Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

In examining and reporting these cases the witnesses averred that certain people, whom they called “materializing mediums,” had the strange physical gift that they could put forth from their bodies a viscous, gelatinous substance which appeared to differ from every known form of matter in that it could solidify and be used for material purposes, and yet could be reabsorbed, leaving absolutely no trace even upon the clothes which it had traversed in leaving the body.

This substance was actually touched by some enterprising investigators, who reported that it was elastic and appeared to be sensitive, as though it was really an organic extrusion from the medium's body.

—Arthur Conan Doyle, 1930

A luminous, viscid blend of white amber, lemongrass, white oakmoss, and davana.

This is everything I hoped for. I'm not the world's biggest fan of lemongrass but I knew Beth would do something beautiful with it, something magical to take the harsh edge away, and that's exactly what she's done. This is a bright, juicy lemongrass that is tempered by the white amber. It has a sharpness when wet that completely disappears on the drydown. When dry and settled on my skin, it turns into an ethereal citrus that is uplifting and moreish. I adore this.

On wet application - it almost smells cold. Kind of smells like fresh lemon italian ice. There is a powdery feel to it.

As it starts to dry it warms up a bit and that initial blast of coldness goes away. It becomes very bright and sunny, sweet but not tart. The oakmoss and davana add an herbal sweetness to it. They balance nicely. Not sure I've ever tried white amber before. I think it just adds a slight clean muskiness to it and gives it some depth. It's not heavy at all.

Very clean, bright, lemony and refreshing. Would be wonderful to wear in the summer.

ETA - After a couple of hours wear - this scent just gets better and better. I think the amber comes out more and all the notes just mesh together and turn into pure awesomeness on my skin. Getting a bottle of this one for sure.

Edited by TallGrrl78

the initial wet stage is bright and what i hoped june gloom would smell like. It quickly morphedinto a lemon pledge like scent and scared me.. I almost washed it off, but it quickly started the middle dry down stage and the sharpness of the lemon grass is tempered and the amber starts to peak through.

ETA: i washed it off. maybe I'm just not in the mood for lemongrass, but its way too strong for me.

ETAA: Despite washing it off, its all I can smell... it's certainly more ambery, but its still overpowering.

Edited by velvet

Clean, bright, and juicy lemon when wet. Dried...the davana really comes through with the lemon and I can smell no white amber. I think I need this bottle but it will have to be aged. This is good stuff...just needs some time on it.

A lovely fresh lemon scent with an air of coolness. It's like I stepped out into the frosty morning air, holding an armful of lemons. Alas, as this scent fades, so too does the lovely citrus scent ... it's replaced by a slightly dusty floral, which I think is the davana. Yup ... I up "davana" and one of the sites said it could smell like a "masculine floral", which is pretty much what I've got here. Wonderful till about 3 hours, then it becomes a musty floral party.

In bottle: Lemongrass dominant with strong davana support and lighter oakmoss support. The white amber softens the sharpness of the dominant coalition a scootch. Wet: Mostly lemongrass with some davana and a kiss of amber and oakmoss. This is too much for me, to bright and sharp and lemony on my skin, but likely would ride better on someone younger. Dry: Mostly Amber and oakmoss.

Wow, I'm in ecstatic love with Ectoplasm! :wub2:

in the imp: bright, bright lemongrass softened by davana. Gorgeous.

on the skin: If it is possible, this has gotten even brighter and borders on lemon pledge,

but not to worry, it melts into the skin and warms immediately. The white amber sort of glows.

This feels like the perfect perfume to wear on a windy summer day kite-flying. Sounds silly

but it really does! I need a bottle.

Lemongrass, hints of davana, and amber. This goes from a citrusy amber blend to a citrusy amber soap on the drydown. Average throw, average wear length.

Cool, crisp, soapy.

Very fresh, musky, a bit of a citrus vibe, but mostly a clear, clean white musk. This may be a cousin to Embalming Fluid, a MALE cousin, which means I can't wear it:( It is quite lovely though, and I'd like to smell it on an elf like male. Legolas?? :)

Invigorating and clean, like a really good quality soap.

As for notes, I get tart lemongrass combined with sweet amber.

Oddly addictive, I can't stop sniffing it!

I really, really wanted this to work on me, because I love the idea of wearing the scent of ectoplasm.

Unfortunately, it smells like lemon candies and apple, and then lemon soap, on me, and that's pretty much the whole story. Alas. Someone else will enjoy this.

Edited by radiantfracture

On the wand, Ectoplasm is brightly lemony and medicinal enough to be a gleaming yellow cough syrup.

On my skin... it's the same. I get a hint of the pale amber that I smelled in the prototype, but this is mostly lemon medicine.

Later, it turns toward lemon dish suds on my skin, but it wasn't that way immediately, as the prototype was that I tried.

The only note that I can pick out from this is the lemongrass. It's bright, slightly sweet, and herbal. It smells like a simple aromatherapy blend. Zingy and lemony.

Mine is from the 2018 Yule collection. It smells like fresh, clean laundry that has been drying all day in the sun. It's lovely, bright, and clean. I don't get a lot of lemongrass, it kind of hangs in the back giving the bright notes. Mostly I get the amber and davana, making this a musky white floral -with hints of brightness-on me. It almost goes powdery, but the lemongrass keeps that in check. I definitely enjoy this, but it's more of a summer scent.

This reminds me of Embalming Fluid, and I'm guessing, if EF works for you, this will too.  They both have a clean, lemony edge with a bright musk. 

Neither scents work well for me, but I like this one better.  Soft, wispy lemon that teeters on the edge of soapy . 

Was recently frimped a decant of this -- not sure which year I have! In the decant, I mostly get bright lemongrass. As it wears, the amber comes out and tempers the scent -- after drydown, the oakmoss also amps up more, giving a mossy, herbal, green counterpoint to the lemongrass. If anything, several hours in, I'd call this oakmoss with a lemony edge to it. Fortunately, I like oakmoss, so that works for me. I can see myself reaching for this more often as the weather warms up. (As a side note, I love the bright greenish-yellow color of the oil -- matches the name.)