Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ella LaRose

Sugared pink grapefruit?

I am looking up everything I can find and it's either a peel, or a sharp grapefruit.

I am hoping for a sweet candy pink grapefruit:))

Hungry Ghost Moon (the earlier version - '06, I believe) to me comes across as fresh, sweet sugared grapefruit - perfect for spring and summer.

I second Hungry Ghost Moon '06, also Vampire Tears, an older LE that smells like sugary, incensy grapefruit on my skin. Also Lustration from the GC! It smells exactly like grapefruit to me, peel and all, with lots of sugar and a good dash of vanilla.

I can't remember how sweet it is, probably not candied, but Adoration of the Mi-Go comes out almost pure grapefruit to me.

I think wormwood field starts off as grapefruit pith then turns to ruby red grapefruit sprinkled with sugar. There is a bit of muskiness I think from a melon in there as well. My daughter says it smells like pink lemonade with a hint of grapefruit... which she claims is necessary to turn the lemonade pink :tongue:

it doesn't have many reviews and I think that mellifluous said herbal essences ????? and everybody else said extremely bitter grapefruit pith. I honestly get a sticky sweetness from it. I can send you some if you like to try. I think I have your address.

editing to add I do not get grapefruit from Vampire Tears but I can decant some of that for you as well.

Edited by elka

Maybe Harlequin? Notes: pink grapefruit, white honey, orange blossom, saffron, champagne grape, elemi, guaiac, blonde tobacco, and olibanum.

The honey makes this a fairly sweet grapefruit, but this has a lot of orange blossom, too.

I also agree with Hungry Ghost Moon '06, and definitely not the other iterations of that scent. I love HGM '06 (and it's one of the few scents I have a backup bottle of, since it's a pretty unique scent), but it might be hard to find.

Admittedly, this may not help since this has long since been DC'd and if there is any remaining in this universe I'd pay a pretty penny for it ...

But on the off-chance that Beth and crew decide to bring back a few of the rare old favorite Single Notes ... these reviews of Pink Grapefruit will show you that NO ONE can nail the scent of pink grapefruit with sugar on it like Beth can!

http://www.bpal.org/topic/1099-pink-grapefruit/

My husband bought me a perfume he likes called revert? I have never been a fan of citrus but it's such a sweet sugary bright grapefruit that I love it, only draw back is I hate perfume! Lololol!!

I have tried some oils that are citrus, but it really is only the grapefruit with sugar that makes me want it!

Maybe Boabhan Sith? It was a lovely sweet grapefruit on me. Plus it's GC, so you can get an imp to test.

I tested Croquet today, and though it has a lot of notes, it is mostly sugary sweet grapefruit and a little nectarine on me: "Pink lime, pink grapefruit, white nectarine, wild rose, sage, woody patchouli, bergamot, and ornery hedgehog musk."