Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
DJ Sin

Eldritch Dark Hair Gloss

Black and red musks with honey, leather, and sugared black rose.

Eldritch Dark hairgloss is close to the perfume, its smells like leather, honey and dark roses.

Its teh sex in the bottle!

I love this scent. I really do. I don't know if it is hair gloss in general, but this is the softest throw for Eldritch Dark I have in terms of items. With the hair gloss I get a wonderful blend of dark rose blooms, and black leather. The chemically feel of black leather, which I get in the bath oil, is completely gone in the hair gloss. This stays for a long time on freshly washed hair, but the musks slowly make an entrance after a couple of hours. It adds an element of playfulness to the heady scent that is already going on.

This scent has now permeated my pillowcase after a day of usage and I am so glad for it. It is, as DJ Sin just stated, sex in the bottle.

I never picked up Eldritch Dark as a perfume oil, so my first experience with the scent is the hair gloss. It's so fun! Whip-smart leather, honey, black rose, and those musks. The leather is really strong, followed by the rose and then the honeyed musks. A few sprays in my hair yesterday and it lasted all day. When I took a shower this morning, I shampooed twice to get it all out my hair—that's some serious staying power! I think it's the first gloss to last that long on me.

This layers beautifully with Psychodynamic Discharge, and I'm sure it also would play well with Whip...and of course, Eldritch Dark! It's so delightfully naughty that I might not wear it into work, but if I worked somewhere cooler, I certainly would. ;)

I have a love/Ike relationship with Eldritch Dark. The bath oil is all dark red musk on my skin, with a bit of leather, and barely a hint of rose. In the perfume, the leather becomes more prominent but stays in check by the fact that my skin amps musk, and especially amps red musk. The rose is there, but not prominent and is the rarest of roses that I can actually wear without turning soapy.

I bought the hair gloss because I simply *must* when a scent comes in the trifecta of gloss, perfume, and bath oil. On my hair, the gloss does it's magical work the same as all the others; detangling, defrizzing, scenting, and shining my long curly hair. The scent this time does an interesting thing. The leather is the most prominent, but it has melded into the black and red musks to become one. It's a sweet dark well-worn leather note, like the softest pair of gloves that have been worn for years and picked up various scents from your wrists as you wore them. The rose is in the background, and those like me who are leery of rose shouldn't be afraid of it.

This has a big throw if you top off your dry hair with a slight mist or touch it to your ends. I can really smell it wafting from my hair all day long and the scent really lasts. Beautiful.

Hate to say it, but Eldrith and I didn't get along.

This should have worked on me and I am still a bit bummed that it didn't.

*pouts*

Anyway, Red Musk and I usually get along. Honey and I are best friends and even Rose will behave herself sometimes. I adore leather so I figure I was good to go on this blend.

So wrong. :wacko2:

This time all I got was heavy black musk, huge red rose (the powdery, all up in your face kind) and no honey. The red musk was there only hiding from the black musk bully. I never got leather. :cry2:

At first impression I hated this but after wearing it in my hair it did calm down enough to be slightly pleasant, but not enough to keep it. I swapped it immediately. On dry down it’s a fairly Black Musk heavy scent with rose fleeting in and out. Much calmer at this stage.

Now I know that maybe I need to stay away from a blend if both Black Musk and Rose are present. That combination just doesn't work for me it seems.

Oh well another day another HG to try :biggrin:

I'm testing a decant of this. I already have the bath oil (well a tiny bit left!), and this seems to be more leather- heavy. Mostly I get leather and red musk/honey and I can't detect the rose at all. Overall it's just a gorgeous sexy scent and I adore it, but for some reason my hair just eats up the scent and I can only smell it for the first hour I have it on. The only component I can smell after it dries a bit is the leather. Normally I don't get along with leather, but this I love :wub: I think I need a bottle..

This is STRONG on me, two sprays and I can smell it clear through the next day. It is lovely though, both as a scent and a hair product, and truth be told I turned a lot of heads when I went out wearing it. (Although I wore Snake Oil as well, so who can tell which one was working the magic?)

The leather is most prominent, followed by the musk, which is nice since I don't often like the way musk smells on my skin. In Eldritch Dark perfume oil, on the other hand, the roses and honey rise to the top. So they're two different creatures on me, but I like them both.

