Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
stellamaris

Rose Red Hair Gloss

The perfected winter rose, dew covered and freshly cut.

So. I never could wear Rose Red as a perfume oil. There is something in it that mixes with my skin chemistry and turns bad. I lose that sweet rose top note, and am left with despair. I ordered Rose Red HG hoping that the top note would stay, and was not disappointed. I now have the perfect HG for all my rosy needs. Rose Red is beautiful, and very strong. Rose lovers, buy this, hoard it. It is lovely.

Rose Red hair gloss is everything I hoped it would be. Rose Red on my skin is a lush, dewy red rose, with a hint of something that comes across a bit like raspberry in the sillage. In my hair, it's just the same, and as on my skin, it lasts a really long time. A few sprays of the hair gloss this morning and hours and hours later it's still throwing off the most beautiful rosy scent.

In addition to being lovely in its own right, this HG will be wonderful to layer with some of my favorite rose scents. :wub2:

This is what i have been waiting for: a ROSE hairgloss! Yes, initially it smells like Rose Red with her dewy petals and greenery (which i love) but, after i blow dry, it becomes a full, lush dewy rose with no sharpness anywhere and i must have looked like a freak huffing my hair all day. I used 6 sprays on my shoulder blade length hair and the scent lasted all day and i can still smell it this morning. Folks, if you have been looking for a rose to put in your hair to layer with all the rose scents, give this a whirl...yes, even if Rose Red perfume didn't work on your skin. This is perfection and i am so thrilled to have it!

I am so glad this became a thing!

I swapped my bottle of Rose Red 2005 away because I have a lot of rose scents, and I just wasn't reaching for that one. However, hair gloss is a different story!

When I first sprayed this into my damp hair, it was like I had dived into a huge pile of rose petals. It was strong, and I smelled more red rose than greenery. The fresh, sharp quality of the rose calms down over time. Although the scent wasn't nearly as prominent by the end of the day, I was still getting wafts of the scent when I woke up the next morning.

I thought that one bottle of this would suffice, but I think I am going to need a back-up bottle. This is going to go nicely with all of my rose scents! :wub:

Love love love!

So, at first, I was slightly worried, because when I first sprayed it, it was so very green. I love the fresh/green whole rosebush aspect of Rose Red, but this seemed to be way more bush than rose. So I went a little light with my first application (2 rounds of 3 spritzes into a wet hand then worked into wet hair). But it didn't take long for the rose to start to bloom and balance out with all the thorns and leaves.

All night, I had lovely rose red scent about me, and thought I should have applied it more liberally. In the morning, little whiffs and traces barely there, but just the scent I wanted. End of the day, and it's barely there - but every once in a while I get that perfect Rose Red scent come back up. Next time, will apply it more liberally; this is definitely on the lighter side of the spectrum. (if I applied Honey the same way, it would fog bomb the bathroom, and I'd be able to smell it for 2-3 days - love the stuff, but it is potent!)

So excited to have rose-scented hair!

Contrary to other reviews, I find this much stronger than most hair glosses - my bottle is as strong as Snake Oil HG and its throw is just as impressive. I shall use it sparingly.

This scent knocked me over - not just with its strength and beauty, but its *reality.* I knew it smelled like a rose, thorns and dew and all, and I thought I understood that, but I really didn't get it until I smelled it.

In addition to all the rose scents, I think this would go well with resin scents and possibly even berry scents.

THANK YOU FOR MAKING ROSE RED A HAIR GLOSS!!

ahem...

Rose Red gloss is like walking into a gloriously healthy rose garden after a rainshower.

The rose is true and elegant.

The greenery is fresh and vibrant.

The 'dew' is soft and refreshing.

This is a fabulous accomplishment by the Lab & Post!

If you can release this every Yule, that would be phenomenal!

I've been dying for a rose hair gloss since the Post started offering hair stuffs, and I can't believe it finally happened!

This is true Rose Red: bright, crisp rose with a fair amount of green. It's not quite as long lasting as the Boo hair gloss is for me, but that's definitely ok. With as bitterly cold as it is right now, having Rose Red in my hair reminds me that summer is still a thing that will happen....eventually.

Love this to pieces!

I adore this gloss. I want a big bottle. It's perfect, crisp, and fresh, just green enough, and lasts long without being overwhelming. Like LiberAmoris, I get a hint of something a little juicy-fruity too, but not much, and it works.

I'm not too big on rose or rose blends, but every once in awhile I crave to have the scent of rose around me. Rose Red is an amazing perfume, and the gloss fulfills my desire to have rose around my face. I get the very realistic smell of roses every time I swish my hair, and I'm thinking this rose phase of mine isn't just a passing fancy. I feel feminine, pretty, and pretty much adore roses right now in the dead of winter. Very nice! This one seems to last into dry hair as well, which is a BIG bonus.

