Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Single Note: Stage Blood

This was surprisingly delightful!

Wet it's cherry, dragon's blood and an intense lemony juiciness. My husband thinks this stage is overwhelming but it made me feel invigorated. It's very bright and tart but becomes gradually less intense through dry down.

Eventually I'm left with a soft dragon's blood with just a kiss of faint cherry and the ghost of citrus past. It's not, in my mind, sexy or complex. Instead it's direct and cheerful. I like it!

I went through all the reviews, but none of them depict what Stage Blood smells to me,

I get a dusty creamy spicy sweetness out of it. I suspect there's some clove and a dribble of dragon's blood and something else that renders the sweetness. There can't be cherry since cherry smells like almonds. Musk could be thrown in the mix as well, since the base has a musky quality to it.

I'm happy i got this blend since it didn't turn out smelling what i expected it to smell in the first place. Win!

In bottle: Red and orange gummy worms! (With a bit of lemon) 

Wet on skin: Cherry and Dragon's Blood (I'm in love with this) 

Dry: Okay, after about a half hour to forty-five minutes this changes completely to an awful almond/powder make-up smell that I really hate. (Oddly enough, this part actually reminds me a lot of actual stage blood.) Reminds me of cleaning fake blood off of actors' costumes backstage. 

Dry (after an hour and a half): Okay there we go! This has mellowed to a lovely cherry/dragon's blood scent. Thankfully, now that it's aged a while it's fantastic. Really glad I held onto the bottle! 

Edited by lipstickonmyteeth92
adding text

This is so beautiful! When first applied, it strongly smells of cherry and orange syrup, but the dry stage makes the dragon's blood note and some powder come through too. I think there might be some incense in this as well, or something similar like maybe patchouli?

Cherry is definitely the strongest note on this, next to the dragon's blood. It's a very sweet scent that reminds me of slushies and candy. Even if you're not a powder fan, this note didn't last very long on me. 

Kicking myself for passing on a bottle, will keep an eye out for another one to pour my decant in. This was a great pick me up after a horrible day 💗.

Agree with the first review up here, spot on: a strong dragon's blood coupled with lemon and cherry candies! Unfortunately goes a bit plasticy on my skin, but this is such a happy sweet scent!

Edited by Cali

An initial blast of gloriously punchy cherry! 

BPAL’s black cherry often goes wonky on my so I love when they use other cherry notes instead. This one is so damn delicious and fun! Almost a fizzy quality, this kind of reminds me of a school dance (chocolates  and fruit punch lol).

I definitely smell a little chocolate (I normally hate chocolate notes but this is just a little swipe of melty Milk chocolate goodness in the background!) totally see where the comparisons to cherry cordial happen. 

Further dry down is cherry candy (like jolly ranchers, a clear hard candy) and a tendril of dragons blood  

cherry fans, this is a must have!

Edited by Rspades