Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ren

Snow White Hair Gloss

A chilly, bright perfume: flurries of virgin snow, crisp winter wind and the faintest breath of night-blooming flowers.

Yay! This is my first BPTP hair gloss, and I'm so glad it's Snow White, my one true BPAL love.

Opening up the bottle I am hit with the Snow White I know and I love. I stopped and smiled for a moment- Snow White just kind of evokes happiness for me. This is a mist spray, not a pump or a squirt, which is good- I prefer mists.

As a hair gloss, I will definitely want to spray it on my hands first and smooth it over my hair for better, more even distribution. Spraying it directly onto my hair can cause some strands to be way oilier than others. I am really quite pleasantly surprised- this really does make my hair soft and shiny. My hair's quite long (little below tailbone length), wavy, and prone to being frizzy with stubbornly coarse ends. I don't remember the last time they felt this soft.

As far as smell goes, this is wet-out-of-the-bottle Snow White, all beautiful cold snow and a hint of florals. There also seems to be some other faint scent in there that I'm not familiar with- I don't know if it's this year's Snow White as I haven't gotten a bottle of the perfume from the Lab yet, or if it's just the hair gloss itself. I can't put my finger on it- it's a little sharp, maybe a little...earthy? Kind of...vegetable-y? My husband described it as "chemical-y." It's fading though, as the gloss settles onto my hair, leaving behind just pure Snow White.

I bought two bottles of this on blind faith and love for Snow White alone. If I can't extract a promise from Puddin' that Snow White will reappear next Yule in hair gloss form, I may have to buy more. I don't ever want to be without this. :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:

Snow White is one of my most beloved scents so I just had to get the hair gloss.

There isn't much to say except that it smells exactly like the SW perfume oil: An ethereal scent. Soft snow, light florals, and a faint almond/coconut something in the distant background.

:wub3:

Agreed with above!!
This is beautiful Snow White scent but now in my hair!!! :) A couple squirts in my hand and ran through damp hair....perfect! It is the true SW scent as I have tried in perfume form.

It goes on real soft as well....as in not overpowering at all. Also, I know we all have those one or two scents that we so want to love but our skin hates, it.....I think that if Snow White is that or you, I recommend trying the hair gloss. Beautiful, light, that slight hint of floral (which I am one where florals HATE me and vice versa).

Very glad I got a bottle of this!! :wub3:

Edited by Numanoid

This is, like Snow White, so beautiful. Lovely, feminine, but not department store perfumey. I love Snow White as a perfume, because I can wear it in situations where I don't want to smell like Ye Olde Hippie, but want something that is more than just clean.

I have to experiment what I can layer this with besides Snow White...

I adore Snow White perfume and the hair gloss is gorgeous! My only complaint is that the scent disappears...not just my nose either, but is totally glorious for the initial smell and what the hair glosses do to make my hair lovely. :-) very glad to have my bottles.

Edited by Herb Girl

Snow White hair gloss is so lovely! I also adore Snow White and being able to wear this in my hair when I wear the perfume makes for a fantastic layered scent experience.

From my review of Snow White, the perfume oil, about 10 years ago: ...Trying to describe Snow White is like trying to describe a winter flower from a fairytale---there’s just nothing to compare it to...I pick up on the buttery floral, the gentle tropical vibe, and the pastry/almondy/coconutty edge. And yet, it seems to me one of the most elusive BPAL blends I’ve tried, changing so many times on my skin that in the end I can only imagine an expansive field of untrammeled snow, broken only by pale yellow anemones. When fairies dance in the winter, this is the smell of the flower that springs up at their feet.

It's still tough to describe this scent, and it still smells like a winter flower from a fairytale. :tongue: In my hair it's a gentle scent, the kind of hair gloss that sticks close. After 8 hours, it's faint but present. I get wafts of vanilla from time to time when I turn my head. So glad to have this in my glossy arsenal.

This is Snow White! Absolutely! There's a bit of mustiness at first spray, but it disappears almost immediately and becomes the strong Snow White perfume we love! And it STAYS too. At the end of the day, I was still very well aware of the scent, very strongly. I washed my hair that night, but I bet this stuff has crazy staying power.

This is Snow White. It smells like cool almonds, coconut and white flowers. Yup.

I very much adore Snow White as atmo, several of the perfume incarnations turn into a tropical paradise but the hair gloss is more in line with the atmosphere to me. That said, I think I much prefer other HG scents and have come to associate Snow White with cool, crisp sheets as opposed to sexy hair.

I love Snow White, so I had to get at least a decant of the hair gloss. Yup, that is Snow White, crisp, clean, vanilla and a touch of winter flowers. This is more like 'fresh' Snow White, if that makes sense. My older bottles have a more strong vanilla presence and less flowers. When I started to blow dry my hair, it smelled buttery to me, but I'm betting that is because of the heat. I couldn't smell it on my hair the next day, so if I want more of a scent experience, I'll have to wear the perfume I think. It does smell quite lovely though while it lasted.

Yup, Snow White. Like LiberAmoris, I find it difficult to describe the scent. Flowers, almond, vanilla, maybe coconut... sort of. It's a soft scent, but I thought I could still smell it in my hair hours later.

Snow White is one of my favorite BPALs ever, and I was thrilled to see it in hair gloss form! Sadly though, this is the shortest lived hair gloss I've tried yet. I can smell it for the first 20 minutes or so and then it just disappears.

