Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Mellifluous

Vanilla-Based Chaos Theory

I got one of the vanilla-based Scapula Chaos' from the kickstarter, and figured this was the place to review?

Its vanilla, and maybe a touch of myrrh? There's something soft and nuzzly in there. Its kind of cool, but a bit rich as well. Maybe a touch of chamomile? IDK, it reminds me of blue tansy.. but with a little extra warmth and heft. Not quite as herbal/floral. Very pretty and soft, but persistent :smilenod:

2nd day of testing this.. and I think some lavender and tonka have developed? very subtle, but I keep getting whiffs of those. Beautiful!

Edited by Mellifluous

I got one as well, I got the very sticky sweet vanilla note, it's similar to the lab's Sugar Cookie. I swear there might be some pumpkin in there. It's strong but nice.

Puddin's been knocking it out of the park with these HGs. :wub2: I got a Scapula Chaos HG because I'm a sucker for vanilla. I thought I had a good chance of getting a lovely foody vanilla. That's not at all what I got, and I was kind of disappointed. Mine is kind of Frankincensey? Reminds me a lot of the Frankincense and Clove HG, which gave me a headache. Except this one works and is really great. I'm in a weird sort of incense-loving phase, I think, because I'm really loving how 'churchy' this makes my hair smell. It may have myrrh and/or vetiver, too. I really don't get any vanilla, it's kind of along the lines of the old Tarot: Death oil. Dry, salty, like the incense from the Latin Masses of my youth.

I just received some Scapula Chaos hair gloss in a decant swap. What a fun surprise! I couldn’t wait to let it rest before I spritzed some. 
Smells like vanilla, yes, maybe cake, and spices. 
Spiced vanilla frosting. 
My partner said, “Smells like Christmas.”

It faded quickly, but a fun adventure until then!