Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gingerbread with red musk, patchouli, ylang ylang and myrrh.

Imagine a patchouli-lite Lust where the ylang ylang is candied and the red musk is sugared. Add a shot of gingerbread and that is what the dry down smells like to me. In the bottle i smelled fresh Lust and a hint of gingerbread but once on, i had to keep sniffing (puzzled) because it doesn't smell like Lust to me...it smells gorgeous - perfumey gingerbread - but it doesn't smell like my beloved Lust. Huh. I cannot wait to see what some age does here, this should be some ride.

Musky gingerbread with a touch of myrrh. I think there's a teensy bit of patchouli. Actually the musk, myrrh and patch emphasize the vanilla aspect of the gingerbread. After about an hour, I get a touch of the ylang ylang. This one is a fairly sexy Gingerbread. It's like realizing that the girl wearing that goofy Santa Claus outfit at a party is seriously smoking hot. Or two Gingerbread cookies getting it on. You get the picture.

Good throw, and good wearlength.

Musky, sexy, gingerbread.

I have to admit that I have not yet tried the GC Lust but man oh man am I in love with Gingerbread Lust! I was hesitant at first because Patchouli and I have somewhat of a fickle relationship (sometimes my skin really does not like it). In Gingerbread Lust the patchouli is not overpowering and blends nicely with the other notes. Ordered a decant and ended up getting a bottle because I loved it so much. I agree with the above review, it's musky, sexy gingerbread!

I haven't tried Lust itself, but this Gingerbread Lust is definitely yummy. I've tried almost all of the Yule gingerbread scents now and this is definitely one of the better ones, I think my second favorite next to Gingerbread Sin which was insta-love.

This actually isn't as much of a "sexy" scent as I thought it would be, it's more just warm and comforting. The spice is very mellow.

I love Lust, and I keeo meaning to buy a full bottle. This is the gingerbread spices at first. Dries to a cinnamon heavy gingerbread. Theres a bitbof musk and slight floral. I must have issues with cinnamon though, as my eyes and hands are burning. This ones just a bit too spicy....

Cinnamony gingerbread with an undertone of Lust's perfumey ylang ylang muskiness, like someone dropped a spice cookie into a sharp perfume. I don't really get the red musk, patch or myrrh, but the cinnamon is overpowering in most of the Gingerbread scents on my skin.