Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Tal Shachar

The Delicate Ambrosial Dews of Heavenly Nectar

A celestial nectar redolent of honeysuckle-gilded amber with honeyed fig leaf, golden myrrh, helichrysum, and white cognac.

I made this giant bottle order in a sort of fugue state of mad spending, and I'm not sure what tipped the balance to make me order this one. Like I like all these things, but what made me so sure I needed it? I don't know. Cognac, maybe, since I don't have any good non-wine booze scents.

Wet: Fruity, sweet honey with darkness underneath it. Deep huffing does let me pick up on the cognac...the whole thing smells like a beautiful honeyed liqueur.

20 min: This is really well-blended, and delicious in exactly the way I like. Not like "hey you smell like food" but mysterious and mouth-watering, like something you never knew you wanted to eat. It's definitely a celestial-nectar scent, something that seems golden, lofty, and rare.

Sweet, fruity honeysuckle. As it dries...the fruit dries nicely but amber stays beautifully. This too will age well. I am so glad I picked up a bottle. :D

Tooth achingly sweet. I can definitely smell the floral honeysuckle. There is something fruity that must be the fig. Honestly, this is just way to sweet and floral for me. It is a little cloying and makes me feel kind of nauseous when I sniff it directly.

Smelled like honeyed fruit in the bottle. Wet on skin= honeyed nectarines! Dry down very similar to the wet phase, powdered honey and nectarines with a soft fade to benzoin powder that is somewhat like vanilla. Low to medium throw factor. Lasted about six hours and very little changes over the drydown. This is bottle worthy for me. I did not get any booze or cognac notes and I tend to amp those. I love this, it captured the idea of ambrosial nectar for me. The honey is sweet and light.

Edited by sprout

Sweet, soft and beautiful honeyed fruit with a little powdery quality from the amber or the cognac and a small trace of myrrh. The honeysuckle is so nice and uplifting in this and makes me vision Spring. Very nice (:

Edited by Haltija

Honeyed fruit. Apricots maybe? It reminds me a little bit of Thaleia, the old DCed muse scent.

This is really pretty, sweet honey and fruit. The fruit is a little tart, making me think of something like barely-ripe apricots or lychee, juicy but also a bit citrussy. I get a little amber and myrrh in the drydown, something golden and resinous.

Very well-blended, I don't really get any note super-distinctly, and very fitting for the name. It definitely smells like something that would be delicious to drink, sweet and light and golden.

I'm also getting the "honeyed stone fruits" note that seems to dominate for other folks. It does seem appropriately named -- to me this smells like what you'd imagine hummingbirds drinking, floral and juicy. Unfortunately it's far too sweet for me.

Honeysuckle, fig, and myrrh. I get honeyed fruit, with a touch of cognac and a whiff of myrrh. This one is really pretty, golden, and a sort of perfumey version of honey. It's delicate, but strong. Good throw and good wearlength.

Golden, honey, fruit.

In the imp: Sweet, like peach or nectarine.

Wet on skin: nectarine, definitely. This isn't overly sweet on me, which is nice. But it's fun and fruity.

Dried down: Definitely more of a honeysuckle now.

Throw: This has a light, pleasant throw on me. I'm a little surprised, given how many scents I'm wearing now.

Verdict: *** This is nice, but nowhere near as special as I'd like. I might seek out a bottle in the future, but for now, I'll be happy with the decant.

In the decant: Honeyed fig and fig leaf.

Wet: Lots of honey, the fig leaf, the cognac, and the honeysuckle.

The dry-down: Alas, the pesky amber is doing its powder thing, but the other notes are still hanging in there, but trying to fading away. If I keep the decant, or spring for a bottle, this will be a scent locket scent. It's lovely in the wet phase and I wish that it would have stayed that way.

Warm, heady and SWEET! Ambrosial indeed. This would be something (if it were in a flower), that hummingbirds and bees would love. It would be the ultimate flower for honey production as well. It is however, much too sweet and heady for me to wear on a regular basis. This is just fine for a test run, but no more.

Yep! Honey is predominant, with fruit right behind it. I can smell the fig. The honey is strong, and maybe a little too deep + bitter, with the fruit a little too cloying.

It's a shade more pleasant once it's dried down, and is a more mellowed, nice, powdery fig and almost, I'd say, almond...but not the lab's cherry-almond note, but what I would expect from an actual sugared almond.

Oooh, final drydown is a soft cocoa powder. :9 yum!

Edited by unxolve

At first I get honeyed peach or apricot. I guess that's the cognac because it can go fruity on my skin.

After a minute the peach disappears and I get a lovely, warm, floral. Honeysuckle. It's one of my favorite flowers and it is so perfect with the golden amber. Truly a celestial, awe-inspiring scent. So beautiful!

No fig or myrrh for me.

It fades far too soon. I wish it stayed around longer.

this is a fruity honey. smells closest to peach but not exactly, but the only thing it could be is fig i guess? this is sweet, like fruity syrupy sweet. not really what i was expecting at all, and i don't think i even get any honeysuckle, it doesn't seem floral to me. it's much too fruity for me.