Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Akurarei

Tricksy Hair Gloss

Patchouli, aquilaria aguillocha, and Manuka honey.

Oh my, being first is gonna be tough >_<

I have the original release of the Tricky bath oil, and love it!
The bath oil is quite strong to me so it's used sparingly, though.

HAIR GLOSS REVIEW

I detect more honey than patchouli in this hair gloss, and the throw is more subtle and lingering.
The aquilaria aguillocha apparently is some kind of Agarwood or Oud (according to my limited Google-fu). Normally I find Oud overpowering and avoid it, but not here!
The gloss itself still does wonderous things for my mane - and I am BEYOND THRILLED that the throw is more subtle than the Bath Oil, because it means that I can wear it at my conservative workplace without worry!

Great job Puddin' and the Labby Goblins!

I love my Tricksy bath oil and perfume, so having the chance to pull off the trifecta of getting Tricksy hair gloss is a home run! I also agree with Akurarei, this is definitely that Tricksy scent that I love, but more toned down than the bath oil. This is more similar to the Tricksy perfume, where the honey is more prevalent than it was in the bath oil. I love my patchouli scents, and as a hair gloss addict, I'm so excited to add this to my collection.

I haven't tried the bath oil or perfume so I can't compare to that. This is just my second hair gloss and I am quickly becoming an addict. This is mostly honey on me. Starts out very strong but then settles down, so it is workplace appropriate as mentioned. I also love what it does for my hair. Total win!

I'm finding that the patchouli is less prominent here than the perfume oil and bath oil. That's OK with me, and love both versions. I find most glosses fade in scent, and this is no exception. I still enjoy them, though, and will use up my decant for sure.

I'm so glad the Post released Tricksy hair gloss so I can layer with Tricksy perfume oil! This is just like the perfume on me: woods, patchouli, honey. The honey seems stronger in the hair gloss than it is in the perfume oil, which isn't a problem for me since I'm bananas about the Manuka honey note. This is a 'lighter' hair gloss on me, and I can get away with spraying more than I can with other glosses—without weighing my hair down or broadcasting scent too widely.

I too get more honey than the other components and that is okay because this honey likes me . The patch is not overpowering and the oudh ads nice depth. The scent lingers in my hair until I shampoo it out The only problem I have with this hair gloss is I keep confusing it (the bottle) with Boo. Boo I generously spray. Tricksy does not require a liberal spray so every once in a while Tricksy greets every one before I do . ;)

Tricksy as a HG is less patchouli intense, and I definitely get more honey and oudh. I would say, like Revenant Rhythm that the hair gloss manages to sort of balance out all of the three components so you can smell them all at the same time. For me, patchouli likes to hog the center stage so it has to be pretty subtle in a blend for it to give a shot at some of the other components.

Tricksy reminds me to Silkybat and Frosty Silkybat in that it seems to be the same type of patchouli. So if you ever wanted that type of patchouli but with honey, Tricksy is definitely the hair gloss for you.

This is even more amazing than I'd hoped. Fruity honey and soft patchouli in a tropical sexiness cloud of yum. I think it's turning me on.

I just have a sample of this, not in a spray bottle, so I am just testing it on my skin.

Oooh...that's nice. I was actually testing this so that I could say I tried it and give it away, thinking RR and the many other HG's I have had me covered for Patch....but with the honey, that is just so subtle and soft and nice! I think I have to track down at least a decant.

ETA: Got a bottle, and now with it in my hair, it's even better. The honey is gorgeous and slightly floral. The patchouli is of the drier, woodier variety. Totally different from the patch in RR. I actually think I need to track down a bottle of this in perfume form now...

Edited by LizziesLuck

Sadly, some of the labs versions of patchouli go funny on me, and the patchouli in this particular blend totally turns to cedarwood, which I am not a fan of, and the honey is pretty close to non-existent. Maybe it is the patch/honey combo that does the funny hamster bedding thing? Either way, I was hoping for something closer to Silkybat or RR, but this one had to find a new home....