Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Amazon

Nanshe

The Babylonian Goddess of Dreams, who bestows the power of Oneiromancy onto her priests. This blend opens up psychic sensitivity during sleep and aids in the understanding and correct interpretation of portents and symbols.

I know it's meant to be lavender and lemon. What I'm getting is a kick in the face of ginger. Dislike.

Whoa Ho! Lemons! Get me a bottle of this! Stat! I dunno how the sleep thing is going to go, will let you know tommorow....

Lemons lemons lemons lemons lemons lemons. With a side of lemons. On top of more lemons decorated with lemons. And I think some herbs poke their way through later, but it's all so lemons I can't tell. Nice, though, that it's sharp lemon without being cleaning products. Might be raelly good for midsummer.

I really love lemon and usually don’t agree when people mention it smelling like a cleaning product, but in this case, okay, it kinda smells like a cleaning product. It’s not that bad, I still enjoy the lemon. There’s just an extra… twinge at the end. On my skin, sharp and bitter. Others have mentioned ginger, that's a likely suspect here. Going to bed now, I’ll see if this increases ~psychic sensitivity~ at all.

Haha, oh wow. I gave Nanshe two nights to prove itself. Both times it took me a bit to fall asleep, I didn't remember any dreams, and I woke up early in the morning with mixed success of getting back to sleep. I don't necessarily blame Nanshe for that, but I haven't found this to be an effective sleep blend either. Since I wouldn't wear this as a perfume, I'll pass it along.

ITI: I get lavender with just a hint of lemon verbena.

Wet: Strong lavender like lavender fields waft from my skin. Even without the verbena showing up, I still really enjoy it.

Dry: There's the verbena again - strong and clear, flanked now weakly by the lavender. It's still a lovely scent.

I smelled lavender and possibly lemon verbana right away. I don't usually like anything lemon but this is a really nice scent, especially suited to bedtime. I also would have expected lemon to wake me up but that was not at all the case. I fell asleep quickly and slept deeply and well, all rare occurrences for me, until my alarm woke me up in the morning and I fell back asleep and had a horrible nightmare! But I don't blame Nanshe, I blame my obnoxious ocean sounds alarm. Besides, she'd mostly worn off by then!

I like! May not buy a bottle but will definitely use the imp

Lemon Pledge all the way on me. 40 minutes in, I pulled off the road, hunted down a Dunkin Donuts, and scrubbed it off, a first for me with these oils.

I'm STILL smelling it. Ugh.

Frimp from the lab.

Love lavender and lemon scents so, after reading all the positive reviews, I was expecting to love this.

I do get both lavender and lemon but something is amping on my skin that makes this blend quite vile.

Blended in with the lemon/lavender I smell cooked fish, mushrooms, and worst of all Neem oil, UGH! :eek:

I must have some strange skin chemistry going on.

I couldn't sleep at all with Nanshe assaulting my nose and had to scrub, scrub, scrub. I will stick with TKO; it smells dreamy and it works.

I've been sniffing this the past couple of nights trying to work out what it reminds me off and I've just realised what is is...Halls cough sweets. :confused: The honey lemon menthol ones with the nasty gooey bit in the middle. Must be my skin just being especially weird. That said, it's not entirely unpleasant, just a bit too lemony for me.

Edited by Anathema Holmes

Wet: Lavender and lemons. Pleasant and fresh.

Drydown/While falling asleep: Lemongrass and sun tea. It’s very cozy and glow-y. I feel like there might be a bit of a green herb below the surface, but mostly it smells golden and warm. Very memory-inducing and it reminds me of the sort of sleepiness that I associate with sleeping in until noon in the summer.

8.5 out of 10 bones

When I first tested it, I initially smelled lavender followed by strong lemon. My friend Michelle commented that it smelled exactly like fresh lemongrass, which it does, and now, I don’t smell the lavender anymore whenever I wear it—just a freshly broken stalk of lemongrass. As far as its purpose as a sleep aid goes, Nanshe does not make me sleepy. I do wonder if it has an effect on my dreams, though; I remain skeptical that a scent could influence my dreams, but every time I wear it at night, I remember my dreams/dream more than usual. I like this well enough, but not enough to get another imp or buy a big bottle.

Clove and lemon.

The clove is pretty strong on my skin, and the lemon note is like an actual lemon (with peel included) instead of lemongrass or lemon verbana.

I really like this, and I plan on getting a bottle once I use up my imp.

Lemon Heads! I wear this one often to sleep. To me it is sugary sweet lemon candy, Lemon Heads to be precise.

I find it soothing and puts me in a clear, happy mood for sleep.

Not sure on the psychic properties, but that's how I feel about all the Somniums.

This one is nice in the diffuser by the bed, too!

This smells like an herbal that my cousin makes for me to help me with my dream work and readings. Perhaps because of that, when I smell Nanshe, I smell bergamot and lavender - the two major players in my cousin's herbal concoction. It's a beautiful scent. It's crisp, bright and comforting to me. It's a little too crisp and bright to help me fall asleep, and I find that when I wear this to bed, I have more trouble than usual falling asleep. But, boy do I dream!! Real doozies too! I've also found that it doesn't help me with interpreting my readings either. I still love it for its simple beauty (think lemon lavender candy) and for the increase in vivid, memorable dreams.

This is super sharp, I get almost entirely lemon verbena with just a little bit of dry lavender. But somehow this makes me very sleepy though bright citrus is usually energizing for me

On me, this is much more lemongrass than lemons! It'd a bit peppery too - maybe some ginger? Not getting any lavender, really. I don't think this particular blend would be relaxing for bedtime for me at all.

Lemon balm or lemongrass, some soft clove (or ginger?) and lavender in there. Really it smells like fruit loops, a bit. This is one of the best oils for sleeping in hot weather. I haven't noticed much effect on dreams but it's very comforting.

Edited by patina