Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Red_Hot_Mama

Job Interview Recommendations

I say wear whatever makes you feel confident! Maybe keep in mind which ones you get the most compliments on. For me, it's Spooky. I wouldn't want to wear something too powerful like Black Opal (or Opium by YSL) because I wouldn't want to distract the interviewer or make them think I was trying too hard to look mature.

I had very good luck with Genivire this past fall. :P

Cobra Lily was another one I wore a lot, but Genivire was what I wore to the interviews for the job I eventually got.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place, I'm a newbie so let me know if it needs to be moved!

Just a question that has been in my thoughts today...

I've got some job interviews coming up over the next couple of weeks and I was wondering...what are you recommendations for interview scents?

Obviously, I don't think I'll get hired on the basis of my perfume (although that would be nice as I tend to freeze up in interviews!), I was thinking more along the lines of a good scent for boosting confidence and perhaps concentration too, to answer all those tricky interview questions!

There is a thread here: http://www.bpal.org/index.php?showtopic=8518

That is all about job interview recommendations (about 6 pages long) . A mod will probably end up merging your thread in there. :P

Most people suggest not to wear something in case your interviewer is allergic. However, if you insist on wearing some, something light and discreet is preferable. Also, it should probably be applied somewhere where only you can smell it (ie - like a little bit in your cleavage, etc).

Man, I totally forgot to post about my interviewing experiences this fall.

High John the Conqueror rocks. I usually put just a teensy bit on around my chest area so I'm the only one that can smell it.

Others: Anthelion (TAL), Horn of Plenty

That is all about job interview recommendations (about 6 pages long) . A mod will probably end up merging your thread in there. :P

Most people suggest not to wear something in case your interviewer is allergic. However, if you insist on wearing some, something light and discreet is preferable. Also, it should probably be applied somewhere where only you can smell it (ie - like a little bit in your cleavage, etc).

I was thinking perhaps something to smell beforehand to calm the nerves/boost confidence? I've got rescue rememdy, but it diesn't seemt o do much for me...

Depends. Use your comfort scent. I wear Valmont to interviews. It makes me feel confident and comfortable.

If you're looking to chill out though, I find TAL Peace to be better than Xanax.

Hi MissyJoJo - welcome to the forum!

I merged your topic with the existing job interview recommendations thread, but I thought you might also find this thread interesting - Bravery, Courage, Confidence...

Good luck with your interview!

I had my first job interview yesterday. It was a group one and I wore a little bit of Tokyo Stomp just because it's quite subtle and comforting. Seemed to have done the trick as I've been offered a second interview on my own! Yay. :P

I was thinking perhaps something to smell beforehand to calm the nerves/boost confidence? I've got rescue rememdy, but it diesn't seemt o do much for me...

Haha. For me, that is totally High John the Conqueror. It makes me into a superhero. Things just don't faze or scare me when I wear it. Maybe its a placebo effect but I don't care.

Plus, it smells grapey and I found out, I really enjoy that smell.

i pretty much always wear wolf's heart to interviews. some might find the scent unusual, but i find it very comforting and grounding, and i think it helps me make a good impression. sometimes i add a bit of high john the conqueror, too. unfortunately, my bottle smells strongly of cedar instead of light grape, so i have to use it very very sparingly, but i think it gives me a boost. whatever you wear, just don't wear too much. enough that you can smell it but that your interviewer can't (or only just a little).

I have an interview (or a series of interviews) coming up for my absolute dream job. I wear BPAL to exams and things to relax me and help me feel more confident... however you don't want to be too smelly for an interview! I'm looking for something comforting, and discreet... And since it's a conservative environment I would ask for no patchouli, too... Basically I just want something that I will get a little whiff of but no one else has to know unless they're getting very close.

What scents would you wear? I don't want anything citrusy or lemony or too green but I don't want anything super-heavy or cloying, either...something very warm and zen.

Pisces '07 is definitely my calm and collected scent (and I've gotten a number of compliments on it which is an added bonus), but as it has a pretty decent throw you would want to use a light touch.

Perhaps it's the imagery it evokes, but I find Morgause to be a very empowering scent. It's also more traditionally perfumey, so at least you wouldn't smell too "odd" in an interview.

