Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Alethia

Boo Hair Gloss

Eerie billows of spun sugar, fluttering white cotton, and sheets of cream.

The first time I tried Boo I wasn't super crazy about it. My nose wasn't fully developed yet and it just fell kind of flat on my skin. But then I tried the 2010 version this summer and finally got it. I was really hoping that Boo would be back as a perfume oil this year. I never thought to even hope for a Boo hair gloss! So naturally I had to order it :D
This stuff is SO GOOD. It's the beautifully simple Boo that I've come to know and love: a cotton-candy type sugar with extra backbone from the cotton and silky cream running all through it. It's slightly foody without being obvious, sweet without being sickeningly so. It smells pretty and I love it so.

I put 6 sprays in my waist length, ridiculously thick hair this morning (and they were true sprays/mists and not squirts like in some of my earlier hair gloss bottles) but then wound up having to put my hair up shortly after I got to work. When I got home this evening I took my hair down and was immediately enveloped in this amazing sweet soft cloud of scent and swooned. This might be my favorite of the hair glosses so far actually. It's very simple to wear and just feels like me (as weird as that sounds!).

I've also gotten more compliments on this than any other perfume/hair gloss I've ever worn. The first time I wore it, I had no less than 6 different people comment on how nice I smelled.

And of course, the gloss itself is sheer perfection. It tames my frizz, smooths everything out, and makes my hair virtually tangle free.

tl;dr review: Get this now. It's perfection in a spray bottle.

Boo is gorgeous. Sugary vanilla cream that just wafts gently around my head...As much as I love sweet scents, a lot of them tend to give me headaches. Boo, thankfully, doesn't. It's just the right kind of sweet that isn't cloying or overbearing. Might have to snag another bottle or two.

This is just as amazing as I thought it would be. :wub2:

If you like spun sugar vanilla cream goodness, you need this hair gloss! I get more of the sugar and cream. The cotton is lingering in the background.

This one has good staying power, too! I can still smell it pretty strongly when I hold my hair up to my nose, even though I applied it seven hours ago.

I may need a back-up bottle of this.

*edit* When I woke up this morning, the Boo hair gloss was still going strong! I was enveloped in a cloud of Boo. :ghost:

LOVE.

*another edit* Back-up bottle: ordered.

Edited by dementia_divine

I get more of the cotton than the cream or sugar here, but somehow it just works. Where the bath oil last year was all single note cotton on me, the gloss is heavy cotton with a bit of creamy sweetness. It didn't work for me as a bath oil, but oh boy does it work here. It's lovely and you all need it. Now.

I just love the Trading Posts hair gloss. My hair is incredibly thick, just about waist-length and 100% unruly. After a few spritzs of gloss, my medusa hair is tamed to straight silk. All of the HGs I have right now are resin or patchouli based (since those are the types of scents I wear most often, they layer well with my perfume). However, I've started wearing more foodie scents lately and needed a gloss that would layer with those scents…behold, BOO!

I've always really liked the Boo perfume oil so I knew I was going to love this gloss. In my hair, this is straight up candy floss and vanilla cream OMGSOGOOD! :thud: I can't smell the cotton note at all, it's definitely more prominent in the perfume oil than it is in the HG (which is fine by me). After settling into my hair for a few minutes, it starts smelling very similar to Midway. :heart: Yeah, uhhh…I kinda wanna eat my hair right now.

Overall, this stuff is pretty much the most delicious hair gloss I've tried, even rivaling Silky Bat. I will cherish my bottle.

Boo Hair Gloss is AMAZING!

It's a glorious sweet - but not too sweet! - vanilla with just the teeniest touch of linen.

It lingers all day without being overpowering or subtle, just perfect!

I thought I would be safe from backup purchases this Halloweenie - but Boo HG is seriously making me reconsider

I'm normally not a "foodie/sweet" scent lover, but I was pleasantly surprised by Boo. When I first squirted it in a frenzy to sniff it, I accidentally sprayed out A LOT....in the car...and thought.. holy crap I smell like a giant cupcake! :blink:

BUT, when applied under normal circumstances it's sweet and creamy without being "too sweet"..maybe very slightly smoky as it dries down. The throw is pretty decent and I can still smell it in my longish hair the next morning.

I will definitely keep the bottle for days when I'm wanting something other than my usual resiny/woody scents and I can imagine this would be a great scent for going out at night. The bottle artwork is pretty awesome too :smile:

If you want your hair to be deliciously glossy...get this!

Vanilla cream with a hint of brown sugar. It's a lot less in-your-face than Snake Oil or IBT, but the scent wafts softly the next day, too. Lovely!

Boo was one of my very first BPAL loves and so I just about squealed when I saw this hair gloss was available. It doesn't disappoint at all. I have long, thick hair and this stuff tames it into submission and makes it smell exactly like sugared double cream. Sexy as hell and genuinely helpful at the same time. What's not to love?

Boo was my second hair gloss after a disaster of a chaos theory that I still can't get rid of for trade (probably because "floral" tells no one anything and I get all choked when I spray it to do more tests)

I've since gotten an Eat Me that I traded for Smutty Goblin that broke and leaked everywhere in transit...

So I think my hair gloss journey is cursed! And probably by Boo! It's just so good, sweet without being cloying. It goes with my favorite oils (Eat Me, scherezade, Captain Lilith, Gingerbread snakes).

Who doesn't like to turn their head and get a nose full of sugar?

