Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Blueberry Picking

I wanted to go with a less-literal name for this scent, but Lilith vetoed me! My little monster is a tremendous help around the garden. She helps me water, plant, and deadhead the flowers, but by far… harvesting is her favorite chore.

Sun-warmed, slightly squishy blueberries plus overgrown grass, overgrown honeysuckle, overgrown lavender, overgrown lemon verbena, and a smattering of un-pulled weeds.

Mmmmm. I get fresh, realistic blueberry initially and then lots of lemon verbena, which I love. This is fresh and beautiful, no lavender that I could detect - or perhaps just a whisper. It smells of sunshine and happiness and you need some. I almost got a bottle at NYCC and I may still order one...and I don't usually like berry scents at all.

First blast is definitely blueberry rather than any other berry. I then also get the lemon verbena, but no lavender.

Once dry, I also get a full blown scent memory of hiding in undergrowth in the woods as a child, roaming around playing on my own, which has brought tears to my eyes. A keeper.

As soon as I read the description, it was love! I still love going home and going blueberry picking in my Mom's overgrown and weedy garden.

In the bottle: fresh ripe juicy no-candy blueberries

Wet: blueberries are still all up front and on top, but there's something underneath that's grassy, and the lemon verbena is quick to assert itself.

Dry: I never picked up on the lavender, but it's so lovely, I think the lemon verbena almost threatens at time to overwhelm the blueberry, but it's such a great blueberry and it hangs around, little peeks of the honeysuckle and grassiness show up as it dries down. It is a very sunny bright scent, very evocative. LOVE!

Ok. I've worn this several times trying to figure out a good description.

Very blueberry to begin with. And the lemon verbena makes it sort of fuzzy and bubbly.

As it dries, the honeysuckle comes out more, it is quite subtle though. And later the grass comes through more.

Just like everyone has said.

Lovely delicate, subtle, not too fruity.

This came as part of my first order, and is my first review as well. :)

Origin: Straight from the lab.

In the bottle: You can be holding this 3 feet away and as soon as you open the bottle

fresh ripe crushed blueberry assaults your senses in the most pleasant of ways.

Wet: Blueberry quickly (too quickly for my liking) morphing almost bubble-gummy (the real sugar kind) then stepping back for honeysuckle

and lemon verbena to have their moment.

Dry: Honeysuckle-bubble gum-verbena with a tiny undercurrent of blueberry running through.

This dries down and wears to be very close to the skin. It softens on me into a delicious honeysuckle bubblegummy suede on me.

Crazy but I'm mad about it. Will be purchasing another bottle asap. :wub2:

Edit: I am so curious about how this will age. I've heard that scents can be "quiet" straight from the lab. Looking

forward to its metamorphosis!

Edited by petrichorandleather

Purchase: Imp from a decant circle

In the imp: Very realistic blueberry with just a hint of the lemon verbena. Very bright, sunny and fun!

Test Area: Inside crook of elbow

Wet: First sniff smelled of blueberry bubblegum. Thankfully the bubblegum note quickly evaporated, and now I am getting greenery with florals and a hint of blueberry. Out of the florals I’m picking up on lavender the most, though it’s not very strong.

Dry down: The lemon verbena is back and taking center stage. Sadly the bubblegum note is starting to come back as well. >.< The green and floral notes have blended nicely and I can’t pick out any individual one. I’m reminded of sitting near some fragrant bushes on a summer day chewing bubblegum.

1 hour later: The blueberry bubblegum moved back in and decided to stay. Thankfully it isn’t sugar sweet, but still sweeter then I prefer. The lemon verbena flits in and out, and I can’t smell much of the florals. Very small throw, and has faded a bit over the hour.

Thoughts: I think this is the first perfume with berry in it that hasn’t made me run away screaming! I do wish the perfume stayed closer to what it smelled like in the imp, instead of my skin turning it into blueberry bubblegum. Sorry imp, off to the swap box you go.

