Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Chrysanthemum Tea Atmosphere Spray

A brew for the dead: dried chrysanthemum petals, black tea leaf, and black poisonwood bark sweetened with honey.

A swirling, almost dusty blend. There's something leafy about it, I think it may be the bark. This is floral with a hint of sweet.

Chrysanthemum Tea atmo is so pretty! I love BPAL's black tea note, and I love chrysanthemum, so this hopped right into my cart. I don't get anything leafy here, just honey-sweetened black tea with mums and something pleasantly bitter tempering the sweetness—maybe that's the bark note? There's something somber and bittersweet about this that makes it perfect for this time of year. It's also on the lighter side of the atmos I've tried...it's delicate, and would be perfect for those days (or places) where I don't want a strong scent.

dusty chrysanthemum black tea with something woody, like bark, not mahogany or teak, rounding it out. I really like this one and wish I got a full bottle.

this smells like chrysanthemum with something honey-ish and woody. a little goes a long along way! it reminds me of polished wood awhile after it's been sprayed, for some reason, but still with the chrysanthemum. i think the woodiness calms after awhile and it's more heavy on the tea.

This is very evocative of the drink, which I love. It has that slightly smoked chrysanthemum scent with a subtle sweetness behind it. And like the drink is slightly poisonous, so does the atmosphere spray smell a little wicked, like there is some mischief hiding behind the floral foreground. It makes for a very intriguing, and ultimately pleasant, atmosphere spray that I can see myself using in the spring and summer as well. It is not a hugely "halloweeny" scent in that regard.

Mums, black tea and a hint of honey. This a dark, leafy sort of floral with a hint of sweetness. It actually smells very proper to me. Like this is the smell of a luxe apartment in the autumn time. You know, the kind you see in Architectural Digest and you realize that you could probably buy a French chateau with the kind of money you'd need to buy this two bedroom apartment.

Only a tiny bit of oil remains from my decant of this one, so it's time to review it before it is gone!

The dried chrysanthemum note is the most prominent note, followed by the honey note, and then the black tea. The other notes are present, but the chrysanthemum note steals the show.

This one is pleasant, but I don't feel like I need more of it.