Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ClockworkMoM

Very Pink Surprise Cake

A few weeks before DragonCon this year, I took ill with a persistent, irritating, gooey flu. To cheer up me up, my crazy, wonderful daughter and her crazy, wonderful dad threw me a surprise party. They decorated Lilith's room, baked me a cake in the Easy Bake Oven (it tasted very pink), and brought me little gifts, including a ridiculously pink lipstick, some balloons and noisemakers, and a bottle of OxyClean. (Long story.)

This perfume captures the ridiculously pink scent of that ridiculously pink cake. I love my family.

This was a spontaneous add on to my order, and I'm SO glad I went for it! Freshly applied it is the pinkest thing ever, to me it's exactly the scent of Nesquick strawberry milkshake powder, which is such a happy childhood smell, and as it dries it gets warmer and cakier. The throw and staying power are both great, and it's just such a comforting, warm, *happy* scent, I absolutely love it!

...also, with it being such a simple, almost single note scent, I think it may layer fabulously with things, so there is much experimentation to be done! :D

Edit - currently trying it layered with Snow White, and it's like *neon* Pink Snowballs! I've been using London + Snow White to create pretty much a Pink Snowballs dupe since it wasn't released with this year's Yules, and Surprise Cake also works really nicely for a much girlier cakier bouncier Snowball :) Also gave it a go with Lick It With Consent - initially the mint blows away all the pinkness, but after a few minutes there's just a little bit of strawberry thickening the mint/vanilla, which is really nice :)

this smells just like sprinklecake but with a very very strong boozy note. I prefer sprinklecake.

Straight up pink strawberry cake. Delicious, cakey artificial strawberry. I love this, i did not enjoy Sprinklecake and don't think they are similar. I might need a bottle...

I was hoping a little on Sprinlecake cause I really do miss that one ....

This one is more pinkish and smells a lot of strawberry! I still love it and will wear it a lot during spring :wub3:

It is super duper cakey and happy and cheerfull and playish, also wearing it maes me think of making fun

with my girls and it is a bright scent in m opinion

Very Pink Surprise cake

In the bottle: This smells like this strawberry cake that comes in a mix.. Is smells exactly like it! Hope this smell lasts!

Wet: I lost the cake and it now smells like plastic strawberries and candles... Like the burnt scent that happens after candles are blown out.. With a hint of strawberry in the back. I guess this is what a real Very Pink Surprise Cake smells like after you have eaten is and blown out the candles... I hope it changes back to what it smells like in the bottle!

Dry: my skin is really picky with Strawberry. The blown out candles scent has faded to the back but it isn't as sickly sweet as it was in the bottle. As I'm writing this I've already sold my bottle. I was considering keeping it just to wear it in a locket but decided against it. I'm just PO it isn't working on my skin :( it has such great potential. I am so envious of the people who it does work on... grrr

A little goes a long way here folks! Lot's of fake strawberry and vanilla, though I have to say that it is better than Sprinklecake. Lasts insanely long, it's not too bad, I can see foodies going head over heels on this one, it's definitely 'pink'.

when i was younger there was a rabbit that popped up on the tv screen one day

drinking strawberry milk with a straw...it left an impression and i remember the desire to have what he was having.

i had to blind purchase this on its release, i mean: pink! and the description, so sweet!

this blend makes me very happy, and it made me remember that funny rabbit, i use it sparingly, to savor it and on days i most need the comfort of my childhood memories. the strawberry cream

with swirls of vanilla turn into pink frosting as the day progresses.

i cherish this yummy little bottle! :heart:

Edited by vox pop

Add me to the Pink Moon camp. My bottle got used up long ago, and VPSC is a close comparison. Thankfully, I get no 'butter' or 'cream' notes, both of which turn stale/rancid/ick on me. Instead, the initial punch is that of pink fondant; it's a rather dry sweetness, but still fragrant. On my skin and dry, it's fresh, moist strawberry cake. I cannot compare it to Beaver Moon because that blend didn't like me; it's a bit of the cake feel from Eat Me, but more fake. It's hyper-sweet, and definitely has the synesthetic equivalent of pink. I am also wishing it had more staying power, but the hour or two I get from a quick swipe is still enjoyable.

I love Very Pink Surprise Cake, but I seem to enjoy almost anything that has a cake scent to it.   It's all strawberry milk powder and a sweet, slightly dry cake batter.  It is the most artificial and Easy Bake Oven-y cake, but it's so fun, cheerful, and still tasty smelling.  A little like Possets' Pink Cake, but this is more artificial and reminds me of that pink bubblegum children's medicine a bit in the drydown. 

Pink, creamy, sweet, fun fragrance.

Edited by Little Bird

Pink. Definitely smells pink. Almost fake strawberry or cherry or something with a white cake made pink. I appreciate it as a slightly different cake scent for me. Kinda just dries down to pink cake ‍♀️

On my skin, it smells like boozy strawberries and vanilla cake. Like someone spilled an alcoholic beverage on a cake. The more it dries, the more I get a yucky buttery undertone. Final dry down smells like butter and booze. :(

This is one of the best cake BPALs I have ever tried! A delicious and super sugary pink strawberry and vanilla cake. The icing smells like buttercream, and it's very icing heavy at first but dries down to be more of a cake scent.

Would love to upgrade this. So much nicer than I expected.

My partner’s response~
”You smell good, like Christmas, the best Christmas. The Christmas where candy canes are the main theme, just without mint. You smell like the fruit candy canes.”

Then, we both confirmed we never liked the fruit candy canes, laughing. 

“You still smell very good.” :princess:

It’s boxed strawberry cake to me, with creamy icing. I’m surprised the sugar isn’t too much! Some how it’s all working well on my skin AND has lasted a good while. That’s impressive. It’s rare for me to find a cake scent that works well and lingers long enough to enjoy. 
And now, I’m getting flashbacks to birthday parties when I was young..... that’s what I get for reading through all the reviews. :yum:

One of the most fun scents I’ve tested in a while! 

Oooh. This is indeed a lovely, nostalgia-and-full-of-frosting-type pink cake. The batter smells very real, There's that buttery, sugery thick frosting I used to make as a kid - and the pink is kiiiind of artificial. BUT! The best king of artificial, edible, bright pink out there, not a gross one or neccesarily bubblegum-y one, there's something strawberry ish about this pink. 

Wasn't expecting to like this as much as I do, but boy do i!! So very fun. 

Edited by Cali