Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Ina Garten Davita

Ghost Houses

Last year, Lilith visited Lafayette Cemetery No. 1 in the Garden District with us. As she walked among the vaults and tombs, she announced to us, When I get older, Im going to help ghosts fix their houses.

Marble, wild grasses, rusted iron, white clover, coneflowers, and daisies filtered through a sepulchral mist.

I ordered a decant of this when the Lilith scents went live. Having sniffed it last night at DSWC, I had to have a bottle then and there.

This scent whispers "final resting place." It's ghostly and eerie, yet grounded by the scent of the marble and iron which gives it a faintly mineral smell. Grassy and softly herbal-floral, just beautiful. It's a unique scent that is very New Orleans, the place (not the BPAL scent.)

Very good staying power and throw. :wub:

We're spending Thanksgiving in New Orleans, this perfume will be in heavy rotation that trip.

Clover and sweet wildflowers with barely a hint of grass. I am not picking up on the iron or marble, but probably only because my nose does not have a template for them. There is absolutely more to this scent, I am just having trouble naming what it is. It definitely has a ghostly quality to it, as well as a sweet green herb vibe. As a rule of thumb, I hate florals. However, I adore the scent of clover and this does not disappoint. It reminds me of rural upstate NY in the spring or summer.

This was almost all grass, lots and lots of grassy grass, with a touch of what had to be cold iron. Evocative and both haunting and comforting, oddly enough.

This is mainly green grass and various flowers on me. Not that I mind, it's very beautiful as it is!

The amazing thing in this scent is that I very clearly get the rusted iron and the sepulchral mist, but they are just beautiful and comfortable and not sharp at all. In fact it seems like the whole scent is flowers covered by ghostly mist. So evocative of the concept. It's just so pretty!

It doesn't last very long on my skin, but while it's there it's really nice.

Purchase: Imp from a decant circle

In the imp: Green grass with white blooming flowers. A very soft, almost innocent, scent.

Test Area: Inside crook of elbow

Wet: Grass takes a back seat and those white flowers BLOOM! It’s losing that soft innocence from the imp and starting to get a cold, almost bittersweet, tone, I wonder if that’s the marble or mist note. I’m vaguely reminded of The Silver Stream from the Coraline collection, it has the same soft floral bittersweet feeling. Though Ghost Houses is on the more vegitation side, while The Silver Stream is more on the aquatic side.

Dry down: The florals have stopped screaming for attention and it has gone nice and earthy. I’m now getting that feeling of flowers left at an old grave. So far I am getting a nice bit of throw, don’t have to get close to my arm at all to smell this!

1 hour later: This has taken on a nice ethereal, earthy scent. The florals do peak through every so often to give it a nice soft sweetness. The large throw has remained with a good staying power!

Thoughts: I really like this scent; it’s soft and spectral without having to hunt to smell it! Not sure if I’ll need a bottle, but I am very happy to have an imp of this.

In the imp: Light and sweet. I can get the hint of stone and iron here, but it's just the lightest edge mineralizing the flowers.

Wet on skin: Floral with an edge of mineral.

Dried down: Ok, this is nice. Very floral, not really sweet, with just a touch of stone.

Throw: Light and floral.

Verdict: *** 1/* I do really like this, but... again, it's just not leaping out at me with specialness. I might want a bottle of this, but I thinkI can wait and see if I can pick one up secondhand.

Oh, oh, oh. So I get grass, coneflowers, daisies, and I swear a touch of dirt. This is very Host of Air-like, but less airy and definitely more grounded. In feel, it sort of feels more like the Silver Stream from the Coraline blend though.

It is a very pensive and contemplative blend, slightly somber but encapsulates the very notion of walking through a cemetery and realizing these were people, and now this is their home, and you are visiting at the moment.

In the decant: Lots of grass, white flowers, and what I believe to be the rusted iron note.

Wet: The grass and the white floral notes jump out at me first. The white floral notes dominate, and the mist note makes an appearance.

Dry: White florals, mist, iron, and a bit of the marble note.

Verdict: I just had to try this one due to the story behind it! I am glad that I was able to try it, but I don't feel like I need more of this.

I confess I was expecting a stonier scent, closer to placaphobia or rending of the rock, but what I got was a pretty white floral. not much sweetness, just enough throw. lovely! although not the type of scent I ususally reach for, I'll very much enjoy my decant.

In the bottle: Clean, cotton-y scent with light greeny leaves, and the zest of Irish Spring soap.

Wet on my skin: There's more of a plant smell with the leafy greens - certainly more of a clover and light grass scent. It also smells "wetter", in general, though in a clean freshwater way rather than the usual lab aquatic notes.

Drydown: Opens up to be more robust and floral - this is the first point where I really can pick out the flowers. Definitely clover-green with the occasional undertone of something sharp, which is probably the rust note.

I was very happy with how well this scent came together - the throw is average to above average, which actually puts it as way stronger than most others I've tried in this scent family. Which is great- they're usually lighter than I wish they were! Duration is average for me, several good strong hours then a fade to a floral burndown that it still pretty easy to pick up. This turned into a bottle purchase for me!

Decant: GREEN! Sharp Green

Wet On Me: seriously sharp greent. Almost antiseptic

Drying Down: still sharp green with hints of the clover and daisies

Dry: Green and daisies….and that slight hint of marble.

Finally testing my decant. This is too white floral and sharp green for me, sadly, although I shouldn't be surprised since none of these notes are my style. It's springy and fresh, and I can appreciate it for that, but it's not something I will likely wear.

Florals on me, very lily-like, but I see that there are not flowers like that at all here. Maybe a bit of grass, but mostly lilies. Very fresh and clean.

At first Ghost Houses is a pretty white floral. It's got different floral notes that I can't identify, except maybe the lily. It starts out more simple and clean. But then after it has mingled with my skin chemistry for a while, it becomes more complex and well balanced. It's slightly sweet in a clean floral sort of way, soft and slightly warm with resin. It's exactly what I expected Lady Amalthea to smell like. I smell like a super fancy lady who is secretly a unicorn.

On me, Ghost Houses is mostly magnolia with a tinge of dewy grass. It is soft, sweet, and lovely.