Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dedee

Avunculus

Orange blossom honey, white coconut, and pear with flecks of golden amber that glimmers like sunlight on water.

Wow! Initially, it was very white-floral and I had to go look up the notes 'cause I was like, "wha?" Then I'm like, oh, orange blossom honey. I'd say I'm about an hour in and I'm getting mostly honey with faint coconut and maybe some amber. I think I smelled the pear early on, but it didn't register as pear at the time. Now that I'm looking for it, it's mayyyybe a bit of fruitiness in the background. Oh, and there it went to powder. :( I love everything about this, except that. :'(

(Maybe scent locket?)

Wet in bottle, kind of strong perfume with supporting green notes. Reading the notes I'm not sure which note is coming across so strong. Wet on skin it does not change and the offensive note that do not recognize remains through dry down.

Edited by gchris

Wet: OMG this is amazing. I don't know where this citrus is coming from, but it is citrus (like Satsuma) mixed with coconut and honey, and it's fabulous. Sadly, I think it's morphing already, and some green is coming out. Which is lovely. I just wanted it to stay exactly as it was.

Dry: Lighter than it originally was, but lovely. This smells like summer. A tiny bit floral, a tiny bit green, The orange blossom is actually detectable in the honey. But mostly this is fruity/citrusy coconut, bright and frothy. I love it, and will be using it a lot this summer!

I don't care for the orange blossom honey, because the floral honey + citrus just makes me think of cough drops. I don't smell any coconut or pear, but there's a warm, powdery amber in the drydown. Not one of my favorites.

I have been trying to track this one down for a long time. Orange blossom is so special to me, having given birth to my kiddo in California. It's so beautiful it reminds me of all the warm spring days spent in Disney, the honey goes a bit weird on me as honey can depending on the blend but the orange blossom is strong enough to keep it in check. Really nostalgic scent for me I love it.