Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Gingerbread with olibanum, Oman myrrh, Damascus rose resin, and cassia.

Gingerbread Cathedral! Just as it says on the tin, my friends.

Cathedral is so good (another nostalgic fave from my early BPAL-addiction days), and the gingerbread here drives the churchy incense back to earth in the best way possible. Wet, it smells like a peppery, gingery Cathedral. But dry, this is gingerbready incense, with all the in-the-body notions of satiation and hunger (and maybe even gluttony!) up against the rising-toward-the-Godhead resins I associate with mass. It's perfect for this time of year, as it puts together both the secular and divine. Definitely a keeper, and I suspect this will age very well.

OMFG. I can't with this scent, guys and gals. I CAN'T. It is just that friggin' good. It's Cathedral made sweeter with gingerbread spices. Simple, yes, but gorgeous all the same.

I selected this scent with some trepidation, as the Lab's ginger note always goes to eleven on my skin. It does get a little more potent on me than I suspect it was intended to, but even so, this is a magnificent blend. Incense and gingerbread, it turns out, go very well together, the spicy sweetness bringing the yearning of incense a little more down to earth. Both voices in this duet are well-matched, neither overpowering the other.

Quite a bit of throw, but didn't last all day on me.

Gingerbread Cathedral was a bit odd to me. I got whiffs of gingerbread, and a slight rosiness, but I seem to be amping the cassia with a touch of myrrh. It wasn't that incensey to me. It was mainly, well, a cassia-centric gingerbread cookie with some weird rosiness to it.

Cassia, gingerbread, vaguely Catholic.

In the imp: Gingerbread with a touch of rosy incense.

Wet on skin: The rose and the incense comes further out of the shadows on my skin.

Dried down: Honestly, the gingerbread and incense just blend so nicely together. It's like there's incense in the gingerbread! Actually, maybe this is what gingerbread would be like if it was made with thirtham instead of regular water in the mix.

Throw: Absolutely gorgeous. I get little wafts of gingerbread spice, rose, and incense, one after the other, and sometimes combined. It's just beautiful!

Verdict: ***** Another one for a bottle or two?

gingerbread cathedral... omg. so so so good. it's perfect.

i have this little gingerbread house incense burner that i bought at the chicago christkindlmarket and obviously it's made of wood and doesn't smell like gingerbread (except when i burn gingerbread incense in it!) but this reminds me of that. the sweet, spicy gingerbread mixed with the churchy incense and resin notes is so perfect. i love it so much and i wish i had bought a second bottle!

great throw, but i wish it lasted longer. if i had more, i would totally try this in my oil burner as a perfect holiday room scent.

I don't get incense from this, and I love bpal's incense-and-cake type blends. I love regular Cathedral too. But this just smells like cinnamon & cassia with hints of lemony ginger and rose perfume on my skin, drying down to nothing but cassia & cinnamon. Too much spice for me.

Regular Cathedral smells like cedar chips on me, but I thought Gingerbread Cathedral might be nice, and I was not wrong. I really enjoy the gingerbread note in general, and it's really nice with the cedar my skin turns Cathedral into. Very holiday in spirit. The gingerbread lasts only a couple hours on me, and then it's back to all cedar.