Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Allison93

Black Lace, GC rec?

Of course I would fall in love with one of the LE that was only sold at one store... ugghhh!

I'm always on the look out for more Black Lace.. The Vanilla one. But does anyone have any ideas of some GC BPAL scents that are similar? Even if they aren't GC it's fine, just wanting to try some similar scents!

I love the vanilla and incense in Black Lace, I feel like it's a different vanilla than in the other oils. Here are the notes:

The embodiment of Victorian funereal elegance. A delicate sugar-spun vanilla cream cotton, stained by tobacco and incense, Indian musk, and drops of cognac.

Thanks!

From the "short guide to common recommendations thread", taken from the "LE equivalents" thread, some similar scents to Black Lace (some but not all GC):

Antique Lace, Euterpe (dc), Dorian, Haloes, Black Opal, Zephyr, Desire, Anactoria, The Sailors’ Den, The Antikythera Mechanism, Galvanic Goggles

Thanks! I read those awhile ago and ordered imps of the GC ones.

I feel like the main notes I like in black lace are the Cognac, incense and the Vanilla. Any scents with those notes together I'm positive I would love. I love cake and sweet bakery scents and normally go for those. But I love that black lace has a little bit of that without being too much. So any recs that don't have smell like Black Lace but are like a more mature bakery scent I would love to hear!

Autumn Lace (easier to find but also limited) was better on me than Black Lace, and Mini Magdaleine has a similar light feeling, but no booze.

Morocco, Scherezade (not so much vanilla in this one) from the GC. for a more masculine version, try galvanic goggles. I think it has the same musk, or something. it's like a cousin of black lace.

Autumn Moon of the Mirror Stand was a Lupercalia scent from 2010. the notes include cognac, honey, and quince. it reminds me a lot of black lace. maybe a little brighter. ive seen it for sale. it's kind of a hidden gem, so won't be as hard to find as Black Lace.

hope & faith kind of have that "lace" base. but they're probably hard to find as they were popular carnival scents. if you like rose and violet give em a shot. even if you don't, try them anyway. they're not your typical rose or violet scents.

see if you can track down decants of the other lace scents. most of them are pretty close. except maybe mourning lace. that's verrrrryy clove cigarette.

I have never tried Black Lace, but some people are getting vanilla incense from Blacker than the Raven Wings of Midnight.

ETA: Just saw that you were looking for GC, sorry! But at least it's currently available.

Edited by Myria Jean