Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Inspired by Southern Conjure, this imp was crafted with herbs and flowers that are traditionally used to stimulate a burst of good fortune and a shower of prosperity. Let's keep passing tokens of shining luck and good cheer forward! Lift each other up, and brighten our futures together!

In the imp - Is that rosemary I smell?

Wet - Well hello, lemon. This is an herbal citrus scent on me. I can't smell any of the herbs individually because they're all soaked in lemon. It's a little Pledge-like, but not in a bad way.

Drydown - The citrus has dried out a bit, and now my whole arm smells like thick, juicy lemon squares. It's activating my sweet tooth. And there's juuuust a touch of herbal in the background. Not really enough to notice, but perfect for cutting through the sweet-sharp of the lemon and making it a wearable blend. It gets dirtier/earthier a couple hours in.

Verdict - I tend to amp lemon. Someone who doesn't might have more success with this oil. I'm really glad I tested it in the morning; this is definitely a daytime scent. While I found it perfectly pleasant, I won't be trying to track down more. That's probably for the best since Seven Herbs Charm was a one-off.

Lemongrass! I amp lemongrass to the sky, so I can't smell anything else at all in here. There are definitely other herbs as I get a green herbal undertone to this. Not a winner for me.

Whoa, yup, lemongrass. Something somehow sugary here too. (Why am I reviewing an herbal scent with no listed notes, I have no hope of cracking this case.) It doesn't really develop anywhere from lemon onward. Like most of the Conjure scents, it smells nice but not so nice that you'd wear it just for the scent, you know? If I'm going to wear a lemon-candy smell it had better be a great segulah for parnossah, as the Orthodox say.

Oohhh this is so lovely! Bright, beautiful lemongrass .....with sugar underneath as well as a lovely herbal something.....I love the balance of this. It's both beautiful and feels gently, flowingly powerful.....in a gentle happy way.

This is so uplifting! Wow.....I adore it and I wish a full bottle could be had. <3

Wow, this is lemon! It smells like fresh lemon slices. In pretty sure it is actually lemongrass, but it is strong.

On dry down, it mellows a little. It smells like lemon bars (the desert). There are some herbs in the background, rounding this out.

I had expected not to like this, after reading the other reviews, but I'm pleasantly surprised. I didn't think I liked citrus, but this will have me trying other citrusy scents.

My husband also tried this. It smells like lemon pledge on him. It's very bad

In the imp: It's hilarious that this is based around a good-luck charm, because I knocked it over twice while I was sniffing it. XD Anyway, it's a very strong lemon scent. A touch of sweetness to keep it out of Pledge territory, and a bare whisper of other herbs in the background (although these took some determined sniffing to discover).

Wet: I'm getting hard lemon candy rather than lemon bars - say, Lemonheads. I can't tell whether this is because I spilled it twice and thus applied more than usual, or on its own merit, but this has some decent throw to it. The herbal notes come out more and more over time, as does a sort of vanilla scent.

Dry: OK, now I'm starting to see where all the lemon bar comparisons are coming from. It still isn't straight baked goods to my nose, but the sweet vanilla edge is getting stronger, thus edging the whole shebang into foodier territory. The vanilla even becomes the dominant note after a few hours, although it eventually gives was to a sort of generalized herbaceous scent, where it stays until it fades completely after ~ 6 hours.

I made sure to order on Black Friday because I wanted Seven Herbs Charm for its magical properties. What I didn't expect was to also really like the scent, especially after the reviews started coming in and saying "lemon." I figured, shrug, I'll anoint my money with it or something. Instead, this blend dragged me kicking and screaming into liking it while I flailed around shouting "But I don't even LIKE lemon!"

It starts out with a lot of lemon scent and something creamy and sweet underneath, which turns out to be vanilla, but isn't really evident as such yet. I kind of get the lemon bar association, but it also makes me think of a really nice creamy lemon soap, and also I think I had a doll that smelled like this as a kid. Maybe I had the lemon Strawberry Shortcake doll? I don't remember, but this is really comforting and nostalgic in a way that lemon often isn't on me.

