Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Poenari

Pumpkin Spice Everything Hair Gloss

Literally everything.

Brand new out of the mailbox, and I've already tested another gloss in my hair. But I'll give a quick impression here, because I'm sure people are waiting for reviews as anxiously as I've been. I'll come back and edit after I can do a full test in my hair.

This is exactly as described- all pumpkin pie spices, just a bit of pumpkin. Very much like the original Pumpkin Pie bath oil which is very spicy. There is no buttery pumpkin in this and it doesn't smell like a jack o'lantern either. I am a huge fan of pumpkin pie and yes, PSL from Starbucks. This is the dream scent for every white girl with yoga pants, and now you can wear it in your hair. I can already tell I'm going to want a backup bottle of this, because I need to have enough on hand to also layer it with other glosses when I want to spice them up. ;)

In the bottle: Definitely spice dominant, but there is a creamy pumpkin note in the background. It is more like a pumpkin spice syrup than actual pumpkin with spices.

In my hair, it is all spice, no pumpkin. It is very strong on the cinnamon, and I can see how some people that reviewed the perfume got a Red Hots vibe from this. I am glad that I decided to get this in hair gloss form instead of getting the perfume oil, as I am sure that would have burned my skin. The spices are becoming drier over time.

This one has had good staying power throughout the day. :D

Verdict: I like this one! I don't layer things very often, but I am going to try layering this with some other hair glosses (like Dorian to wear with Dorian in the Pumpkin Patch) to see if I need more of this. However, I have so many hair glosses that I don't feel like I need a back-up of this one right now.

Just a quick out-of-bottle sniff review!

Yes....creamy, buttery pumpkin with spices galore! This is a wonderful warm scent! As of now, the spices are dominant. Will update review tomorrow when I use it in clean hair!! :)

Update: So, I just used this this morning on damp hair, and it is so lovely!! Slight buttery pumpkin note, and the spices are warm and comforting!!! I love this. I ordered the perfume oil and so can't wait to wear these together!!

Edited by Numanoid

This is super cinnamony for me. It's a sweet cinnamon, though, not too harsh or bitter. It tends to be just a little throat tickly, but delicious all the same!

How I use it: 4 spritzes on hands, run hands through wet hair. Haven't tried on dry hair.

Wet on hands: Mmm, buttery creamy pumpkin with light spice. Nice!

Wet on hair: Hello, cinnamon! That's all I can smell – pure cinnamon.

Dry hair: Still mostly cinnamon. Lingers for the longest time, but not too strong. There's something lurking behind the cinnamon, some other spice that occasionally peaks through – nutmeg? clove? Can't tell. No pumpkin, pure spice.

My hair's really curly, and the lingering cinnamon smell gives me the visual image of curling my hair around a cinnamon stick. It's an absolutely gorgeous scent that I absolutely love – so glad I got this! I wore this when I went to supper with some of my friends from grad school last night - I got a compliment from one (she loved how my hair smelled and also how soft and glossy it was!) and another kept touching it and playing with it. :)

If loving Pumpkin Spice hair gloss makes me a basic bitch, I'm ok with that. :cool: This is just like the perfume oil; freshly-ground pumpkin pie spice with just a hint of pumpkin. It blends well with a lot of the Halloweenie scents I've been wearing, and lasts so long that I can smell it the next morning. I recently wore the hair gloss and perfume together to work and felt like I was walking around in an autumnal cloud all day. At times it smells almost like pumpkin pie chai! Definitely a keeper, and one that I feel certain I'll pull out in September/October next year, when I'm pining for fall scents.

Origin: Straight from the Post

Initial Thoughts: After trying the perfume oil, I knew I had to try other formats of this lovely spicy scent.

Application: I usually do a sniff-from-the-bottle test, but the last few days have been crazy busy and I just reached for it this morning. After 8 or so spritzes on wet hair, massaging it through, and blow-drying I was in a lovely cloud of foody spices with a light foundation of pumpkin.

Duration: This one is giving CVBT a run for staying power. I could smell my hair just walking around all day and at least one person commented on my room smelling like something baking.

Verdict: Total keeper, but perhaps I'll spray a little less than my usual.

ETA: Um, yeah...totally the most staying power I've ever experienced. I got in the shower this morning and the minute the hot water hit my hair, I was in a cloud of cinnamon and ginger and nutmeg bliss.

Edited by puck_nc

Pumpkin Spice Everything is ALLLLLLLL of the spices that go into the pumpkin pie. If there's a note of actual pumpkin in here, I'm not getting it. This could be pumpkin spice cookies, cake, actual pumpkin pie itself, marshmallows, anything! I guess that's the beauty of pumpkin pie spices, you can toss them in just about anything and they'll create autumnal magic.

In my hair, the pumpkin spice is mostly cinnamon and allspice. They smell freshly ground, rich and warm. The throw is amazing (especially with my 3-foot long ponytail *whip*!) and it lasts all day. As with all of the TPs glosses, this stuff smooths and tames like no other. Love!

All spice and foody scent lovers, and those of you who are just nuts about fall need this one. It's pure happiness in a bottle. Maybe next year we'll get Apple Spice Everything? Yes?! :D

Edited by Monster

This is ever so slightly different from the BPAL perfume oil of the same name. It's more pumpkin than spice on my hair and amen to that. Gorgeous.

Fall spices, definitely cinnamon, nutmeg, clove. I'm not big on smelling like pumpkin pie spice, but it does smell rather tasty.

My decant of this gloss is much lighter on the spices than the perfume. It's primarily sweet creamy pumpkin with some cinnamon way in the background. I like it but I wouldn't have minded more spice. On the plus side, totally work friendly & my husband really likes it, too - I got an unsolicited: "Your hair smells great!" from him.

Edited by alterosen

Pumpkin Spice Everything smells exactly the same as the atmo version. I get allspice, cinnamon and pumpkin. It smells autumnal, fall like and deliciously foodie.

Loooove this! I'm admittedly a fall fragrance whore anyway. I literally love pumpkin spice everything anyway.

I do get a lot of spice with the occasional pumpkiny whiff, but one of my students this week says she smells a kot of pumpkin.

I must say though, performance wise it rocks too! I've applied to damp and dry hair and it works well both ways.