Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Dandelion

At first, just a bit artificial. Something you'd find in the cleanest, freshest most amazing laundry detergent out there, but a tad perfume-y.

Within a couple of minutes, though, this settles in remarkable true. Bright yellow with green stems that break open to the pungent milky stuff. This is the green note I've been trying to identify in the Voodoo Blends, I think.

Amazing, and something I'll order a 5 ml of to slather on myself this spring!

I don't know how Beth does it, because this smells exactly like a dandelion. Pure summery backyard goodness, and as it dries down there seems to be a touch of something spicy. Very nice!

Wow, there's really not much else to say about this one...it's a dead-ringer on me. Even in the vial, it smells distinctly of fresh-cut dandelions...petals, stems and all. When I put it on, the actual stems seem to take the second seat and the actual bright, yellow floral of the oil opens up in full bloom. On dry down, I'm left with images of the giggling of little girls in a big, green back yard spinning around, hand-in-hand playing "Ring Around the Rosie" with a crown of fresh plucked dandelions gracing each and every one of their sweet, little perfectly curly, long-haired heads. It makes me smile and it's the perfect Spring scent...even to someone, like me, who's usually attracted to darker scents...

Well, I was going to say almost the exact same thing that Requiem-of-Roses said. Even down to the little girls! It is a perfect innocent, late spring, childhood scent.

I'm totally going to get a bottle of this as springtime draws near.

Mmmmm... summer! This scent really takes me back to my childhood... running around in Mrs. Miller's backyard when it was completely yellow with puffy dandelions (Mr. Miller was less dedicated to lawn care than my father :P ), picking weedy bouquets... this scent is happiness and sunshine, pure and simple! I really regret not purchasing a 5ml before the single notes were discontinued.

In bottle: It's the milky white liquid that you find in the middle of dandelion stems when you crush them. It's perfect.

On me: It's very very green, but very true to dandelion flowers. A great, clean scent. It makes me think of childhood and playing in the backyard, making dandelion chains in the summertime. It's definitely a comfort scent for me.

Fresh, clean green smell. Very like the milk inside dandelions when you break their stems. This doesn't feel like a floral to me: it's too clean and fresh and outside-y smelling. It's a very bright, strong scent, and doesn't change much at all over its lifetime.

:P

I loved the dandelion note in Roadhouse. The singlenote is that same smell, but minus Roadhouse's awful boozy quality.

This is fresh dandelions. Very green, slightly bitter, and crisp. It starts out a bit perfumey and off putting, but the drydown is just perfect. It smells like playing in a field of yellow dandelions and has a childlike, innocent sort of quality to it.

I wish that I could get a bottle of this one.

Single Note: Dandelion - This is a very strong scent! It’s incredibly true-to-life and reminds me of being a kid and sitting on the front lawn with my sister, pulling dandelion weeds out of the grass, and examining the milk-colored juice that runs within the dandelion stalks. Beth managed to capture the scent of the flower, the green, weedy stalk, and that milky substance in the dandelion itself. It’s simply spectacular how genuine this scent is! It’s not one I would choose to wear by itself because I feel like I smell a bit too much like a giant green weed, but I imagine that blended with a scent that’s spicy and not otherwise floral (Bengal, perhaps?) it could work really well. It has a moderate level of throw and lasts over three hours on my skin.

This scent is lovely....sooo very lovely.

In the bottle: If yellow and green had scents....this is what it would smell like...you can smell the yellow of the flower AND the green of the stem.

On my skin the green fades away into the background leaving the wonderful dandelion scent....this is true dandelion folks...no imitation scent here. I smell like a bouquet of flowers freshly picked...this is going to be a lovely spring/summer scent.

I am so very much in love with it :P

wow. just wow.

like being a kid, and lying in a field full of dandelions. i don't know that i would wear this regularly, but for sense recollection, this is spot on.

This is really well done. I can smell yellow flowers and a slightly bitter weedy scent. Underneath it all is something smooth and milky, but it's only barely there.

I appreciate this oil for its artistry, because I'm really impressed that this is such an accurate scent.

Unfortunately my nice comforting childhood memories of the scent of dandelions are long gone. Dandelions are a contributing factor to what makes my yard the scourge of the neighborhood. I smell this scent now and I start looking around for my gardening gloves and that corkscrew tool that uproots dandelions. I refuse to use chemicals on my lawn, so I have to pick the buggers by hand, and it's a chore. :P

I absolutely adore Dandelion single note. It is green, bitter, and to me, smells very much like I've just stuck my face in the actual plant. At least, when it's wet. When it dries, I find that SN Dandelion takes on a bit of a sweet quality that, while it certainly smells nice, is less reminiscent, to me, of Dandelions themselves, and more like a sort of nondescript Dandelion blend--like Roadhouse, without the grit.

Dandelion does not, sadly, last terribly long on my skin. I'll keep reapplying cheerfully as long as I can, but oh, how I wish it stuck around!

it starts out as green, milky dandelion plant and stems. Unfortunately it does not stay that way and eventually turns soapy and then disappears from my skin.

This is perfect, from sap to leaves to petals to the hint of bitterness. If you rolled around in a meadow full of dandelions (or, tbh, my front yard), this is what you would smell like.

I love the simplicity of this one. It's very grassy and green with twinges of sap or some other creamy quality. I don't find it to be floral at all, more of a combination of young, summery greenness. It's like the best part of Garden Path with Chickens was taken out and put into this bottle. Pretty amazing how accurate this smells.