Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
thekittenkat

White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper Truffle

White chocolate, strawberry, and white pepper truffle.

I shouldn't be surprised that I don't care for this scent. I am not a fan of white chocolate but I DO like strawberry, so I was cautiously optimistic. Unfortunately, the strawberry is more synthetic, definitely not the scent of fresh berries. The pepper in the background keeps threatening to make me sneeze.

Bye bye, truffle.

Last year's White Chocolate & Strawberry was plastic FAIL on me, but I love the idea of a chocolate/strawberry blend, so I keep trying...this version isn't quite so plasticky but the strawberry is still very fake on me. The pepper note perks things up a bit but that strawberry note--it's so hit-and-miss, the Lab's strawberry, and I'm afraid this is another miss.

I guess I have an unsophisticated nose because it smells just like last year's White Chocolate and Strawberry on me (which I love). I'm not picking up the pepper at all.

That is some strawberry! I can smell a bit of pepper, but it is mostly strawberry. In fact, I smell none of the white chocolate.

Very pale yellow oil. Rich, heavy, cloying cocoa buttery, creamy white chocolate with a teensy bit of candied, jammy strawberry. No apparent white pepper.

Much more fruit, and a little fresher - like ripe strawberries mushed together with sugary preserves. I get a little bit of white pepper kick, very light and very pleasant. White pepper seems to work on me - it doesn't register as pepper or spice, I group it more with ginger as a 'fresh' note that brightens blends. The white chocolate is less dominating and much more bearable, less cloying and buttery.

Crazy strong throw - to the point of interfering with stuff I'm testing on my other arm. The white pepper has amped up to the point where I can identify it clearly as such - but I still like it! Strawberry jam and cheap, artificially flavoured white chocolate are battling for dominance. The lab's white chocolate always goes gross on my skin, but this year it seems to be a bit improved - it's only a little bit fake, and there is some pleasant creaminess to it. Mostly I think it's just not something I'd want to smell like, ever.

I just scratched half the perfume off the testing spot. I think that happened with the other WC blend from this year, too. Apparently my skin doesn't like WC? Sniffing what remains, it appears that also as with the other WC blend, the fruit one the battle against WC. So this is mostly a lovely jammy strawberry note - a note which is unique in BPAL - it's not the 'fake' strawberry that goes plastic from older blends (like Strawberry Moon 05), or the fresh, 'wild' and juicy strawberry note of recent blends (like Strawberry Moon 09) - it's delicious strawberry JAM with a bit of puree blended in.

I am shocked by how much I like the final drydown - it's strawberry jam with a touch of sweetened cream and some strawberry coulis - basically, a 'strawberries & cream' scent, which can never be wrong - and I don't own anything like this scent, and I really love this particular strawberry note. The white pepper keeps it fresh and interesting but blends indistinctly after a few hours. The throw is strong at first but my skin seems to eat this up. Still, I think a bottle or two is in order.

:heart:

So, I glanced over other reviews and am curious about what my nose picks up.

This is certainly a sweet white chocolate, and a delicious strawberry. Most certainly a strawberry found in /chocolate/. It wont be fresh ripe strawberries. I mean, even fresh strawberries dipped in chocolate get a little sickly sweet XD.

The white pepper, at least I thought in my head, added a real definite bite to the scent. It made the strawberry juicier, somehow. In my head, I imagined biting into the chocolate truffle, and snagging a strawberry seed (and unleashing that green, raw zap in contrast to the sweet). Somehow I associated that image with the white chocolate.

So, take what you will from that. Like I say in most all of my posts, scents tend to get zesty/spicey on me the longer I wear them. This one went along with that, but was still really delicious by the end. I got to sample the white chocolate strawberry from last year, LOVED it, but love this one more. It's just got more for the nose to play with, somehow.

I wont wear it in proportion to how much I love it, I know. I just can't always smell like sweet chocolates XD. But it's going to become a personal scent I put on to help me bypass sugar cravings o_o.

Another love. Wonderful truffles this year.

Exactly as described. Juicy strawberry an white chocolate. The white pepper truffle comes in after drydown, and gives the blend depth, a bit of spice and lots of kick. I have a bottle of last years white chocolate and strawberry, so I am unsure that I need a bottle of this. I'll definitely enjoy my decant though.

White Chocolate, Strawberry, and White Pepper Truffle:

In Bottle: I can smell the softness of the white chocolate, and the strawberry is nicely sweet and subdued. No pepper yet.

Wet: Slightly floral under the strawberries, a little fragrant like perfume. White chocolate is almost undetectable.

Dry: Like a sweet floral strawberry; the white chocolate is subtle if it's there at all. Not as candy-like as I'd wanted, but very nice! I never did get the white pepper in any strength I would recognize, but I bet it gave it some of this floral richness.

Overall: A creative strawberry scent!

I had such high hopes for this one, it is just too weak. I like the concept and the white pepper note in the background.