Edited by PhantasmMysteria

I have an interview (or a series of interviews) coming up for my absolute dream job. I wear BPAL to exams and things to relax me and help me feel more confident... however you don't want to be too smelly for an interview! I'm looking for something comforting, and discreet... And since it's a conservative environment I would ask for no patchouli, too... Basically I just want something that I will get a little whiff of but no one else has to know unless they're getting very close.

What scents would you wear? I don't want anything citrusy or lemony or too green but I don't want anything super-heavy or cloying, either...something very warm and zen.

If you don't mind TALs and can get a decant before then, I suggest Charisma. If it's for your dream job, I would definitely use it. Just a little on your chakra points. It works fabulously.

I relied heavily upon Berenice for my job interview(s); it smells awesome on me, but is very subtle and non-perfumey. I got the job, too :P

How about Manhattan?

I totally agree! I have an interview coming up in a week and I'm wearing Manhattan for sure. I love it--it's really sleek and sophisticated and perfect for interviews. Plus it just makes me feel happy and confident, which is probably what's most important.

so I have a job interview at best buy's geek squad. think I'm gonna wear namaste.

I was thinking either that or szepasszony, but I also have f5, green phoenix, vinland, scherezade, blood countess, baghdad, etc. at my disposal.

pretty sure I'm doing namaste. what do you guys think?

Ria

Edited by tehriaz

I have an interview on Monday, my first Post-BPAL interview. I would really like to get this job, it's in a different area and a bit less stressful than the one I'm in. The area is also not impacted by the offshoring of work.

I've read the whole thread and don't see a lot of guy nor bank recommendations so help a guy out?? *I have read the suggestions to not wear any scents but I put BPAL on every day and can't go without for a day. The interview is at 2 and I was planning on 'topping up' around lunch time, 1pm at the latest. The interview is in the building I work in so no travel time to worry about.

The details (to help others perusing the thread later for their interviews):

--Need guy-appropriate scents

--Back office banking industry job; not directly customer facing but not managment level either. It's a bit more casual than the area I currently work in and is technically a bit of a step 'back'/'sideways' (not an advance).

I'm leaning towards something like Western Diamondback (my comfort scent) or Banded Sea Snake or Dorian as they do tend to be more subtle. I'm also possibly considering something like Krampus, Wolf Heart, Dragon Claw, Troll or Bed of Nails. I think Mechanical Phoenix would be a bit too strong for this interview. I do have a Lab Ebay package that's probably at the PO for Blood Moon but I haven't tried it yet, & a Lab package for some bottles I've got imps of below (so possibly more imps to add to the list of options?).

Thoughts? I'm steering away from the TAL blends I have as they smell a bit too 'floral' for the interview. Now, to really throw you off & to come out of the proverbial closet here, I'm a female to male transexual and have transitioned at work. HR will most likely be one of the interviewers. They will probably have read over my personel file so may know my previous female past. Which is a very strong reason to avoid female-identified scents and give as male/masculine an impression as I can. I've already pulled my 6gauge snake earings out and put some silver flesh tunnel type things in for the 'professional' look. I wear a tie to work daily already so no worries there (except which one).

My ummm.... "small" full BPAL list is here if you want to see what I've got to choose besides the ones I've narrowed down:

imps=

AEGIS

Aelophile

Al-Azif

Anthelion

Antony

Baku

Banded Sea Snake

Bastet's Laughter

Bat

Black Forest

Blessing of isis

Blood Amber

Bloodlust

Boo Bam

BRASS BALLS

Caliph's Beloved

Coyote

Death and Life Completed

Death On A Pale Horse

Debauchery

Doc Constantine

Dorian

Dracul

Dragon's Claw

Dragon's Eye

Euphony

Fascinum

Fenris Wolf

Golden Priapus

Lionheart

Lord of the Forest

Loviatar

Lunar Eclipse

Morocco

Music of Erich Zahn, The

Ochosi

PEACE

PERPETUUM BONUM

Pollution

Regan

Robotic Scarab

Satyr

Serpent's Kiss

Snake Oil *approx 4 mths aged

Somnus

STFU

Stimulating Sassafras Stimulator

Tanin'iver

The Attrocious Attic

Titus Andronicus

Troll

WHITE LIGHT

Wolf's Heart

Bilquis**haven't tried on me yet

Bottles:

