Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
ClockworkMoM

Goofballs

This one – name, scent, and photo selection - is entirely Lilith’s. She wanted this scent to smell like “how friendship feels when you’re hanging out in the grass.” Per Lilith’s description: “wet grass and sunshine, dogs and wood, and my feet in warm dirt and flowers I pick.”

I must say- Lilith described this perfectly (although I am thankful for no wet dog smell :) ). This is sunshine and warm grass after a light storm. It is joyful and light. The wet and dry stages are similar, with a scent of warm, wet, sweet grass. There is a hint of floral (wildflowers?) and a hint of wood to keep the blend well-grounded. I also get a faint loamy scent, which I guess is from the dirt note. The dominant note on me is the sweet grass. Overall, this is such a happy blend, which just makes me smile and want to go play in the dewy grass!

In the imp: Dirt. Lots of dirt. And something lemony. That bit does remind me of sunshine.

Wet on skin: Yeah, this is the dirty corn cob dirt note I get from most of the dirt blends.

Dried down: Still dirt.

Throw: Not getting any throw at this point, but I'm ok with that.

Verdict: ** I kinda figured from the dirt note, but this one is not for me.

Oh my gosh, I love this so much :wub3: This was the Lillith I was the most excited about, and it smells exactly like I hoped it would -- dandelions and dirt. It's less like fresh cut grass to my nose and more like dandelions yanked out of the ground, with dirt clods still clinging to their roots. I've been wearing it all day and it's mellowed a bit, but it's still got that fresh planty bite. This scent reminds me so much of being a kid and playing outside all day :) I adore this and may end up needing a backup bottle. I've been regretting missing out on the Wild Dandelion SN but this might be better!

Grass, sunshine, something lemony and dirt.

There's also something in here that smells like clean laundry. And as it dries, I get a bit of red licorice wafting throughout the blend.

It smells like outside, sunshine, and candy.

this starts out smelling of dirt and grass. gorgeous warm bpal dirt and grass. feels just like being outside in the sun.

as it dries down, a sweet floral note comes out, and becomes stronger as the dirt note fades.

the end result is the cousin to butterflies, flowers and jewels attending and ava.

very lovely and a total mood brightener. one of my favorites from this year's liliths.

(strangely, I don't smell any dog at all)

Just ordered a bottle of Goofballs because I love its simplicity and its loved, happy feeling. This is clean fresh springtime grass on me, no more, no less, and yet still so much. Damn it's good!

I wore Goofballs for the first time today. It was 12 degrees, with a -9 windchill, but this warm, happy summer scent made me think of summer! It really does smell like grass, dirt and dandelions with a touch of musk and a light floral that I can't pinpoint. A very evocative scent that makes me think of summer--and summers of my childhood, in particular. Well done!

Yup, grass and dirt. Not a problem, as I like these two notes, more as an atmosphere blend than something I would wear, but this is still nice.

It smells like... the dirt component of Down the Rabbit Hole atmosphere spray, including the grassiness.

There is a subtle background like Coyote, but not that strong.

It's very nice! I love DtRH spray, so this is perfect for light wear.

I am glad I got two bottles.

definitely grass, wetter and heavier than Bub, dirt and flowers (vague flowers) under the layer of grass.

Green grass, dirt, and a hint of floral scented laundry soap, like smelling damp laundry on a breeze after it has been hung out to dry. I usually don't like green or soapy scents, but this isn't sharp and the clean undertone isn't overwhelming. I really like the dirt, green and floral notes, and it does make me think of playing outside in the summer when I was younger. Only lasts a couple hours, but I like wearing this when I'm missing warmer weather. It's a carefree, happy scent that perfectly captures its theme to me.

This is one I've tested several times, but had neglected to review. It starts off strong on the dirt and crushed grass, with a smattering of wildflowers that become more noticeable once the dirt and grass finally calm down. It is evocative of warm days in the sun with a dog that was just digging up a flowerbed or a hole in a meadow. Not something I need a bottle of, but I'll be holding on to my decant. :) 

Edited by doomsday_disco

I received this as a frottle from the lab and wasn't quite sure what to expect! Green scents can be very hit or miss for me, but the lab seems to turn out some green hits for me and given the backstory of this I couldn't wait to put it on.

I have a best friend I'm incredibly close to, so reading the description that it was about how friendship feels hanging out in the grass my heart got happy. Especially since fluffy dogs were included!

On the initial application, it is very grassy! Yet within minutes a warmth comes out, making the grass less sharp. There is something about this fragrance that, even without the description, smells incredibly uplifting and comforting. It truly catches the image of having a picnic in a field with friends that you love!

This is a special fragrance if you are into this sort of image. I'm so glad I got the chance to own a bottle, and should I ever see it again, would definitely spring for a backup. Since it's a bit on the lighter side (like many green blends), I'm finding myself reapplying it a lot because I love it that much.

Edited by Kanra