Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

The Lake of Forgetfulness: a deep, still pool of lavender, aged benzoin and patchouli, frankincense, and sorrow-honeyed ylang ylang. Deep beneath, there is a touch of fig's sweetness and amber's golden light.

The ylang ylang makes this powdery...but overall it is truly a beautiful scent. Frankincense, benzoin, and the lavender swirl together in a wild dance with the ylang, ylang and crescendo higher and higher while wet. Dry...this scent crashes into a beautiful ylang and amber scent on my skin. Not a lot of fig here but I think some aging will help with that. This will truly be a beautiful scent once some of the ylang ylang settles down. I just got this bottle today so right now it and the amber are the loudest notes on my skin.

Easily my favorite of the Lunar Landscape scents...this makes me so happy! Its like Love and Sleep with the addition of lavender and some light handed resins...just gorgeous! The ylang and lavender are most prevalent but i just got this in the mail and i cannot wait to see what even a week of aging does...i wish i had bought another bottle as this might be my go to sleep blend until it is gone. Love.this.

ETA: still hauntingly beautiful and one of my true loves over a year later :-)

Edited by Herb Girl

I just got this in the mail and couldn't wait to let it settle before I put some on, so this is reviewed right out of the mailbox.

Holy WOW. This is THE most perfect lavender resin-y blend EVER. I'm ecstatic I have a second bottle on the way. I may need a third (possibly a fourth?!). Lacus Oblivionis is definitely going to be my most reached for sleep and relaxation blend and I will need to have it ALWAYS!

Right out of the bottle it is all wonderful herbal lavender. As it dries down the frankincense, patch and amber become present and lend a wonderful warmth to the blend. I'm not getting a lot of sweetness from the fig right now, but some aging may change things up a bit. Spectacular. I can't find enough adjectives to express how much I love this...

Beth has blown me away again.

ETA- I keep huffing this and thinking that Beth created THE perfect lavender scent. It's the right balance of the wonderful herbal lavender I love and pretty much every other note I love. :huffhuffhuff:

Edited by Sammy

This is odd on me compared to the other reviewers. I never got much lavender. In the bottle and wet on my wrists the dominant note is floral, but much more ylang yang than lavender. It dries down very quickly and the floral and any sweetness honey might have provided are completely eaten by the resins. I'm left with a really close to my body, deep, smooth, dry resin consisting mainly of frankincense and benzoin. It's actually one of the few scents I've tried with frankincense in which that component doesn't get eaten alive by other notes. There's maybe a touch of powder from the amber and a little funk from the patchouli, but the star of this is on me definitely the other resins.

Edited to add: This is the closest bpal I've tried to how my hair smells several hours after using Nature's Gate Herbal Conditioner (the brown one) which I happen to love. The bottles now just say "fragrance" but I think, years ago, they used say it was made with extracts of lavender and myrrh. I've always thought it also smelled similar to the Zum Frankincense and Myrrh scent line, so I've long suspected frankincense was also part of their fragrance blend.

Edited by kakiphony

Herbal salty lavender, amber, hints of fig, patchouli and ylang ylang. I am beginning to think I amp up fig.

Lacus Obliovionis starts out to me like Oneiroi but softer, and with more amber and fig thrown in. It dries to lavender-tinges with amber/resin and fig. It's soothing, like rowing on a crystal lake, sort of soothing.

It ends up being foodier because of the fig than I expected.

Mine must be a batch variation. This is more of an almost camphorous smell, with something sort-of sweet (maybe fig?), a light splash of benzoin. No lavender, no patchouli or frankincense, no amber, nothing honeyed. Not unpleasant, but not what I was expecting. Where are you, lavender? I miss you...I really wanted lavender top note with a resinous base.

Edited by samarablackcat

When it's wet all I get is a massive lavender overdose, but it settles down pretty quickly. There's still a gentle hint of lavender, a powdery swathe of amber and gentle fig peeking through. I don't get the ylang ylang for which I'm grateful, and I can't really pick out the patch. Beautiful and unlike anything else I've tried.

A very lovely and delicate lavender perfume with a slight juiciness from the sweet fig. Similar but with less up-front throw to the Victorian Garden, which is probably because of its resiny Summer honey note in there. It's one of those calming, relaxing, and forgetting about the stress scents. :)

Edited by Mergekat

it goes on as biting benzoin and lavender, and quickly turns deeper with fig and incense. then settles within a few minutes to just a very soft mix, all note fading soft and together

Smells like lavender, and then turns to an incense lavender soap. I do like this, and I feel sleepy after a half hour of applying. I do have a lot of lavender blends, though, and don't need any more.

I got this as a decant just to try out a lunacy scent as I haven't tried one yet. I am not quite sure why I picked this one as frankincense and patchouli rarely do well on me. Anyway, first one it was all sharp lavender and benzion. I generally didn't like it, but I was hoping the fig and amber would come out soon to play, but then it took a vile turn on me and started to stink, I mean stank, and I washed it off. There definitely seems to be a problem with benzoin going whack on me.

Lavender and ylang-ylang holding hands with frankincense coming up behind them and throwing his arms around their shoulders. As it dries down I get a little fig sweetness and a warm resiny goodness from the amber and patchouli. Will most definitely join my comforting scent/sleep scent box.