Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Aviatrix

Red Roses and Old Bones Atmosphere Spray

A smattering of red rose petals scattered atop a pile of yellowing, ancient bones.

Oh, no reviews for this one yet? Well, then I'll go first! :)

I'll admit the concept drew my attention straight away; it sounded suitably morbid and evocative for my tastes, so I gave it a try.

This is straight up lush red roses, with an undercurrent of something a bit ominous, but not very distinct. Mostly it's just fresh rose, almost honeyed. But I can definitely see how the "old bones" come into the picture…although it's more in tone than in actual distinguishable notes, I think.

It's rather pretty and not as dry as the name would suggest. If you enjoy rose, you will like this!
I blind-bought a bottle, and I'm actually glad I did.

Lush, red roses, and a hint of bone white musk. In general there's only a sense of ominous with this, and just a whole bunch of voluptuous red roses. Makes me think of Peacock Queen actually.

this was pure fresh red roses at first, but then i smelled something kind of spicy, almost carnation-y. a couple minutes later that spiciness seems to turn to a musky scent and then it's musky red roses. i'm not sure what musk this is, but to my nose it's fairly animalic. i like this one, but glad i got a decant because i probably don't need a whole bottle of this.

Edited by theseagrows

Beautiful red roses with a smidge of musky incense spice & then something a bit waxy sneaks in. It does actually make me picture yellowed glistening bones in flickering candlelight rather than dry clean white ones & creeps me out a little bit if I dwell on it. This is a brief phase & then it continues on being voluptuously rosy. Overall, a lovely rich rose atmosphere spray.

Love this. Gorgeous lush roses, with a hint of something dark and disturbing underneath. I don't know what "old bones" smell like, but I can totally imagine that they might smell like whatever that smell is, mixed in with the roses. It's sinister and luxurious all at the same time.

I wish my nose could pick up on the more sophisticated things others have described. For me? It's just like the room has been filled with every lush red rose known to man. Very fairy tale esque to me, not somber or sad. I feel like Briar Rose, with the bushes grown in all around my bed (and also I am tired)

Not sure what the 'yellowing, ancient bones' are supposed to smell like, but I definitely get the rose. Big, heavy, lush, red roses with a musky/perfumey edge to them. No greenery or anything to them, just a perfumey red rose scent.

Bottle purchased from the Trading Post about 4 years ago.  I don't know why I didn't review it then.  Too busy, probably.

This is almost a single-note rose.  Very fresh and realistic.  With just a hint of dust in the background to lend a touch of sorrow.  It's exactly what it says!

Absolutely gorgeous.  And has good longevity as well.

6 out of 6 stars.

Oh no, I don't get any rose. It's a very tar/labdanum scent and that's all I get. It vaguely reminds me of The Sick Rose. Sadly, not my cup of tea at all.