Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
riddel

Suck It (2014)

A vampiric good time. Sexy and suckable: black cherry brandy and a whisper of red wine.

2014 Version

This is all sweet, juicy cherries when wet; red candy smoothness when dry. I can't pick out any brandy or wine but there's a warmth underneath that might be their contribution. Yes, it's a little cough syrup-y at first, but that fades with time. Poor cherries, to forever be associated with cough syrup (and, in turn, illness).

But yeah, this is exactly what I wanted it to be: a sweet, lush "red" scent that I can wear alone or use for layering (mostly layering as I love sweet redness and I must sweeten and redden ALL THE THINGS). I have visions of this mixed with Blood Popsicle and Hollywood Babylon. I like those visions.

The vampire imagery doesn't hurt, either. Vaaaaaaaaampires.

Suck it 2014:

Bottle: strong black cherry with a hint of the cough syrup smell
Wet: Yummy black cherry lollipop scent with no hint of cough syrup in sight
Dry: cherry with a hint of wine in the background

All in all i think i will have to get a back up bottle of this one. If you like cherry/sweet/candy like scents this is definitely one you should try before its gone.

The decant I have is most likely from the original, but I can't be certain only because it doesn't have a date and, well, I didn't write when I got it. I have a bottle of the latest ordered as of today, so I'll add to this when I test that one.

This scent is, on me, all red popsicle all the time. I can imagine the stickiness from it melting even. I don't get any brandy from it though this also does not last that long.

Yeah, I know I'll need to keep a bottle handy of this when I'm feeling like wanting something sugary.

2014 version

This toggles between black cherry candy and cherry cough syrup. Definitely get cherries. On wet, it's more black cherries but as it dries I get more of the cough syrup bits.

Sweet, candy, black cherry.

Eh, pass.

Edited by zankoku_zen

Mmm, maraschino cherries. Delicious, but this didn't have much throw or staying power on me. It's incredibly sweet and could end up being too much if it was stronger, so that may be a good thing. I still love it as a fruity, fun scent though!

Edited to add: This review refers to the 2014 version.

Edited by agirlnamedfury

2014 version

Brandied cherries! Suck It is sweet brandied cherries in the bottle and on my skin. It also reminds me of a cherry lollipop or popsicle. I would have to be in just the right mood to wear this, as I usually don't wear super sweet scents, but I can see myself reaching for this occasionally or layering it with other scents. I bet a touch of this would be great with Bliss.

In the bottle: Yes, that's black cherry brandy. The red wine is giving the cherries more of a sweetness than one would usually find in brandy.

Wet: Wow! That's a blast of sweet delicious cherries that have been soaking in something alcoholic.
The dry-down: Gorgeous scent, but no real staying power on my dry skin. I do like it a lot, though. :) It stays close to the skin as it fades. That sweet blast goes away sharpish, but the drydown never hits that tart candy scent, I'm happy to report.

The original smells weirdly like black licorice rolled in black cherry flavored kool-aid powder to me. This is no licorice and less powder, but kinda smells like someone dumped black cherry kool-aid powder into some cherry flavored cough syrup. I have a hard time wearing cherry blends, because they tend to either smell like cough syrup or smell way too sweet, like maraschino cherry juice. This one is cough syrup.