Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Clear water touched by a hint of honeyed pale rose, Sicilian lemon, and lily of the valley.

Wet: Bright, clear water. So bright it bowls me over--not a quiet water scent at all. A sharp aquatic with white florals, the lemon and honey absent for now.

Drydown: The lemon is not very, uh, lemony and more of a clean, cologne-like bitterness.

10 min: Rose, yes. Honeyed rose? LIES.

30 min: Okay, sure, yes, I do get the honey now, but it's very quiet. This stays pretty much as a clean aquatic with floral notes, not unlike Ogygia. Like a lot of aquatics, this is pretty unisex. I like this but I'm not sure it differentiates itself enough from other aquatic BPALs, except in that very striking wet phase, when it does seem exceptionally cool and refreshing, like a mythological fountain. The gentleness of the honey emerges late and it becomes more of a roses-and-seawater scent.

I will preface this by saying I'm not a fan of aquatics. But I wanted to try it out anyway cause I'll try pretty much anything that has rose in it.

This is strongly aquatic on me. The water note dominates on my skin. It's a bright clean scent - almost a bit like dryer sheets or linens being dried in the sun. I am getting a floral note to this but it's subtle and I can't really pick out what it is. Sunny soapy clean laundry smelling.

I was really hoping for a more refined, subtle version of Delirium from this, with the rose and lemon. Sadly, this was not to be with my skin chemistry.

The florals and the aquatic notes combine to turn into very elegantly scented dryer sheets. I get almost nothing of the lemon, and while it's not a bad smell, it's one I would much rather have on my laundry than my skin.

I don't know how to describe this and probably shouldn't write a review but this is fabulous and has become a new favorite. I don't understand: i don't like BPALs lily of the valley or honeyed anything and i don't smell any of the listed notes. All i know is that i adore this perfume and hope my decant isn't a fluke!

ETA that the decant wasn't a fluke, my bottles smell amazing too :-)

Edited by Herb Girl

Aquatic perfumey rose and a whiff of lilies. You definitely get the watery element overlay over the rose. Its delicate, feminine, and fresh. Unfortunately on the dry down, it goes all soapy on me. Good throw, decent wearlength.

Water, rose, delicate.

I LOVE BPAL's aquatic note. Dragon's Tears, Plovers Under the Waves, Mermaid - it always seems to work on me and make me happy.

In the imp: Bright, bright, rose water.

Wet on skin: Rose water with an undertone of lemon. This is still very beautiful.

Dried down: This is still lovely, but going a bit soapy on my skin.

Throw: While soapy on my skin, the throw is still that gorgeous rosy aquatic.

Verdict: **** I might pick up a bottle of this in the future, if I find it at a good price. In the meantime, though, I think I'll be happy with my other aquatics, and something rosy. The soapiness on drydown throws me off a bit, even if it's only when I sniff my skin.

In the decant: Sweet (from the honey) water with a squeezed lemon being dripped into it.

Wet: More lemon in the cool water now.

The dry-down:Still very much a cool aquatic, but with less lemon and now a touch of the lily of the valley and the pale rose. I don't have a fave aquatic, but this could be a nice and light and refreshing spring/summer scent, as long as the lemon note stays deep in the mix.

I love this, for me it is the lab's lovely aquatic note with rose and lily of the valley. The florals are dominant in the dry-down faze. For me it is very similar to Sea of Glass, only with more flowers and less citrus. I will definitely keep the decant. I'm not sure if it is a bottle purchase or not.

I agree with the above poster. I get sea of glass without the lemon & more floral. I was hoping for a little more lemon, but was relieved when I got no honey.

I will say that this has been the absolute longest lasting bpal on my skin. It has been the only one that has lasted an entire day on me. I'm still deciding if I love it or if I'm going to trade my bottle...

I agree with the comparison to Sea of Glass. Sea of Glass is quieter, more gentle, but similar in tone. The aquatic notes in this are stronger for me, and I think the lily is the strongest floral. I don't get a strong lemon scent, and while there's a sweetness, I probably wouldn't identify it as honey if I wasn't told it was present. After it warms up on the skin, the rose joins the lily. Basically this stays a very clear, strong, predominantly aquatic with heavy lily and other florals. On me, this is one aquatic that reads as distinctly feminine... many seem unisex on my skin but I think the florals keep this one in traditional feminine territory.

Thanks to moonarcana, I got to sniff a few of these today, and actually tried 3 on my skin. This was my favorite!

The other 2 people there thought it was too soapy. I actually thought it was not quite as soapy as I expected. It's very clean and somewhat like a bath product, but the lemon is rather juicy and I think the 'clear water' part is very much to my liking. To be honest I was afraid of the rose and lily, but I needn't have worried - everything is nicely balanced and I really couldn't pick out the florals. It did turn rather powdery but I pretty much expected that. I would actually wear this on days I wanted to feel clean and fresh.

Wow - a lily scent I can wear! You just never know!

It started out really nice- almost all lily of the valley on me and then some rose, although it was a paler rose than I'm used to. Unfortunately it went powdery on me once it dried :/