In the imp: Fruit and herbs. I smell the blueberry, but I don't think I would have gotten that if I hadn't know there was blueberry in it. I think I'm getting more of the honeysuckle and lemon verbena. F said it smelled like candy, and when I mentioned blueberry, he did he smelled more citrus.

Wet on skin: Well, I'm definitely getting the unpulled weeds here.I'm still getting the fruit, but it's definitely much more herbal here.

Dried down: As it dries down, the honeysuckle and lemon verbena are getting much stronger. I like it.

Throw: The honeysuckle and lemon verbena. This one has a nice strong throw.

Verdict: **** I do like this a lot, especially now that it's mostly the honeysuckle and lemon verbena. But I don't think I'd reach for it over others.

Seriously? Wet this smells like juicy fruit snacks I used to adore as a kid, that were actually made with real fruit juices. They were amazing and the company stopped making them. As it dries, my goodness, the lemon verbena is prominent, which is wonderful for me because I adore lemon everything. I do have to say the lemon is quite strong, almost air freshner strong, but I don't mind it. It definitely reminds me of frolicking in my garden this past summer, but brings back memories of gardening with my mom and grandma as a child. I can definitely see myself reaching for this while longing for summer over the winter months.

I really and truly wanted to love this. On wet, I get loads of blueberry and lemon, a fair amount of lavender but it just smells fresh. This is a sunny, green, fresh blend. This smells like an afternoon picking berries in the sunlight.

As it dries, it turns more into a heavy lemon candy blend. In some ways, it reminds me to Lemon Scented Sticky Bat.

Fresh, summery, lemon.

This reminds me a great deal of Boo Bam. Less booze, obviously, but the same tart sweetness. Unlike Boo Bam, this has staying power. I'm not getting a bottle, but I'm happy with the imp.

In the decant: Lots of blueberry and lemon verbana, sweetened by the presence of the honeysuckle note. It smells very candy-like. It reminds me of something, but I don't know what!

Wet: I do get the 'sun-warmed' and 'slightly squished' parts of the blueberry note, but then the lemon verbana becomes the dominant note, and the blueberry. The honeysuckle note adds some sweetness to the scent, and a bit of a grassy note starts to emerge over time. I'm not really getting any lavender at this point.

Dry: Mainly lots of lemon verbana, with hints of blueberry, the floral notes, and a bit of grass.

Verdict: I am glad that the blueberry note wasn't problematic for me! This one really does make me think of summer and sunshine. I don't really think I need another sweet lemon scent (as I already have Happy Baby in a Long Dress, and I have to be pickier about what I get bottles of now), but this is nice. I will be keeping my half-decant.

In imp: blueberry and lemon!! So pretty, I hope it stays fresh smelling when applied

Will update when I get to try

In the bottle it's really realistic blueberry scent with a hint of lemon verbena, but when it's wet on my skin, the lemon verbena takes over and I can't really pick up any other notes for a moment. When it dries down, lovely lavender becomes noticeable, but I can't really smell that much of blueberry anymore, and lemon verbena still dominates the scent. There's a slight smell of honeysuckle and grass too.

It's sweet, green and fresh, slightly floral scent. Sadly, after few minutes, it started to burn my skin for some reason so I had to wash it off :(

Blueberries and honeysuckle with a very faint undercurrent of mown lawn. It's pretty sharp and first, but I like that this dries down to a non-foodie fruit and sun smell that is not overly sweet.

At first smell in the bottle/imp it smells like juicy ripe blueberries with a hint of bubblegum sweetness. A very blue, sweet and clean smell.

On my skin it's berries and sweet lemon. Hints of floral and lavender. A very clean, green, sweet and berry scent. Gorgeous :heart:

I love this! I get lavender, blueberries and lemon. A very nice light and sweet warm weather scent. I think I will bring it with me on my next cruise.

