Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Sign in to follow this  
Minh Scent

What does "going live" mean?

I did use the search function, so apologies if this has been answered.

On the announcements, I see statements such as "Lilith series live until December 8"...or "X goes live on ...". Does this mean that when they are no longer live, they cannot be purchased and I need to get on it quick?

In the same light does "Out of Stock" mean gone forever for limited additions, but return for the general catalogue when the scents come in?

Thank you for your patience, as I know these are elementary questions.

Generally, it's the time it is available for.

In this case, "Lilith series live until December 8" means "Lilith series available until December 8".

"X goes live on" is "X becomes available on".

It refers to a scent series' tenure on the website. Thus, if an announcement says the Lab Liliths are live until December 8th, that means they will be available for purchase on the website until December 8th (as long as there are no component issues...). When a scent is no longer live, it means it is not available for purchase anymore.

Out of stock does mean gone forever as far as limited editions are concerned (except when the Lab says there will be a restock -- for instance, Question Mark from the Metamorphosis series went out of stock fairly quickly, but the Lab was able to restock that one).

When a general catalog scent is marked out of stock, it means that it is temporarily out of stock and will return, unless it is also tagged "In Memoriam," in which case it has been discontinued (in other words, it's gone for good).

Edited by dementia_divine

Saffrin and Dementia Divine,

Thank you both for your helpful replies.

So, indeed, get on it if it is going to "no longer live". I did notice that Question Mark was restocked, but I guess one should not rely on the fact that things will be restocked during the "live" period; it must be dependent on available sources.

Are all old scents on "In Memoriam"? The Lilith descriptions are so beautiful, I would hate them to fade away until nothing. However, I did notice that they only have the Halloween, Yule etc from the previous year.

Warmest scents to you both.

No, not all of the old scents can be found in the "In Memoriam" section of the website. The website is fairly new (it went live last November), so there are many scents from previous updates that cannot be found in the "In Memoriam" section of the website. However, there is a section for discontinued scents in the reviews section of this forum, and you can also search for old limited edition scents in the reviews section of this forum as well. The Lilith scents that are currently available for purchase on the website will definitely be moved to the "In Memoriam" section when they are no longer available. :)

Indeed, we cannot always depend on a limited edition scent being restocked. Although scents are listed as available until a certain date, sometimes there is a component issue, and the Lab isn't able to make any more of the scent. This happened with a few of this year's Lupercalia scents.

Thank you, Dementia. Wow, can't believe how young the website is!

The Lab has had a website for many years, but in a different format. By "new website" it means the newly redesigned website. It has many features that the old website lacked, including a directory of notes, imp-packs set up by notes, a review section, and other handy features to make it easier to shop and enable our addiction. :biggrin:

Sign in to follow this