I normally use 7 squirts on my hair, that leaves it silky and nicely scented. Boo is perhaps THE strongest hair gloss I've tried to date. It is definitely, foody, fluffy and comforting. Sweet vanilla and marshmallows, but 7 is definitely too much for me, it ends up being rather cloying with that amount, and I can smell it the next day, which is rare for the lab's hair glosses. Still, I like Boo, I've been contemplating a bottle at some point, so I'll use this, but sparingly. :)

Boo hair gloss is pretty much just vanilla cream goodness for the hair. I also get less linen in the hair gloss than I do in the perfume oil—this smells just like vanilla pudding on a linen tablecloth. Unlike other reviewers, I find this to be the lightest scented hair gloss I own and after drying my hair, it's almost imperceptible. But it leaves my hair beautifully shiny and glossy, with a faint sweetness that never competes with whatever scent I pick out for the day. When I want a little more Boo, I just dot on some perfume. :P

Don't know what I can add that the other reviewers didn't, other than it is a lovely creamy cotton sugar!! Now, Boo perfume oil didn't agree with me, so I wasn't sure if the HG would, but it is very good!!

It is sweet but not cloying. I think foody and non-foody lovers will like this. I also think this would be good to use in warmer months as well since it is more on the soft side! A winner!

UPDATE!!

Ok....it has been 6 hours since I put this in my damp hair and I can STILL smell the goodness!! Amazing! I have only tried 3 other different kinds of HG (Snake Oil, Snow White, & Pumpkin Spice Everything) and those lasted a couple hours....but BOO.....wow! Still going strong!

Edited by Numanoid

Oh Boo, I love you. Whenever I wear you people say I smell like cookies. I smell like cookies for 12 hours because you are one of the longest lasting BPAL blends I have ever tried. Now you come in the form of hair gloss and I am so happy about that. You are sugar perfection and now that your yummy nummy smell has been paired with the best gloss in the world my life is more happy. Your hair gloss scent lasts just as long as the original oil does. You are swoon worthy and I shall be sad when my bottle is all gone.

Boo HG is just as vanilla-sugary-marshmallowy-sweet as the perfume, and it is STRONG. I'm hoping that this becomes a recurring 'Weenie--both my daughter and I adore it, and I only got one bottle!

Oh Boo, you don't work for me. I get a cotton vanilla with a hint of marshmallow. I get a ton of cotton, and I don't know why.

*sigh*

Boo HG is simply ahhhhhmazing! Sweet Vanilla cupcake frosting with a teeny bit of the expensive creme fraiche and it lingers

all day into the night, waking up with hair smelling of cake batter and marshmallows! I very much regret not purchasing

two bottles-bonjour tristesse!

my holy grail, desert island list includes Boo HG!

i want to use it every day reminding myself that Halloween is everyday...but with only one bottle I must resist this impulse.

i love you Boo HG, i truly do! :evol:

So glad the Trading Post brought this back, so I could get some!

When I first spritzed it, I thought of caramel apples, that warm smell that they have when freshly made. Without the apples? Does that make sense? I don't get the cotton at all, but it morphs into caramel and cotton candy and vanilla marshmallows and all sorts of sweets and I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE it! My husband says I smell like a candy store. :wub3:

I use a lot, since my hair is long enough to sit on, so that might be why it lasts for 10 hours, or maybe that's just its staying power. Must...Use...Restraint! Then again, maybe not.

Boo ended up in both last year's and this year's 'weenie orders but I just realized I never gave it a review.

When I first spritzed this one, I was super heartbroken. It had this sharp laundry detergent scent and very little vanilla. Once this had settled for a day or so after it arrived the vanilla started to emerge. This isn't foodie at all on me. It's just white and creamy and very clean. It was medium throw but it lasts for a very long time so it's a great choice for wearing to work.

This does the same thing that Boo did on my skin.

At first it smells like caramel flavoured powdered instant pudding mix. Not bad, just very powdery. But soon the powdery-ness disappears and it's soft, sweet, sugary caramel. And boy is this sucker strong. I only used 1 spray in my mid-long, thick hair and I can smell it wafting around me as I type. I probably won't use this for glossing purposes since my curly hair needs more than one spray to behave, but it is *very* good at scenting my hair and it'll be great on those days when I need a sweet pick-me-up. I will happily keep my decant :)

Boo HG is even better than the perfume! In the perfume oil, I get a hint of the "cotton" note. Not enough to make me hate it, but I know I would prefer it without. I don't get that cotton note in the HG, it's all creamy sugar, which pretty much goes with any sweet perfume in my collection (which is most of them, really) making it just the perfect thing for me! I am so happy to have it. Two sprays is enough in my ultrafine hair, and the scent lasts all day. Lovely!

THIS! I love how clean, sexy, feminine and creamy this is. My hair is always heavily bleached and dyed, and the lavender shampoo I use can strip the oils, while heavy conditioners leave me stringy. This leaves my hair manageable and smells like the word billowing should

I'm going to give it another shot from my decant, but Boo isn't doing the same amazing thing on my hair that it is doing to everyone else. It's a clean, vanilla, sweet scent, that's not particularly strong. It's pleasant, but it's not particularly exciting on me.

Hmm... I am a tad disappointed in this. I have the original Boo! perfume oil and it's beautiful vanilla marshmallowy cream goodness, although I've noticed that reviews from subsequent years of Boo! mention it has changed. So I was really hoping that the HG would be the same vanilla/cream variety of the original Boo! perfume, but I'm finding it has a very strong caramel/burnt brown sugar smell on me. And every now and then I catch a hint of lemon smell too. Because of the dominance of the brown sugar, I really have to look for the vanilla... it's in there, but it's really really hard to find.

I just wanted a simple, clean vanilla HG and I was really hoping this would be it. Ah well, can't win them all.