Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

A scent that glitters with the coldest white musk; hollow, sharp, and brittle.

A challenge! I rise to the occasion to try to figure out this white musk scent!

Wet, piney, slushy, Beth's snow note (Cloister Graveyard, etc). On, definitely a strong burst of juniper, which rapidly steps a bit aside as not to be overpowering, and then maybe a hint of ozone, and then, magic, it's a less intense Nuclear Winter, it's the snowdrift of Talvikuu without reading first-forward as a pine scent, it's the snow cresting the slopes of Snow Bunny, it's Skadi's breath of cold ice without the berries... Close to Ice Queen, in terms of how it glistens.

On drydown, it adopts a very tiny smidge of that beautiful Dorian white musk sweetness, but by no means is this sugary-sweet.

The wintertime needles and plant notes behave masterfully in this and unlike things like Winter-Time (too spearminty on me) this stays smooth, close to the skin but remarkably wearable, so very pretty.

This is so much more than just a white musk single note (but it is also NOT a single note white musk), and it is perfect. DEAD. ON. Winter.

Sharp and cold. As said above it's not white musk single note, but I like it. Sharp and brittle are good descriptors, it's very wintry.

Peppermint, slushy snow, hints of pine and hints of white musk. This is definitely a cold blend. And I agree with lycanthrope that it evokes so many previous BPAL blends, and sort of blends the very multiple 'cold' aspects of Nuclear Winter, Snow Bunny, Ice Queen, Skadi, and Ice Queen. Low throw and low wearlength.

I just think that my skin likes to eat BPAL's peppermint note because it never seems to stick around for me.

Chilly, cold, minty.

Yes. This is definitely that BPAL cold note, and Cloister Graveyard was definitely the first scent that popped to mind when I sniffed it.

This is a very winter scent, cold and crisp and icy, with touches of mint and ozone. It's a little sweeter than some of the snow blends, and the mint never takes over (as it does for me with Nuclear Winter). I find some of the snow scents less wearable than others, especially if they have a heavy ozone component (which always says 'dryer sheets' on my skin), but I find this one fairly "clean." The white musk underneath the scent grounds it and rounds it out a bit on my skin, but I do tend to like white musk blends which is why I tested this one in the first place.

I actually quite like this, but I don't think I need a full bottle. But for anyone who ever wanted Single Note: Snow, this is basically it.

First whiff from the bottle smelled like a less minty Nuclear Winter. When dry, it definitely has a more sweet musk scent to it, lasts almost all day. Absolutely lovely and subtle. Not sure what note it is, but something in it smells vaguely of twinkle twinkle little bat (might just be my body chemistry).

This was gifted to me and it very quickly became a daily wear for me. : )

In the decant: A little sweetness like honey or vanilla, a chilly feeling, a hint of mint.

Wet: A little colder, a tad more minty, and a touch of white musk.

The dry-down: The underlying sweetness is all but gone, and the mint note is slowly fading. What's left is the icy ozone snow note, but it is not pure, as it's layered over that white musk note. It's like fresh snow has fallen deeply over the forest floor. There's no woodsy note nor dirt note, mind you, but the white musk note may be what the snow might smell like as it mixes with forest loam, that decaying matter that isn't quite soil yet, but is pass being just dead vegetation. I rather like it. :)

Edited by thekittenkat

Sweet snow, maybe a bit of citrus and a touch of white musk. This is quite pretty, but I'm finding that the snow blends are pretty similar, and none seem to really stand out anymore. :(

In the decant: Exactly what it says in the description: chilly white musk. This reminds me of a slushy snow note.

Wet: This is brighter and sharper on my skin than it was in the imp. Then, it becomes a lot cooler. This features a very smooth mint note, and I feel like I've encountered it in a scent before, but I can't place it.

Dry: The smooth, cool mint is fading away at this point, and I believe I'm getting lots of ozone from this now. So it's mostly ozone, white musk, and a cool, smooth mint that is diminishing over time.

Verdict: I'm always intrigued by snow blends, so I had to try this. It's not bad, but I prefer sweet, sugary snow (like in Snow White and Go to Sleep, Darlings) to the bright, slushy snow featured in many a BPAL Yule scent.