Ohhh, this is gorgeous. If this could be available every year I'd be a happy tart indeed. I love all the Lab's rose scents but Rose Red is one of my very favorites, so when I saw this I just had to order it and I am so glad I did. It smells like Rose Red, of course; it's a gorgeous cold rose with an edge of sharp green sap. I usually use five or six sprays on my hair when it's still damp from washing and the scent lasts through the next day.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: Like stellamaris, my skin does very disagreeable things to a lot of the Lab's rose notes. In my case I get green-stem to the level that it stinks like cooked collard greens. But I let Puddin' convince me that perhaps my hair would not misbehave so badly.

In the Bottle: It's the same beautiful fresh-cut rose that is the perfume.

Applying: My usual method is to spray into my damp hair or in my hands to work it in. I went for fewer sprays than normal, just in case since I wasn't going to have time to try and wash it out before work if it was disastrous. And at first the green-stem was pretty strong.

Drying: Blowdrying my hair quickly cut the strength of the scent, but I had a few more minutes of trepidation before the rose finally bloomed again.

Wearing: It has lasted all day at a very gentle level, giving a lovely pure rose aroma.

Verdict: I am very glad that this works on my hair and I can finally enjoy Rose Red in its proper courteous form rather than the greeny "HULK SMASH!" that my skin produces.

Rose red perfume oil has not worked for me in the past when I've tried it. However, Rose Red hair gloss is full of all sorts of win for me...

This smells like you are skipping through a bright and very much alive rose garden. The roses are fresh with morning dew and the petals are lush and smooth. Excellent blend of vibrant red rose petals and green leafy stems and dew. This is just amazing.

Throw is great initially, then it works it's way down to where if you huff your hair, you can still smell it. Just lovely!

Edited by TallGrrl78

I'm not superfond of Rose Red but I am pleasantly surprised with it as a hair gloss. It's the fresh dewy Rose Red, plenty of stem and a hint of apple blossom.

Very pretty, very feminine, and very work appropriate actually.

I love Rose Red oil on my skin and in a scent locket, but something about the HG blend seems super concentrated to me. While I can slather on the oil, all it takes is one spritz of HG in my hair and the scent is nearly overwhelming. I've taken to mixing a squirt with a small dollop of generic hair oil and applying them to my ends like a gel. I still get plenty of scent that lasts all day (and into the next!) without offending people sitting next to me. It is absolutely true to the RR scent, just MORE.

This is a deep, rich red rose. It smells glamorous and a little old fashioned to me, it’s the sort of thing I could imagine Marilyn Monroe spraying on in her dressing room. I can’t comment as to longevity unfortunately as sadly, my hair eats scents in a matter of hours.

(2018 version.)

Roses! Sweet, freshly cut roses. A slightly ozone note, maybe? The scent of roses after it's been raining is what it reminds me of.

The scent lingers in the hair, but isn't too strong. A really nice rose hair gloss!

Yea, this is a very nice HG; mainly because the PO was always too strong for my skin.

It is exactly that scent, but then light enough to wear it.

Its deep, thick, very clean and straight-forward red rose scent.

Its almost pleasantly annoying like peacock queen, but doesnt push that through. So its office-worthy, but:

If I spray once, it works in the office as well. If I spray >1time, I guess everybody dies from the thickness of the cloud around me.
Maybe in a tropical country this becomes very strong somehow.

It stays longly. 

In sum, its great, especially with Snow White around as well, cause I think its nice to alternately wear them.

(2018 version)

Aged HG after 2 years: I still love it and used this through an entire pandemic winter.

Edited by zazkea
ageing

Sappy green and sweet, fresh red rose. Cool-toned scent. Very good throw on this one. 

I hadn't reviewed this yet, but after almost losing my bottle in the holiday shuffle this year, I thought I'd finally talk about how much I love this gloss. 

Rose Red is pure, sweet, and very strong. It is the most realistic rose scent I've ever smelled before. It doesn't smell like roses from a florist's, which often have almost no smell. It smells like a rose in a garden, one of the antique varieties that knocks your socks off with its strength. It's so pretty! 

It goes on with a heavy dose of greenery and dew drops, but as it settles and warms up, gradually you can sense it unfolding into a true, glossy red rose smell. It's much fresher than Peacock Queen, which smells wilted in comparison (to my nose, anyway). I think one of the earlier reviews mentioned a hint of raspberry? There's definitely a bit of that as the scent settles. This scent makes my heart happy. It's so strong that I've barely used up even a sixth of my bottle, but not for lack of trying! 

I hope they release it again sometime, maybe in the 2020 season. It's become one of my signature scents. It's in my BPAL top 3.