Lovely blueberry/lemon/lavendar tea. It's probably how my nose is interpreting the green note, but it actually smells like there's tea in here. I *love* tea.

This is the first berry scent I've been able to wear since I started amping the sage in Bewitched.

This one is strong on the blueberry and citrus! It feels fresh and childlike and summery. It doesn't actually morph very much as it dries, though.

It really encapsulates the feel of high summer for me; it's a little fresh, and little green, and a lot of sweetness.

Lemon verbena is definitely the strongest note for me. I do amp this one, but in the imp and when I put it on I get a bit of a blueberry-lemonade blend that is immediately engulfed in a tide of lemon verbena. Very citrussy and bright, a little sharp and green. When I sniff it I back up a little because it definitely smells grassy, and I am definitely allergic to grass.

This is a very outdoorsy scent, very fresh and clean. I wish I got more blueberry (but the only scent I've ever gotten lots of blueberry was the Blue Phoenix prototype, so it may just be a note that doesn't work well for me), but I knew going in that lemon verbena could be a problem since it hardly ever plays nice with other notes for me.

Beautiful grassy verbena with a hint of blueberry but only for the first 5 minutes. Weird, no lavender and the blueberry disappears almost instantly. Maybe its my decant? It is really nice but i would have enjoyed the lavender/blueberry scent in addition to the verbena and grass.

Decant: sunshine.

Wet On Me: Blueberry at the first part of the inhale then the grass/weeds and then the lavender and verbena

Drying Down: less blueberry and green and more soft honeysuckle.

Dry: soap. Honeysuckle sunshine soap

Wet: Somewhat artificial blueberry, but still sweet, kinda like SweetTarts. Some light flower notes in the back. Guess that would be some of the lemon verbena, too. Overall, a really happy smell. Has somewhat of the same start as Bones Trombone, minus the vanilla/pie.

Drydown: Some of the lavender comes out, ends up smelling a bit like clean soap. Honeysuckle is in the background, too. Blueberry isn't very detectable. It's still a fun scent that doesn't have a big throw. Definitely reminds me of summer days.

Dry: Honeysuckle and grass. Maybe a hint of the lavender keeping it clean. And the lemon-verbena kinda bringing it all together. Definitely wouldn't consider this a foodie smell. But, if you're a foodie kinda person that can't do flowery normally, I feel like this is a step towards that. Fresh flowers without being overpowering or headache-inducing.

Edited by Carrie

This is one of my favorites. such a fresh and happy scent! I get lemon verbena and grassy flowers, with maybe the slightest tinge of lavender and blueberries. very beautiful and complex.

I so wish the blueberries didn't die so quickly :(

In the bottle and when first applied, the squishy blueberries are so realistic, and it smells like a summery day in the countryside, with just enough greenery going on...buuuut, sadly the blueberries vanish, and the weeds and lemoniness go completely rampant, turning it into a bitter green soapy nightmare. At that point I rubbed it off on my jeans, and what's left now smells identical to a Lush bathbomb I got for christmas, the round navy blue one with a yellow moon on one side - I think it's basically a lavender scent now, with a hint of lemon.

If there was a squishy blueberry single note, I would be all over it, but this is just too full of weeds on my skin :(

I tried this out of the mail when I first got my decant but it was way to lemony for my tastes so I decided to put it away for a while. Trying it again!

Like last time, starts off veeeeery lemony, which is making me frown. I can catch the lavender, too. It's like a Somnium blend which isn't a bad thing but it's not what I wanted out of this blend. Once it dries, however, I get wonderful weeds. This is more what I was hoping for except there's no blueberry! I wanted a mix of the blueberries and grass and weeds.

Actually, wait, it's all weeds on my right wrist but it's a warm mix of lemon and honeysuckle on my left. :lol: Skin chem is weird. They both smell nice, though.

Overall? Not really a fan of the wet stage lemon explosion but it's pretty lovely when dry! It's not what I expected but I like it. I'm definitely keeping my decant. :D