Over the hours it shifts from LEMON and vanilla toward VANILLA and lemon, and if anything, it's even nicer in its later mostly-vanilla stage. It kind of smells like half of Dorian. So if you like Dorian, you'll probably like it, but if you have Dorian already, you probably don't need to go on a mad hunt for Seven Herbs Charm now that it's passed.

I probably smell like dolls.

(I don't really mind.)

I also got some killer deals at the grocery store while wearing it. I'll definitely get this one out when I need a burst of luck or prosperity mojo.

I got this from my Black Friday order. I didn't even read the scent description, except to make sure that there was no oak in it, and bought it with the hope that it would do some good for me. So far, so good.

Scent wise, this was noticeable even before I opened my order. It was a warm scent that permeated the box, even with the imp closed securely. Once I sniffed it, I realised immediately which scent had brought about the smile to me when I opened the box. I waited until today, New Year's Eve, to use it. On my skin, I'm getting lemongrass. A strong lemongrass that is sparkly, no less. As it dries, I got almost a cookie scent with it. It reminded me, at that moment, of Lemon Scented Sticky Bat. Then, it dried and I got a mix of herbs like I'm in my garden in the summer and the sun is beating on them, letting them release their scents. Of course, the lemongrass is still there in front. When I sniff my skin, it becomes MUCH more of the herbs than lemon.

And, I even had some good luck from it. I was out walking to get some supplies and got a ride to the store from an old friend's older brother, who I hadn't seen in years. Saved me a couple hours in the cold here and was nice to catch up with him.

Waited til New Years to try this out. Very, very lemony (I get the fruit, not lemon grass), but after 30 minutes that is backing down to a softer lemon and some herbal notes. Pleasant after 30 minutes and I am smiling to have a gift with good wishes from the Lab.

Lemony lemongrass, a touch of sugar, hint of rosemary.

In alot of ways this reminds me to TAL Cooling with a super powerful lemongrass smell and a magickal vibe, but this one feels "lucky" as opposed to "cool". Much more of a solar energy going on.

I'll echo the choruses of lemon, though for me, it's an herbaceous lemon, but not lemon grass, more like lemon balm with extra lemon zest on top. It's very bright and fresh and HEY LEMON but there's an herbal character to it. As it dries down, it softens some, but stays pretty much soft herbal LEMON.

I could use some good luck (anyone following my journey knows about my transfer on 1/12/15). I will mostly likely wear this then too.

MMMMm in the imp it's a soft and sweet lemon scent, with hints of trolls and MLP from my childhood. On me it's a beautiful and strong lemon scent very overpowering at first but as it dries down it softens and is herby and sweet with hints of lemon. It's gorgeous.

In the imp and on my skin, Seven Herbs Charm is definitely lemony. I agree with izile, though; lemon balm is definitely a part of it, though I also recognize the particular citronella scent of lemongrass. It's the most prominent note, and makes it rather hard to find the other herbs underneath it, though I think I get some rosemary and possibly a little sage? Really can't tell, what with the lemony zestiness all up in my face. It's good, just very lemony at the start. It does calm down after a bit, and there's more sense of herbal blend going on, but it's still very much a citrus-forward scent to me. I can't make out any specific herbal notes, just a crisp, herbaceous note that's not heavily green (which tends to disagree with me), and goes nicely with the citrus.

That said, it's pleasant, perky, and a nice little eye-opener when I'm in the mood for it. Citrus is one of those things I wear infrequently, but it's still a favorite. Seven Herbs Charm might be a little too citrus for everyday, but it's pleasant and very different from the last two Black Friday scents I've gotten, which made me very happy. I was hoping that it would be, since there were a lot of similarities between Progressus of 2013 and Economic Recovery of 2012, and I'm always more interested in getting new and different things in my frimps. This is an interesting addition to the collection, and I think I'll keep it.

in the imp and wet, comes off straight lemongrass. slowly as it dries, i get more of the other herbs. sage-y and something sweeter? and then eventually the lemon actually completely disappears and i'm left with just sharp herbs. definitely an interesting scent, though not one i wear very often at all.

Starts lemony, lemony and warm. I get a warm green floral. Then it becomes a soft floral. Not earth-shattering, but I’m more interested in the luck properties anyway.