Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Myria Jean

Cacao-Dusted Sugar Skulls Bath Oil

White sugar and meringue sprinkled with cacao.

This is less sugary than I was expecting - the cacao is nicely bitter and something smells a bit buttery. I got this for my daughter, but it might be more appropriate for me. I'm not sure yet. It's lovely though.
ETA: No, not kid-appropriate and not something that works for me either.

In bottle: Mmmmm. What it says on the bottle: sugary meringue blended with cocoa. In use: Waaay more cocoa. So cocoa with some sugary meringue in it. Still gorgeous. I would buy so many bottles if I had the money.

Love this. Works well while wearing Mornings In New Orleans too. The cacao is so good! it keeps it from being too sweet. Would layer nicely with a lot of foody scents, I think.

Smells fruity in the bottle, but dries down into a lightly scented cacao with more vanilla than fruit on me. I don't like Sugar Skull as a rule, and did have the bath oil a couple of years ago, and it was much too fruity and sweet. This is quite yummy, chocolate and vanilla, and I'll enjoy the rest of the decant.

Mine isn't very chocolatey but I'm actually okay with that because it's still super sugary and delish. Really, it smells exactly like meringues.

In the decant bottle: What it says on the tin--very nice.

Wet: Much as on cold sniff--this isn't as fruity sweet as this yr's Sugar Skull perfume oil is, though.

The dry-down:This turns to dusty cacao, which saddens me. But not half an hour later, or so, I noticed the most wonderful scent wafting up from the back of my hand--a Sugar Skull scent from a past year mixed with cacao. :) Chocolate scents usually work on me, and all I had to do was give this a little more time. I can see this as a year-round bath oil.

Note: my skin is dry and I use bath oils like a lotion.

I love this stuff. LOVE IT. to me, cocoa is dark and rich and a warmly bitter, while cacao is brighter, sweeter and has a liqueur-quality while definitely not smelling of a cocktail.

this stuff is cacao and a sparkly sugar crust with something almost a little warm and musky (are fluffy baked egg whites musky?)

I didn't care for the sugar skulls perfume on me, but this is completely different and works wonderfully. I use it as a post-shower moisturizer and as a hair oil. the scent is light and rich and lasts all day.

despite the notes, this isn't as hard core foody as bpals can get. there's sugar and cacao, but mostly this hovers in the realm between being foody and perfumy.

Edited by annemathematics

I think annemathematics wrote above my exact experience as well. I can't put it any better so I will just agree with the above posting.

Cocoa powder and meringue. It's powdery, slightly sweet, and sugary. Ever sniff hot chocolate mix? Yeah, that's what it smells like. Oddly enough, it's not as sweet or foodie as I would have thought. It's subtle foodie.

The chocolate in here is absolutely beautiful. I was hoping that the extra sugar would stop it

From turning to powder. Alas. It did not.

I ordered a decant on a whim. Cacao and I are friends, vry vry good friends ;) But I wasn't expecting this to be as good as it is. For me, in the bottle it is cacao dominate with some Sugar Skull vibes goin on underneath. Best part is? IT STAYS THE SAME BUT GETS STRONGER. This revived some love for my bath oils (they had been taking a back seat to some new lotions and such). On my skin, it is a bit foodie with no powdery dry down. Love.