Alone

Banded Sea Snake

Bed of Nails

Krampus

Lunar Eclipse

Mechanical Phoenix

Men Ringing Bell With Penises

Satyr

Snake Oil *fresh and about 9mths aged

Three Witches

TKO

Western Diamondback

Thank you and wish me luck!!! :P

From your imp list, Coyote jumped out at me. I grew up in the prairies, so I find that hot grass/skin scent very comforting and it's a very personal scent, so you don't have to worry about offending anyone else. Golden Priapus is also comforting and unusual without being overbearing. It smells nie but it doesn't smell cologne-y. I'd say the manliest scent you have on hand is Titus Andronicus, but I know on me it's pretty potent, so you might want to test it first.

I double-dog dare you to wear Caliph's Beloved :D

I wore Brass Balls when I was meeting potential landlords. To me, it smells like some sort of ethnic food, but I can't figure out what. It helped me very much...I am painfully shy and terrified of landlords. I was able to ask questions, both positive and negative, as well as make small-talk without babbling like a nervous idiot. It also helped me say no to places that were not exactly what I wanted.

I wore it where more well-endowed ladies would have cleavage.

From your list, non-TAL, I would go with Men Ringing Bells with Penises. To me, it is very clean (ha!) and indiscreet. You can also have fun making up a name to tell your interviewer should he or she ask what you are wearing!

And I just realized that your interview already happened :P

What did you wear and how did it go?

Yep, it happened yesterday. I wore Western Diamondback. I figured it is subtle enough and it's my comfort scent so it helped me to not completely stress through the day as it wafted up at me. The interview went ok. I flubbed some of the questions out of nervousness (even though I had prepared in advance). I don't think I totally bombed it but didn't completely win it either. I'll find out next week. :D

I double-dog dare you to wear Caliph's Beloved :D

I wore Brass Balls when I was meeting potential landlords. To me, it smells like some sort of ethnic food, but I can't figure out what. It helped me very much...I am painfully shy and terrified of landlords. I was able to ask questions, both positive and negative, as well as make small-talk without babbling like a nervous idiot. It also helped me say no to places that were not exactly what I wanted.

I wore it where more well-endowed ladies would have cleavage.

From your list, non-TAL, I would go with Men Ringing Bells with Penises. To me, it is very clean (ha!) and indiscreet. You can also have fun making up a name to tell your interviewer should he or she ask what you are wearing!

And I just realized that your interview already happened :P

What did you wear and how did it go?

Hi all

Have an "interview" tomorrow for a position which could see me doubling my salary (+) I have put interview in quotes as it appears it's going to be very casual (GM wants a chat over coffee and they are already making plans to fly me up to see the property)

I am a guy being interviewed by a male so I have been agonising over what to wear (and yes, I would prefer not to be scent-naked). Don't want to do anything floral or too heavy or foody and have pretty much settled on Shrunken Heads which is fresh and doesn't turn bitter on me.

Was considering going with Perversion, No. 93 Engine, Coyote, Wilde or Dorian.

It's freezing here at the moment with some snow so have considered that something warmer than Shrunken Heads might be better.

Hmm...

Kia Ora Galahad! I'm a Dorian fan, maybe Coyote for the thoughts of warm fur and hot summer plains? I haven't smelled Perversion & can't remember No. 93 Engine (didn't like it for me, think it's hidden in my wife's Box o' Imps). What kind of general industry is your interview/chat in?

:P Coyote might thaw some of the snow. Are you in the SI? We're in Auckland.

Good luck!

Alex

Hi all

Have an "interview" tomorrow for a position which could see me doubling my salary (+) I have put interview in quotes as it appears it's going to be very casual (GM wants a chat over coffee and they are already making plans to fly me up to see the property)

I am a guy being interviewed by a male so I have been agonising over what to wear (and yes, I would prefer not to be scent-naked). Don't want to do anything floral or too heavy or foody and have pretty much settled on Shrunken Heads which is fresh and doesn't turn bitter on me.

Was considering going with Perversion, No. 93 Engine, Coyote, Wilde or Dorian.

It's freezing here at the moment with some snow so have considered that something warmer than Shrunken Heads might be better.

Hmm...