Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Yuletide

Ripe, bursting, blood red holly berries pricked by sharp, waxy holly leaves.

This is for the 2014 version...

In Decant: Smells so good....a perfect soft blend of holly berries and leaves.

On Skin: Smells the same, and get that wax holly leaf scent....kind of "chap stick" like, but that fades right away!

Drydown: This is such a wonderful Christmas blend!!! If you are like me and have been wanting to find a nice holly berry type scent, but most seems to turn to cat urine on you (anything pine type does that) then do not worry!

To me, this is a softer version of the 2005 one, but maybe that has to do with it being newer. I might have to get a bottle of this stuff!!!!

In the bottle, a hint of minty menthol or eucalyptus, spice, and holly berries.

On my skin, I get clove and holly! Not a lot of throw, wears close to my skin, and smells like a sweet Christmas centerpiece that doesn't contain pine or fir greenery. I don't get any waxen leaves from this, and I think it's a very wearable holiday scent that you can wear around people without overpowering them. Perfect for office Christmas parties where you want to smell festive and pretty!

Smells like the best festive holiday candle yet! I smell cranberry, cider(?!) and greenery and a touch of spice. This is what i expected Samhain to resemble so i love this! This is going to layer so well with the new Fear of Christmas Trees, Snow White and a few others.

Oh, and a little goes a LONG way ;-)

Edited by Herb Girl

Yuletide is straightforward. It’s just what it says: holly leaves and red, spicy holly berries. There is a faint suggestion of actual spice, such as cinnamon, but no more than a suggestion.

This is very evocative. It does smell exactly like a holly wreath, and makes me think of Christmas, though I first tested it on a gray mid-January day.

I agree that this is candle-like, though it’s a very high-end luxury candle.

This fades down to almost nothing on the back of my hand, though it lasts longer on my arm.

This is for the 2014 version.

In the decant: Sweet red holly berries, juicy and fresh.

Wet: Now the berries are growing a little tart.

The dry-down: Tart berries with a hint of sweetness. No leaves, waxy or sharp, in sight. This is rather a morpher, but I'll keep the decant. :) There's a couple of hollies amongst the hedging at the bf's house.

This is just the most beautiful Holiday wreath smell ever. It does smell a little like a candle on my skin too. Spice, holly, evergreen etc..... Basically everything one loves about Christmas is in here. I personally would like this as a room spray over a perfume but it still works good on my skin. Evocative and festive. I will wear this when the Holiday's return.

Very much a Christmas blend to be sure. Deep, dark red berries is pretty much what I'm getting here. To me, it is more like a room scent, but it is still nice to try.

How have I not tested this sooner?! It smells just like Christmas! Spicy berries are the dominant note but I can also definitely smell wax and wood and touches of evergreen. :wub2: I think I'm going to be wearing this a lot over the next two weeks!

I tested Yuletide 2014 without checking the notes, and they wouldn't have helped because despite having a big holly hedge in my front yard, I really don't know what holly berries smell like. I thought I was smelling cranberries, with some evergreen around the edges. Too fruity for me! Not much throw (which is normal for me) and my skin ate it up within about three hours. I do agree it would make a lovely candle scent.

Super juicy holly berries, waxy snapped holly leaves, and some sort of evergreen, though that may be an illusion. Before I checked the notes I caught a hint of cinnamon. The ultimate holiday candle scent.