Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gingerbread with red musk, lemon peel, sugar cane, cassia, white sandalwood, mango, and agarwood.

In the bottle: It's lovely, and sort of bready with fruits. I feel like they either blend really well, making it hard to distinguish individual scents; or I am not knowledgable enough on what they should smell like.

Wet: Gingerbread comes out. Maybe a bit of the red musk. Mango pops through occasionally. Gingerbread fades quickly, and I amp the musk.
Dry: Sandalwood and musk play in the foreground. Gingerbread has mostly faded. Husband describes it as: it's more a perfume smell, less of a foodie smell. It's ever so slightly fruity. Definitely a more modest scent, not a lot of throw.

I can't remember if I've tried Dodo by itself or not, and red musk is iffy on me until it's aged, so I'm a little wary.

In the imp and wet, this is really... strange. A touch fruity, gingerbread in there, some sweetness. Strange in a good way, as I'd kind of expect of Dodo. The red musk is playing nice so far, and not turning into a rubbery disaster, and it's almost like a gingerbread cookie dipped in some sort of fruity drink. I'm getting the cassia in the back adding some heat to the gingerbread, which I really like. Every so often I get a whiff of green mango, I think - sweet and very tart. It's almost like a tropical Christmas gingerbread spice mashup. But really good!

I could imagine if I was spending Christmas somewhere warm, this would be appropriate to wear - the bit of gingerbread Christmassy scent, but not too heavy or hot smelling for warm weather. I like this more than I'd expected.

I think Gingerbread Dodo is basically Christmas at a tiki bar. I may need a bottle of this.

Gingerbread, mango, sugar cane and cassia. This one is a fruity, Gingerbread. Take Gingerbread and take it on a tropical paradise cruise. This is what it would smell like. Like it's spent the entire time drinking tropical fruity drinks. Good throw, good wear length.

Fruity, sugary, gingerbread.

In the imp: Odd, even a bit off-putting. For once, the spiciness of the gingerbread and the sugary-sweet fruits seem to be working at cross-purposes, instead of together, creating an odd jarring effect. I feel like there's two different levels here that should be melding, but aren't.

Wet: This started out with a big ol' blast of wtf - I was honestly unsure what to do with this scent for a good 5-10 mintues after application. There's still that element of conflict, of two things that aren't quite coming together as they should. It could be the sandalwood and oudh conflicting with the foodier scents, maybe? IDK. Luckily, however, it settles into a MUCH more manageable lemony gingerbread before too long, like someone grated a bunch of lemon zest into a batch of gingerbread dough. From afar, I still get a whiff of something that my brain interprets as nutty, but I'm fairly sure is the woods in what is otherwise a very foody blend.

Dry: Warm, sweet, red musk. The foodiness still lingers in the remnants of gingerbread that have proven unexpectedly tenacious, but this is now primarily a musk blend, which is much more my usual speed than a straight-up foody scent.

I don't think I've tried the original Dodo scent, or I at least don't have a record of it.

In imp: definitely smell lemon, cassia, and musk. Not tons of gingerbread?

Wet on skin: Starting to get a little bit of the gingerbread, but it's still quite lemony and fresh. I definitely smell some of the sandalwood starting to come through as well.

Dry: There are obviously lots of different notes in here and I keep thinking I catch whiffs of different things, but then can't quite identify them. The lemon does stay pretty constant, but it's not your typical citrus: it's more like a mellow lemon oil, though it is nice and bright. I think I'm getting a little of the mango as well. But then it's also spicy and woodsy?? A very odd combination, but all the different notes somehow blend really well and it works.

Curious to try Dodo itself now!

Spices, cookies and red musk at first. It is reminding me of The Soldier at this point. Then its pretty much spices of the gingerbread variety. Cinnamon, ginger, maybe nutmeg. No more red musk or cookies, it is being drowned out by the SPICES. This is very much like other gingerbread scents the lab puts out. I must say that there is some kind of fruit here too, but its mostly spice.

In the bottle, this is a strange, tropical fruit gingerbread. In the drydown, this quickly turns into nothing but a cinnamon & cassia fest on my skin. All spice, all the time. Like red hots cinnamon candies. Sharp and gives me a headache.