Just sniffing the top of the Post bottle makes me happy. Snow White was one of the first Yules that I ever ordered from the Lab; so when SW HG came along, I knew that I had to have it. :) It's lovely on my hair, w/ that cool, not bitterly cold, but yet crisp feeling. There's hints of gentle white flowers, coconut, the sweet snow note, a trace of sugar and vanilla. This is akin to what one's hair feels like after the first few snowflakes land in it in one of those gentle snowfalls, just before running back inside. :)

This smells exactly like my 2008 Snow White. It's crisp and sweet and coconutty. It's wonderful and lasts a long time. My daughter's love the heck out of it too - smelling like Mommy, and Snow White HG is a wonderful way to let them play "grown up".

Huh, I forgot I tried the original 2014 version.

Anyway, yes, very similar to the atmosphere spray - cool coconut almond crisp flowers. Delicious and cool. 

I think I do prefer this still as an atmosphere scent. I'm  sure this will find a good home.

2018 version,  fresh decant from a forumite.

To my nose, there is coconut and vanilla.  But these are overwhelmed by a strong chemical whang that smells like a soft plastic toy newly removed from its shrink-wrap.  I think that is the snow/aquatic note blended with the other notes, but it is off-putting to me.  I don't get any flowers per se, but could see that they might be a component of the plastic smell.  Not for me, but I'm not too disappointed.  I have the perfume oils and knew that I greatly prefer the Rose Red.  But how could I deprive her of her sister?

The scent doesn't last long on my hait, but the next day I could still smell it on my comb.  And it was gorgeous.  The chemical whang had completely gone and it was all beautiful fresh white flowers.  I'm hoping that the same thing will happen to the scent in the vial with aging.

3/6 stars

Oh, I love this.

Colleague: "he?... did you... did you shower or so"? - "uhm...yes, every day, as needed in this tropical country?" - "but you smell cleaner". - "ahh...uhm" - "you know, you should be doing whatever you do more often, you seem very confident somehow now"

Emotion
The scent is bright indeed; very un-evil, very "hey HERE I AM", so I oversprayed the first time I used this.

Scent

Very floral, but indeed more the night notes I am acquainted with from "Anthe"

Clean but there also is a very very thick, heavy sweet note to it...

Maybe a bit musky coconut, mixed with the lab's sweet snow note. Maybe almond.

Good aspects

Office-worthy when using 1-2 sprays (otherwise you have a cloud hanging around you, as this scent stays a whole day).

It stays a very, very long time, compared to other HGs.

Impacts my behaviour to a "strong female who can decide quickly yet socially" role. Thats good in my competitive field.

Downside:
Have to sniff my hair to a degree colleagues start wondering what I am doing. In meetings thats kind of impractical. 

I love the artwork on the label very much (also in rose red). Thanks lab/tp!

2018 version.

Edited by zazkea
added version: 2018

(2018 version.)

Smells just like the last perfume version I tried(2007, I think?). Snow, vanilla, coconut, pine, flowers, and the barest touch of almond.

This works far better on me as a hair gloss than on my skin... BUT it doesn't seem to last very long. 30 minutes later, and it's totally gone.

Very soft, fluffy coconutty snow. I get no flowers from this. But its that classic, comforting Yule scent, very snuggly.

Caveat: this is my first contact with Snow White!

How is this made?? I don't know how they've gone and made a (non-menthol) scent that actually makes my nose and airways feel chilled but here we are. I don't smell coconut or vanilla, but I get something like ylang-ylang and evergreen and sugar. The scent is pretty stable from wet to dry and sticks around for hours.Truly lovely and light; I could wear this every day and not get tired of it.

Initial Thoughts: I never tried the hair gloss before because I tried the perfume oil back in 2005 and something in it turned into sour dishwater on my skin. But over the years I've discovered that some scents with dealbreaker notes for my skin actually work nicely in my hair. (I'm looking at you, rose.) So I figured I'd try this.

In the Bottle: Sweet marshmallow and cool florals.

On Wet Hair: The florals go nasty and sharp for a moment and make me worry, but it calms down by the time I finish massaging the spray into my hair and the floral notes remain.

After Blow-Drying: The marshmallow comes out to play and softens up the floral notes.

Verdict: I am quite relieved that the hair gloss experience is nothing like my perfume oil experience. But the scent is really quiet and by the end of the day is mostly gone. Which at least makes it a good candidate for work or somewhere if I want the benefits of the gloss making my hair smooth and shiny without a stronger scent that might offend someone else.

This... weirdly smells like playdoh on me? I tried it yesterday before it had time to chill from shipping-stress, so maybe take my experience with a grain of salt. I also used it on my dry hair, so we'll see if this gets better with time and also if it smells better on wet hair!! 

So happy that I got to snag a bottle of this at Dragoncon! I hadn't tried any hair glosses when this was last being released, but since then I had picked up both Teahouse on Nakanocho hair gloss, and it does lovely things for my hair, so I wanted more options that match my collection. I have SO many things now that either contain snow white, or are scent that pair with it harmoniously, so when I saw it on the table at D*con, I couldn't resist. I applied it on on damp hair this morning to provide some extra conditioning. Thus far, it's definitely classic snow white, albeit less aggressive without my body heat and chemistry amping it like it does on the skin. Like other hair glosses, the formula is light and doesn't make my thin hair greasy, even when I don't restrict it to the ends. On the whole, very happy to have this one. I hope to snag it's sister Rose Red hair gloss someday too!