Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ModderRhu

Lily Witch

Lilith named this scent, and said this perfume should smell like witches. Her interpretation is swathed in anise, lime, almond, and witchin’ herbs, and holds a bouquet of pale, graceful lilies. The end result is a sweet, nutty absinthe’d lime with a hint of spice and leather.

This was an instant love at NYCC. :wub2: It's like almondy lime cookies. Good balance of sweet + tart. Very well blended. Whatever witchin' herbs are in there only help this blend. No lillies apparent. Easy to like.

agree above with the almond lime cookies. this is a very sweet and bright buttery cookie scent. there's a petite waft of lilies after drydown.

I expected a combination of haute macabre and pere fouttard or something weirdly similar, but what I get when I wear it is cookies!

And while this scent says witching herbs and mini mag says kitchen spices, this scent had more spices to me and mini mag had a weird herbal secret back note. But I might have just been confused when I tested them the same night.

Sweet foody lime buttery cookies that fade. this is fun, but completely different than what I expected. I thought it would be darker, but it's a lilith's little girls' scent, and instead it's bright and fun and just a touch silly.

OMG! In the imp, this smells EXACTLY like these lime-creme-filled shortbread cookies I was obsessed with in college! On me, there's a blast of almond that turns into lime and herbs with a tiny hint of lilies. I no longer get that fantastic cookie scent I loved :( It turns to sour lilies in short order. Why couldn't I get the lovely almondy lime cookies?!

I get a fair amount of almond actually in this blend, followed by lilies, with touches of anise and herbs. It ends up as a mix of almond and what I'd consider a sophisticated white cologne. It was comforting, female, and just enough of the ephemeral to let you know that something special is bound to happen.

Lily Witch smells like an adult female, one that is used to having one foot in one realm and one foot in another.

In the decant it is really nice lime cookies to my nose and I really like lime so I was hoping for a more tart fruity floral smell once it hit my skin. But the moment it hit my skin I couldn't even stand it. It gave me this overwhelming wave of nausea and I really wanted to wait until dry down to fully give a opinion but as it progressed it just got worse and worse. The mixture of the lily, lime and this almost bitterness from the almond just really doesn't like me at all and I am not a fan of this one. Off to the swaps or sale pile with this.

Edited by Haltija

In the imp: Yeah, lime almond cookies.

Wet on skin: Mmmmmmmmm............ still lime,almonds, and sugar. It's not quite cookie-ish here. The sugar's definitely there, but it's softened by...... the lilies? Something floral.

Dried down: Getting more floral now. There's the tiniest hint of the absinthe, and I can find the spice and leather if I look for it.

Throw: Nice almondy floral. Very strong on the florals and light on the almonds now.

Verdict: **** This started out a 5 but faded to a 4. I actually really like this scent, but the lime almond cookie scent that it started off as was more special than the almond-whiffed lilies I ended up with. It's nice, but it doesn't make me say "wow!" I might try to find a bottle of this later, though.

Way too much (of what I think is) almond for me. If you're not a fan of almond, this one is not for you in my opinion. Everything else was completely overshadowed to my nose which made me sad because it sounded like such an interesting combo.

Edited by barilace

this is a bright lime-y almond with a hint of nuttiness. soon after it gets a more absinthe feel and turns a bit medicinal. it gets even more medicinal and starts to smell like the dreaded bathroom cleaner (this hasn't happened to me in so long!) i think perhaps the combination of lilies and anise are the culprit there, unfortunately.

OH MY GOOOOOOOOOOOOD.

I love, love, love this. The almond is the star of the opening act, but it's quickly balanced out by the fabulous lime/absinthe/et cetera. For once, anise is not stomping on everything else, it's just giving a nice boost, a hint of freshness. This is so beautifully blended, and somehow it is bringing Voodoo to mind. It's like a lighter, fresher, more feminine version of Voodoo. Or maybe I'm just crazy, it's been a while since I've worn that one, but the lime and almond are evoking it for me, especially in the early stages.

On the drydown the lily becomes the focus, but this normally-overpowering floral remains nicely balanced by the other elements.

Gah, I am loving this and so damn happy I blind-bought a bottle. YAY, ME.

It is utterly unique to my collection. I adore the label, too.

:wub2:

Wet, it's almond with the lime popping out. Dry, it's mostly lime with a bit of leather, which in some weird way reminds me C. Auguste Dupin. I don't really get the anise or absinthe (because that is a no scent for me), but something a little herbally. Limey herbal with a tad of leather holding it down.

eta: Lilies. I don't think I recognized lilies as this smells nothing like my spider lily, but it's similar enough for me to place it. So, all of the above with lilies. Would be pretty for spring and oh, the changes this one goes through is amazing!

Edited by samarablackcat

Lilies and almonds at first. I wish it stayed that way, I love that combo, but something comes in to make this blend like strong perfume, a la avon. No distinct note, but STRONG. Strong flowers, strong musk, strong herbs. Yuk. Not for me.

Wow, so (almost) everyone else is getting cookies and I'm not. This is like the total opposite of all the other things!

Anyways, on with the review...

Wet: Strong bitter almond. Boozy, but not sweet. There’s something a bit off-smelling here.

Drydown: More bitter almond, but not quite as boozy now. There’s the bitter-tartness of lime rind and a touch of dark sort-of-sweetness from the anise too. Altogether, this is one strange and curious concoction. Heady lily makes itself known a few minutes in, then slowly grows in strength.

Dry: Heady (and I mean heady!) lily over smooth almond and a strange, disjointed mix of herbs and spices. I want to say cumin is in there, and charred firewood too. This is such a bizarre combination of notes. I want to like it, and I think I would if anything but the lily and almond were at its heart. Unfortunately, the those two do a good job of smothering the rest. Earthy, floral, and oppressive.

6 out of 10 bones

Herbal leathery sweet lime cookies? Lily doesn't get prominent until it starts to fade. Odd, but I don't hate it. Don't like it enough to upgrade, but it's nice and interesting. The leather is a little too strong for my tastes, which is a little weird because in my experience that note tends to fade a lot with aged blends. If you really like herbal notes, lillies, and leather, this is great!