it worth getting a bottle. My quest to find the perfect green tea scent continues.

In the vial, wet, & dry, it smells exactly the same. One of those scents that doesn't morph at all once it hits the skin. It smells of peony & tea. I don't like flowers with my tea. If it's green & herbal, it's fine, but it's too much floral than I can take during this time of year.

dear god, the love. :P

it's sweet right off (the peony, maybe?), but after a few minutes it's a bit less sugary. i don't get any apples like everyone else; just pretty peonies and tea. how lovely. *swoons*

now i really must try dorian...

Today is a great oil day, I've had some great one's! The dormouse is lovely. I tend to like the tea scents, although they are all very light on me. This is just so innocent, I can't get over it. It smells to me like sitting outside on a spring morning, drinking milky sweet tea, very soft blooming vine flowers around. Lovely blend. It does seem to fade fast, which is expected from me, but it is such a sweet, pretty residue!

I like the way Ultraviolet said it, best:

... this blend would serve well the wearer who wants a light, fresh, clean but feminine surprise waiting for her partner behind her ear, or in the nape of her neck.

:P

The boy even liked it smelling it straight from the imp! and he doesn't like anything!

Get ready for it... here it comes....

It's the TEA SQUEEEEEEEE!!!! TEEEEEEEAAAA!!!!

*Ahem* Okay, I'm better now.

So yeah, The Dormouse is wonderful. I'm a raging fan of the teas, although Dorian and The White Rabbit were a bit on the lighter side for me. The Dormouse is definitely darker, although not as dark as Severin, which is more leather than tea for me.

The Dormouse is the most "tea" fragrance out of the four that I've tried for me, and by golly I like it! Sign me up for a bigger bottle sometime within the next few orders, please. I'm really fond of the herbal smell in The Dormouse as well, which must be the peonies, I suppose. Not too flowery, not too overpowering, just lightly nudging the tea towards the road where The Apothecary lies.

All in all, The Dormouse is wonderful.

-doreen