Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Venus

Blissful Love - Romance - Passion - Grace - Beauty - Joy Good Luck in Love and Money - Kindness - Affection - Artistic Inspiration and Success - Harmony - Reconciliation - Sensuosity - Charm - Elegance - Delight

In the bottle: A minty rose. Awesome. I definitely see where the "pink-green" comments are coming from.

On: Rose, rose, rose. A tiny hint of some herb like sage. But overwhelmingly a deep pink rose. The mint disappears, but mint tends to always do that on me.

Verdict: Not for me, at least as perfume. I'm not too into roses to begin with, and I miraculously already have a few BPAL rose blends that I love.

I'm so happy I chose this one as my V-Day order!

On me this is the perfect balance of sweet rose and herby greens. It's what I wanted 2 5 and 7 to smell like, but while that one was a little too sharp, this wafts around one in a very mellow way. It'll be great for springtime, and it makes me want to put on a little sundress and prance around a flower garden. I LOVE IT.

In Bottle: Bitter floral

On Skin: Rose pure and strong. I’m thinking a pink or yellow rose. Somewhat herbal as well, I smell a medicinal note... quite sharp and minty. I really like the uses for this scent so I may keep an imp of it just for days I need a little “help”, but it’s not a scent I really like the scent of and would wear as a normal perfume. Extreme feminine scent, I can’t picture this on a man at all. Very, VERY strong with quite a bit of throw.

Rose, rosey rose - for those of you who read my reviews, you well know that rose doesn't work for me... but after trying Blood Countess (crushed dry roses) today, it gave me hope.

As with 99.999% of rose scents I have tried on, this smells like a really plastic, synthetic rose perfume that turns into powdery grandma in about 2 seconds.

So, for those of you who know that rose works and value this for the help it gives go for it! I think for me this is going bye bye...

Where Rose Red is the perfect red rose, Venus is the perfect pink rose. There is just a slight touch of green stem, but it's all gorgeous, soft, beautiful, quintessential pink rose.

:P

This is a wierd blend on me.

In the bottle, it is very faint and I can barely smell anything. I put it on, and it becomes a beautiful rose scent, and my drive to work was spent in a rose garden, because it smells just like that-roses still on the bush, pink ones, at their peak.

As it dries, about 30 minutes in, it completely morphs into a dark green, crushed leaf scent-sharp, slightly lemon tinged (like citronella?), with the rose very faint underneath. I was almost ready to cry, because it was so not something I would wear, even with the incredible beginning. And then the most amazing thing happened. The green faded, the rose returned, but softer. Still incredible. Smelling more like Peacock Queen, and yet itself too.

I wouldn't have given this up even if the rose scent hadn't returned because the first part was so beautiful-I'd have invested in a scent locket! :P

Venus is the most perfect pale pink rose scent you can imagine. That's the only way I can think of to describe it. There's a bit of the pale green of the stem here, too, which I think is the mint, but mostly, it's pink rose. This is to pink roses what Rose Red is to red roses. Absolutely perfect and so lovely for Valentines Day.

On me, this smelled like the ghost of Has No Hanna: all floral, all the time. At least it didn't have the sour drydown of Sol and Mercury.

Venus

In the imp: a traditional rose scent, slightly green, but very soft and pink.

Wet on skin: gorgeous soft rose. A very true, gentle rose, it's a very pink rose scent, but not tart and dry like some roses.

Dry on skin: oooh, I love this! Rich, full, sweet rose, pink in tone, with hints of greenery. If Rose Red was a winter rose, this is a fresh rose in blooming in June, petals covered in dew, touched by sunshine. There is a tiny amount of mint here-but it's not peppermint, spearmint or any fresh mint-this is garden mint, or salad mint, a green mint as opposed to a cool one. There's definitely greenness to this scent, surrounding the lush pink rose blooms. This is even nicer than Two Five and Seven as a fresh outdoor rose scent.

After a while: mmm, soon this blend starts to develop the tart, crisp aspects of London's tea rose note. And that's a good thing. It's still as lush and full bodied as ever, but now it's got a nice bite to it as well.

After about two hours though, this tartness fades and the rose softens to a gentle sugared rose scent with a hint of violet or sandalwood.

Verdict: this is one of my new favourite rose blends. I'm always amazed at how genuine and how fresh Beth's rose notes are-like sniffing straight from the bloom itself. This one is no exception. If Rose Red was a frozen red rose captured in ice, this is a pink rose blooming at the height of summer, dewy yet warm, rich, luscious and even with green accents to lend authenticity-one of the green notes being a salad mint note. Over time, it develops into a light tea rose with green fringes, before turning into a rose dusted with icing sugar. This is gorgeous, feminine, romantic, very appropriate for Venus. This is also my new favourite out of the planetary scents.

Ahhh, Venus. Tale of stupidity: For some reason, I got the reviews for Luna and Venus mixed up, so I thought Venus was a jasminey blend. And I didn't buy it! And then I got the lobotomy reversed and found out Venus was a ROSE scent, and could have stolen a time machine, travelled back in time, and kicked myself in the ass. Except for the rift in the space-time continuum that would cause.

Anyway, long story short, I was up for a decant and I've found a 5ml. So happy ending.

Oh wait, the review, right? Venus is rose, alright, but definitely pink, not red. This is a girly rose scent. One of the things I love best about the Lab is the way one note can be the main part of a thousand different scents, and none of them will smell the same. On me, at first Venus is roses and green grass, very bright, sparkly, with a frisk of mint. For a few minutes, it turns into Play-Doh, but that fades relatively quickly, and it settles into an herbal rose scent. It's lovely, more green than pink, and I will be pulling this one out a lot when spring hits, I think.

