Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
jj_j

Venus

Blissful Love - Romance - Passion - Grace - Beauty - Joy Good Luck in Love and Money - Kindness - Affection - Artistic Inspiration and Success - Harmony - Reconciliation - Sensuosity - Charm - Elegance - Delight

This starts out beautiful pink roses and mint, with kind of a Rose Red-like stem note. The drydown is initially soapy, but if you wait the five or ten minutes necessary for this to go away, it becomes a beautiful light rose scent, like a paler Rose Red or a sweeter Rose Moon. I love this scent!

This is an interesting one. At first it's a rather sharp green scent with sweet pink rose. It goes through a *very* short soapy phase (maybe 10-15 min), then the sharpness fades and I can pick up a a bit of the mint that other reviewers mentioned, along with the rose that's a bit less sweet now and more lush. It still has a bit of the green, but it's not so strong or sharp. This reminds me of a summer rose blend as opposed to a cold, winter rose.

It's very pretty and I'm glad I was able to pick up a bottle. I think this would also make a wonderful body oil.

This one is indeed a very PINK rose. It doesn't have the voluptousness that I associate with red roses, nor the innocence of say a white rose. It has a very overall pink impression. It's sweet, and there's a certain freshness that makes me think 'watermelon'.

Sniffed: Yellow oil. Sour, heady florals. Rose! Almost a little aquatic.

Wet: Brighter, a little citrusy, and something herbal-mentholic - geranium. Still very floral. ROSE.

Dry: There is something sweet here..and creamy! Definitely a cream note, and some vanilla, a very nice vanilla. Strong Katrina van Tassel vibe.

Later: Strong powdery/soapy edge, and this never lost its sourness.

Summary: Sour white rose with creamy sugared vanilla. Also makes me think of a white rose version of Hope. Too powdery and sour for me. Good throw & longevity.

This smells just like this rose perfume that came with this doll that I had when I was a little girl. It's not that real juicy rose I'm used to from BPAL, and I was expecting a light pink rose, but this is straight "little girl's perfume." Maybe it has lotus in it or something like that...it is very sweet, and a touch watery, too. Definitely appropriate for Venus, and I'll hang onto the decant, but it's not something I would necessarily wear outside of ritual use...it's just too girly and flowery!

A new set of reviews, for now that my body chemistry has changed due to giving up sugar.

In the bottle: Spicy, fruity, sex on a marble floor. 

On me (dry): my beloved says it smells like roses and motor oil. I get more roses, but so intensely that it's almost headachy. Very slightly rotten, or otherwise corrupted, with a hint of baby powder. Unfortunately, I amp sweet florals (like rose) into rampaging slavering flower monsters, and the "sexy woman" note tends to turn baby powder on me. Sadly, I'm getting itchy nose and hurty head here. It's a shame, because the rose is really quite lovely, under the other influences.

Edited by alianthe

Gorgeous pink rose and expensive soap, but in a VERY pleasant way. Normally I'm not one for soap/rose scents, but this is soft enough that neither becomes sharp, cloying or aggressive.

Beautiful clean scent, perfect for work :)

Venus is floral, green, and aquatic. I see people saying rose and lotus, and while I'm awful at picking out notes, I can see those two being in this, which is probably why it works for me. I also get a bit of soap, but not in the bad way.

I don't usually like scents like this. Maybe it's my Libra rising pulling through for me.

I get strong florals (roses, etc.) and sunscreen from my well-aged bottle. It makes me flashback to washing my hands at the beach last time we went.

I don't like it much, but I think I know someone who will :smile: .

Edited by Anne M.

This one is from a Goblin Grab Barrel t-shirt order that I got a few years ago. It's from 2005.

In the imp: It reminds me of something, but I'm not sure what at the moment. It's feminine and floral with a somewhat watery vibe, but the florals aren't heady.

Wet: I'm getting an aquatic floral note. Then I start to get a pink rose.

Dry: The pink rose is now the dominant note, followed by some greenery, with an aquatic, white floral in the background.

Verdict: This is pleasant, and I'm glad I got a chance to try it. That said, I don't really see myself reaching for this one, as I have so many rose scents already, and I prefer sugary florals.

Edited by dementia_divine

Out of the bottle this is fresh and green. I didn't get the mint notes that I read about here, more of a grassy stem note for me.

On my skin it's nice pink rose, softer than Rose Red definitely, very feminine. I like that it isn't too sweet or heavy.

After a few hours I could barely notice it, however I didn't put a lot on...I can smell it if I really sniff my wrist and it's gone a bit powdery and a little soapy (My skin seems to turn a lot of scents soapy :( ) after 7+ hours, still rose and green though.

Of the rose scents that I've tried so far this one is a little too soft for me but it's still quite pleasant. Very girly.

Edit: I think that soapiness is actually an underlying aquatic scent and it makes more sense to me, sort of like throwing roses into a frothy early-morning sea.

Edited by highpriestess