The strawberry is a somewhat generic smelling strawberry scent but the white chocolate is nice and creamy but basic.

Sadly it just disappears on my skin. I wish it had more staying power.

Oh noooo! I am gutted to have to say I am disgusted by the smell of this! It smells like freshly puked booze and strawberry ice cream to me. It's the pepper! It's just vomit in a little bottle. And I even put it on my skin, and there are no redeeming features at all! Does nobody else smell this foul little beastie?!

Sweet strawberry, but it's got a little fermented overtone. It's got a little bit of something else going on. This smells a lot like some homebrewing I've done — yeastie beasties hard at work. I want to drag out the carboy now...

I expected this to be white chocolate with a hint of strawberry, but it's actually the other way around: a juicy, bright strawberry just barely coated with white chocolate. The pepper keeps it from being completely candy-sweet, but otherwise this is a surprisingly fresh strawberry.

Over time, the chocolate and strawberry even out, and the pepper becomes more distinct. This ends up being rather like those Godiva chocolate-dipped strawberries, with the throw more chocolate than strawberry.

The pepper in this doesn't come out nearly enough to stop it from smelling like last year's White Chocolate Strawberry.

White Chocolate and Strawberries --- and wow, not fake. There's a tiny trace of plastic, but the white pepper keeps it from being too sweet and plastic, smelling.

It's still a little on the sweet side - but it does smell like strawberries and cream. :yum:

Imp/wet: Fresh strawberry!!! This smells like a strawberry smoothie, or the strawberries in strawberry shortcake. The white chocolate is in the background, but I am getting wafts of it, and it's sweet. Not getting the pepper. This is delicious! I may need to acquire more than just my decant. aroused.gif

This smells like a wonderful fresh strawberry dipped in white chocolate. I get just a tiny hint of the pepper, which helps keep it from being too sweet. The throw is amazingly strong on me as well.

I quite like it!

Ok..let me justsay I am a chocolate dipped strswberry freak..I can eat loads of them..this is seriously a go to scent sometimes..non fakey strawberry (strawberry pectin/ coulis) with a decadent chocolate..I do not get much pepper..maybe just a hint of spice. Cremy and rich..want to lick my arm! :D

All I have to say about this one is that it's very yummy, but a little too *foody*. Like, while wearing it, I feel like I just ate a chocolate/strawberry/pepper crepe and now have my hands dirty or sticky with it. It's not a very fresh scent, pretty heavy on the chocolate for me.

This one smells better in the Imp as it does on my skin. I do smell all of the notes perfectly, they come out in the order of the description; the white chocolate is overpowering, then you smell the strawberry and then a subtle spicy pepper at the end. I wish that the strawberry came out a bit more on me because it's a beautiful strawberry.

My boyfriend's exact words about this one were; "Ugh, I don't like that one at all. Why would you want to smell like a fat kid who eats chocolate?" :eek: Safe to say I wont be buying big bottles of anything with a chocolate note, and I'll stick to my usual pickings because after that he told me he loves everything else I wear.

The white chocolate note in "white Chocolate, Mango, Buttercream" is much more fitting and blends so incredibly well with its buddies. I love that one.

Edited by BelladonnasGarden

This definitely smells like the strawberry sauce that comes with funnel cake. It smells SUPER DELICIOUS, but is too sweet for me to imagine ever wearing.

In the vial, the individual notes are quite apparent. I can pick out the sweet strawberry from the creamy white chocolate, and the pepper is there too. On me, though, the strawberry is a lot more tart, and I lose the white chocolate. The pepper hangs on in the background. This reminds me so much of a Skindazzles strawberry scent I had as a creamy shower soap years ago. It's a delicious, fun scent that I'll be looking forward to wear.

In the bottle - Warm, stewed strawberries

Wet on me - Mushed up, pulpy strawberries

Dry on me - A warm almost incensy scent over the sweetness of the strawberries

Overall - I like this a lot, the woody heat of the pepper stops the sweetness being sickly sweet

Heavy on the strawberry, this one starts off smelling sort of like strawberry jam. Or even boozy, like a strawberry cocktail. Unfortunately, I have a lot of trouble with strawberry scents, and this one becomes that artificial strawberry I associate with lipgloss on the drydown. Dang.

Edited by bellumed

This smells lovely in the bottle (sweet strawberry liquor with a hint of white chocolate and just a bit of tingliness from the pepper), but once on my skin, it gradually morphs into a dead ringer for the scented plastic of a 1980s Strawberry Shortcake Doll.

I was hoping the pepper would be more dramatic in this one, but it's very faint...or maybe I am even trying to make it happen. This on me is mainly white chocolate and strawberry. It's very pretty, but I wanted more sharpness from the pepper.

I bought this scent second hand couple of month ago. I wasn't aware it is from 2010 and 8 years old.

So this must be perfectly aged.

I truly love this soft sweet strawberry scent! It is fruity and slightly sweet. Love it!

(There is no peppery scent on my skin.)