This is a strong one at first! It seems a bit more leather heavy than the perfume and bath oil, though. When my hair is dry, I get little scent, but if I do a workout, I can smell it's musky, leathery, rosy goodness. I love Eldritch Dark, and am lamenting I only have half a bottle of the perfume and a little bath oil left. It is going to be hoarded!!!

i haven't tried the perfume or bath oil yet, but the hair gloss is very leather heavy with a bit of dark roses on top. Throughout the day I could smell whiffs of leather and when I washed my hair the hot water made the bathroom smell like the hair gloss as well. I do like it, but wished it was more rose heavy (i guess that's what rose red is for). This was my first time trying a hair gloss and I am fully converted!! I was using bath and massage oil for my hair (medium thickness soft asian color-treated hair), but I think I need to have a hair gloss collection now...unfortunately for my wallet.

In the perfume the notes are more balanced and I can detect them all.

For me, the HG is honey drenched leather with the tiniest bit of rose in the background.

I'm a little disappointed that I'm not getting the musks the way I do in perfume. On the other hand I do love the way the honey and leather amp...very sexy.

I was bummed at first because I had a preconceived notion of how this should smell but I also realize that it's beautiful the way it is.

Bit scary in the bottle, SO MUCH LEATHER! This is insanely strong, I haven't even been spraying it, just wiping a little onto my arm since it's so powerful. The rose peeks out a tiny bit, and the musk keeps it dark and mysterious, I get no honey at all, and the leather is always the dominating force. And it's like a rainbow of leather, new shiny leather, old battered leather, BDSM convention leather, and the latter is my overall impression, it does smell like a sex dungeon!

I don't love this as much as other people seem to, I'm glad I only have one decant, but I will be keeping it, it's got such a cool badass evil supervillain vibe that I'm sure I'll find a use for it ;)

I am so unhappy. This is all honey and dark rose. No leather, no musk. Just honey with a note of faintly powdery rose. I hope this is just like what happened with my Tree Roots, Fallen Leaves and Tomb Moss atmo, which needed a few days rest before coming into it's own, because where is my beautiful, sexy leather???

-edit-

Turns out that all that beautiful leather got all separated out in travel. I had these dark globs in the bottom, and a skin test revealed that they were the leathers and musks. With a little shaking and a little resting, I'm sure this will blend back together.

Edited by nightwing

I never smelled the perfume oil, but knew with the note descriptions that I had to have this. Sugared black roses? So strange, must try! Even smelling the capped bottle, it wafted just the itty bittiest hint of sweet, dried roses. It's almost like a rose sugar, the way that people can make candied violets and the like.

The open bottle is a big pow of leather and musk, but it's a sinous, skin-close musk. I applied to wet, thick, curly, shoulder-length hair. 5 pumps was definitely overdoing it, since the scent lingered in my tiny bathroom for the rest of the night. I didn't know how much would come out!

Today, each time I muss my hair or toss it, I get this light drift of musk/leather/sugared flowers, and the leather and musk are most prominent.

This is unnnnfff in a bottle.

I really liked the perfume version of ED, so had to grab the HG. This one is even better on me. I dont know how its happened, but the red musk seems to have completely vanished. Also, unlike many others, the leather is a minor player on me, just an added black richness. Pretty much, Eldritch smells like black musk with blackened -slightly candied- roses. Warm, balmy, and dark, with occasional wafts of the gently sweet crimson petals, almost like a black rose incense. Really, really nice.

Musk, roses, and a hint of leather. This one smells dark, womanly and in your face sexy. So yes, ultra sexy hair for you.

This HG is primarily red musk and rose on me with a bit of leather. The musk is sweet but dark and is lifted by the roses. The roses are not in your face floral. They're sugary and warm. The leather adds a bit of snap. Agree that this is extremely sensual, sultry, and intriguing. Absolutely lovely. One of my favorite HG's to date.

I started with a sample of Eldritch Dark bath oil, just a small sniffie because two of the four listed notes are typically wretched on my skin but the other two are my favorites. Well, something about the combination just WORKS for me because now I'm buying it all up in any interation. It is super sly musky rose leather sex on a stick. Also, the HG lasts and lasts, though it isn't too in-your-face either which means I can wear it to work.

All I can do is second everything everyone else has said. The rare scent that lives up to the hype for a leather-and-musk fan like me. I'll be throwing some in my hair tonight to see what kind of staying power it has, but this is incredible.