Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Silvertree

Sin Hair Gloss

Thoroughly corrupted: amber, sandalwood, black patchouli and cinnamon.

Oh, sweet, sweet, Sin. You spicy, resinous, glorious, irresistible temptress.

I thought I loved all my hair glosses equally (at least that's what I tell them), but I may have a new favorite. If you already love Sin, you might think you know what to expect. Wafts of deep golden amber winding through clouds of heady patchouli. Rich sandalwood twining lovingly around plumes of tantalizing cinnamon. This hair gloss is all that, and a little bit more. The formula is lighter and not as thick as some of the other glosses, but it is silky and made my hair incredibly soft to the touch. Every time I turn my head, I get a hint of the most warm, beautiful, seductive scent. It's utterly rapturous and I'm suddenly wondering if two bottles were enough. If there's any way this could become a GC....

Agree 100% with Silvertree, this hair gloss is the sh*t. It's Sin, in the hair. What more could a person want? I wore this the other day and went out with friends after work, everyone who hugged me mentioned how good I smelled. Definitely the Sin hair gloss. I bought two bottles and will enjoy every single drop.

This is my favorite item to come out of the lunacy poll, and I'm still so grateful to have another way to wear my beloved Sin. :wub2:

Wet, yup, this is Sin. Spicy, patch goodness. I never really get amber, from the gloss or the perfume. Dry, mild spice and a touch of patch. Hmm, another fast fader...Glad I just have a decant. Another note. Even decants last FOREVER. The only decant I ran out of was that popular luper one from a couple of years ago, and only because my daughter loved it, and used it frequently too.

So, I'm indifferent to Sin as a perfume. But as a hair gloss, I think this smells amazing. I get a ton of sandalwood, patchouli and just a hint of amber to sweeten it all up. I've come to realize that aside from Dorian, I tend to like some of the heavier-presence hair glosses.

I've restricted myself to only keeping my top three hair glosses - and while I really like this, it's not capable of dethroning my three favorites at the moment.

Overview: Hair gloss is a heavy, oily spray that quickly overwhelms my long, fine hair and makes it look and feel very greasy. I can't use this product anywhere but very sparingly on the ends of my hair, or else it makes my head look like an oil slick. I'm really careful with my hair and the products that I use on it. For a while, I was using this to fragrance the ends of my hair, but I find that it makes my hair fall out a lot, either from the high fragrance oil content, the heaviness of the oil itself, or something else. I wanted to love these and wanted them to work, because of the fragrances, but now I only use the hair gloss as a body mist on my arms and legs, not actually on my hair.

Fragrance review:

For some reason, the Sin hair gloss goes really baby powdery smelling to me, where the perfume oil does not (or, at least, the older versions of the perfume oil do not; I haven't bought a fresh bottle of Sin in years). Sweet cinnamon and powder, and the cinnamon is kind of irritating my skin. I don't smell any patchouli.

I guess I forgot to review this one! I bought two bottles when it won the lunacy poll, because I love Sin perfume. Getting it in hair gloss form was going to be a definite win for me. I can't really add to what LiborAmoris and Silvertree said. This is gorgeous Sin, and as a hair gloss it is extremely long-lasting. I even love how it makes the shower smell when I finally rinse it out of my hair. Gorgeous!

I'm so excited to have this.

One of the reasons I got into BPAL way back in the day was because I was in love with the patchouli/cinnamon combination in a Lush product (Blue Skies and Fluffy White Clouds). Someone had compared Sin to that, and I was immediately intrigued!

Pretty happy to have it in hair gloss form now. I've sprayed it on my shirt sleeve, because it's easier to stuff my face in and huff away like a crazy person. It's so sweet and spicy, but the sandalwood and patch keep it from being gourmand. It's glorious, is what it is. One of the most relaxing, yet somehow sexy, scents that I have ever smelled. I will wear this a lot this fall/winter, with matching perfume. And I will be happy.