Venus smells soooo good in the bottle! Rosey, but soft and with other interesting scents to make the rose less aggressive.

On, it turns sour in 5 minutes. When I have it on initially, I get the same lovely sweet cool rose scent, but then BAM. Sourness. My skin chemistry just hates this. Too bad! I have always been a fan of rose blends, but rarely do BPALs work on me. Weirdly enough. Anyway, sorry Venus, but you're moving on to the next person.

For me, 2 out of 5.

I was hesitant to try this when I got my first sniff from the bottle, it was herbacious mostly, with some rose. After about two weeks of having the bottle stare at me in the morning I decided to try this on. It's rose definatly, but it is also ash, like when you put out a candle and you get some ash on your fingers, its like that but with white roses everywhere. (i do get the tiniest hint of mintiness/verbena/Something! in this as well) I really could see myself not only wearing this but using it in rituals. Trying Venus makes me want to invest in the other celestials as well simply because they are so different and interesting. This is very light and pretty .

Valentine's Day struck me as the perfect day to try out Venus; may She smile on my love-magick today!

Have I mentioned in the last 5 minutes how much I love Beth's roses? This is a "green" rose, moreso even than Rose Red. Smells like rose blended with the herbal greenery from La Belle Dame Sans Merci. A faint touch of cool mint appears after a moment. Not really very sweet...more the scent of a calm Goddess, serene in her own beauty, with fresh mint and other herbs tucked into her leafy diadem. Perfect for ritual use.

:P

On me, Venus is a rose that's about to bloom--more on the green side than pink. I couldn't detect any other notes besides rose. While it's not as overpowering as the other rose blends I've tried, it has tremendous staying power. I dabbed some on at 10am, and now it's nearly 11pm and there is still a faint trace of the goddess on me. I felt very sophisticated wearing it, and it goes in my top five of perfume I would wear for those "I am woman hear me roar" days.

This is the first time I tried one of the Celestial blends and I am so happy I did! Wet this is roses with maybe a hint of citrus and also mint. When first on this is rose and soft mint, delicate and very feminine. It also has a mossy, wet note like dew- maybe this is moonflower? This develops into a full bodied rose- most definitely a pink rose. I also think there's a hint of violet in here too. This is a stunning herbal and rose blend on me! I really get a sense of feminine power from this one. I have been wearing this a lot lately in hopes to bring some more love energy around me. I do feel joyful and sensual when wearing this. I adore Venus and am so glad I got a second bottle. I will continue to see how the intentions of the blend manifest for me. Thanks for bringing this back to us Beth! :P

Yes, tight, pink, virginal rosebuds. That's definitely true. But there's a poignancy in this blend that I wish I could nail down. A certain sharpness or cry or hook that really makes this a unique rose scent. An herb, maybe, citrus, possibly. I think at one point I actually smelled honey in the blend. This is not your simple, church-going virgin, if she even is a virgin. This is a woman with a secret not even her diary knows.

I say, if you love roses and want a little bit more complexity or mystery in your blend, get yourself some Venus. But then, you probably already have it. :P

On me, it's a kind of sour aquatic, with a strangely 'commercial' tone. As a personal scent, I think it's really only useful for layering.

In the bottle: Roses

On me: Roses with a hint of green herb. Not sure if it's mint, or what, but it's really pretty. And very feminine, just like the Venus principle herself.

I wore this a few nights in a row because I wanted to be able to be social and charming, not my usual INFP self. :D And it worked! I feel as if wearing it gave me a dose of confidence and sociability, and the people I met seemed to be charmed. :P

This is a beautiful Celestial (if you like roses, which I do) and works for me as a personal empowerment oil as well. One of my favorites. I'm glad I swapped for an extra bottle as well as the one I bought!

This is gorgeous! It's an insanely pink rose scent, complimented by a hint of fresh greeness. It's stronger and a bit sharper than rose blends typically are, which makes it even better. This is definitely the type of rose that makes you think of Valentine's day, weddings, and all things frilly and feminine. It is certainly appropriately representative of Venus. I love it, its beautiful and I'm so glad I bought a bottle :P

i have an imp of this and i put it on tonight, i have sniffed it before and liked it but on it is so lovely, i also smell sandalwood and herbs as well as rose, there is something else with this, that planetary element, it is not grounded and it makes me smile when i am able to smell/experience so much more than i would expect from a perfume, when it actually expands my consciousness. i hope to find a bottle of this!

In the imp: mint and rose and cucumber. wtf?

On me, wet: powdery pink rose and spearmint. it's a very green scent - there's a sappy rose-stem scent as well as the mintiness.

On me, dry: wood sap and sandalwood and newly-budded pink roses and maybe something damp and wet too. It's so green my nose almost thinks it's soapy.

Verdict: I quite like this, but I think it's too green a rose for me to wear much. I'll certainly keep this decanted imp, though.

In the bottle: Feminine. Romantic... minty and rosey (though I am drinking mint tea at the moment, so that may be affecting things... or not). Very light and airy and clean. It's a pretty scent.

On my skin: Wet, it smells vaguely like diaper wipes, it's that kind of slightly-soapy clean smell. Drying brings back the mint smell with just a bit of something floral behind it. It smells kind of rosey... but like a rose that's been dipped into Dove body wash (yes, like the commercial). It just gets increasingly soapy as time passes.

Final Thoughts: I'm sad that this one ended up so soapy smelling. All the other Celestials have been fantastic. One good thing is that I definitely smell clean... like I just got out of the shower. It's not entirely bad though... there are worse things to smell like than Dove. :P

sadly, i didn't get any minty notes from this- i was so hopeful! i did get some "green", tho...but on my skin it turned to soapy rose :P so sad, as i can really see the delicate beauty of this blend...