Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Lycanthrope

Midnight in a Silent Grove Atmosphere Spray

Black pine and crooked oaks draped with Spanish Moss, dimly lit by flickers of juniper.

Oh, baby.

This is like a brooding, Black-Forest like atmosphere spray that brings to mind a deep forest that you really shouldn't be in. Add to that a quiet room and you can be transported to the center of a forboding grove. While the predominant topnote is a pretty classic pine, the oak supports it with a powerful, warm midnote. The spanish moss is present in a slight sourness / tang to the pine top notes, and the juniper comes across mostly as tiny spark of gin-berry. The overall drydown is a blended mixture of 'forest' and this would be super awesome for a forest-themed halloween party.

I can see this also being a fall / Eastern Europe forest atmosphere inducer.

Mmm.

Pine, moss, oak and a hint of juniper. In some ways, this makes me think of anything vaguely New Orleans, and I think its that spanish moss.

For those of you that have been fans of the book, Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil - give this a whirl. It's dark, brooding, and powerful. It smells of darkened, misty forests and shadowed woods.

I love the atmosphere sprays with lots of evergreen so I was hoping that this would be along the lines of Schwartzwald. But I really don't get that much pine from this - first there's a dark green note that I'm reading as vetiver, then some petrichor (wet pavement), stone & finally a really nice moss. There's maybe a whisper of evergreen if I search for it.

I actually do like this quite a bit - for me it evokes coming across a ruin hidden in the woods; the stone walls covered with ivy & moss, slightly melancholy & solemn. Perfect for a LOTR themed party or creating a mood while on-line adventuring.