Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
GypsyRoseRed

Single Note: Stage Blood

Yussss. Cherry cordial and dragon's blood make for a juicy scent that oddly enough, totally does remind me of stage blood.

Yummy blood candy! <3

Stage Blood fills a particular scent niche that I've been seeking for quite some time: sexy blood smell. I like it as a halloweenie scent but I think it could be year round, maybe fun for valentines day too.

I do get the resonance with stage blood- it even smells as though it would be sticky.

It opens out a little light and there's almost a note of lemon, but thankfully that disappears soon (not a lemon fan). It quickly deepens into a resinous, warm, cherry/ dragons blood. For a single note this still has some depth and complexity. It's warm-toned and has a medium throw. It stays fairly consistent after dry down and has a pretty long wear time- I could smell this on my sleeve the next day. It reminds me a little of dragons milk but is less obviously sweet. Wish this was part of the general catalogue, I think I'll be reaching for it often. Keeping the bottle, and possibly buying a backup. This is what I wanted OLLA Blood Popsicle to be.

Synopsis: agree with the top reviewer, dragons blood/cherry candy. Droooool.

So I hated this when I opened the bottle, because I was expecting chocolate for some reason. (My mistake!) I'm also not generally a fan of the labs cherry note & to a lesser extent dragons blood.

With all that being said, together they friggin' sing! I love this one! It's sweet sticky spicy cherry candy.

In the bottle: CHERRY GUMMY CANDY

Wet: Still cherry gummy candy. Like whoa.

From there, it settles down, and the sticky-sweet cherry takes a backseat and the scent takes on a much warmer smell. For me, it didn't last long; about three hours after initial application, and it was gone without a trace. However, that could have been because I barely put any on. The gummy cherry was so strong, I was nervous about applying more than a tiny bit.

Overall, the scent does take me back to my production of The Rocky Horror Show last year, when we had a flood of stage blood falling down on one of our actresses (leaving most of our set, props, and ourselves sticky and delicious).

Edited by Hattress

Cherry and dragons blood candy. It kind of smells like a cherry gummy bear to me. I let my Mother smell this one and the first thing she said was "It smells like Skittles" I think she got that from the little bitty soft fruity quality I smell when I inhale deep enough.

It has that syrupy feel and that "red" feel. It's really unique and it morphs on my skin. I am liking this one but I think my decant is enough for now.

Edited by Haltija

I agree with all above, it smells like cherries and dragon's blood in a way that is much nicer than it might sound. I also detect a bit of cinnamon. At this point my son said that it smells "like candy." In the drydown I'm smelling mostly a lovely dragonsblood with just a slight hint of tart sweetness from the cherry.

On me, this is straight-up cherry sherbert. It's sweet and fizzy when wet and on the drydown, it becomes juicy and slightly smoky. Gorgeous.

I can definitely see the cheery sherbet comparison, but this also reminds me strongly of Lik-M-Aid Fun Dip- sweet and sour cherry candy all the way.

In the bottle it's got that karo-syrup sweetness that yes, I would associate with stage blood. But then it's gets fizzy, reminding me of cherry poprocks and maybe goes *slightly* lemony (but really, that lemon is an afterthought).

As it finishes the dry down, the fizz remains, if in a slightly more subdued manner and the scent becomes slight more sophisticated- but not by much. Mostly, this is a strangely adult-flavor of poprocks. Consume by the handful- IF YOU DARE. ;)

This is almost a dead ringer for Hawaiian Punch when wet. It has the same sheer, fruity, slightly powder-y smell that Hawaiian Punch has. I think I smell some dragon's blood as it dries.

This is a fun, properly campy scent but I'm not sure I'm going to keep my bottle. I can't really see myself wearing this on its own and for layering purposes I'm much more likely to reach for the richer, smoother Suck It, which is also a simple "red" scent.

Edited by riddel

In bottle: Very, Very cherry and orange candy, likely with dragon’s blood. There is no chance of this working on me so no skin test.

Cherry and dragon's blood with a heaping amount of sugar. Think crushed cherry candies swirled with dragon's blood. I'm sort of surprised how much I don't hate this considering it just cherries and DB.

All you DB lovers out there, and if you loved Dragon's Milk - this has that same dragon's blood note but instead of creamy milk, its all crystalline sugar.

To me, Stage Blood smells EXACTLY like pez candy. It's that "red" candy smell with a chalky feel to it. It's pleasant but simple and it doesn't last very long.

On me, this starts off as sticky maraschino cherry juice, powdery sweet tarts candies, and a hint of cinnamon. The drydown just smells a lot like cherry kool-aid powder on my skin. It reminds me of a less cinnamon-y Hideous Heart.

In the bottle: pure cherry. I have run afoul of the Lab's cherry note before, so even though I expected it would be quite cherry I was worried about testing.

On, wet: OH. MY. GODDESS. This is cherry and dragon's blood and something else I can't place, but together they morph into the most glorious, sexy scent EVA. Someone above described it as "sexy blood" and I definitely agree! I can't stop sniffing my hand where I tested it and I absolutely cannot WAIT till I wear it tomorrow. This is a rare back up bottle situation for me. It's like...a romanticized version of a vampire, distilled into a scent.

As it dries down it morphs very little, which pleases me. This is so, so good.

Cherry, for sure. More of the candy cherry than the fruit cherry, but dry, like cherry pixie stix instead of cherry cordial. I also agree with dragon's blood, although I get something vaguely spicy alongside it. I wanted to say "anise" when it was wet, but now that it's drying I'm not entirely positive.

I actually kind of like this, but I'm generally a fan of candy scents and I love dragon's blood. It's not what I expected, but it's very interesting.

cheery cherry dragon's milk!

this is bright, cheerful, playful, strong, sexy, almost over the top and lovely!

it does shift a bit a few hours after wearing, losing much of its brightness and sweetness. I adore the initial stages and am still exploring how I feel about the aftermath. but whenever I sniff this or first put it on, it always makes me smile.

it's very different from the other fake blood bpal, b-horror and also quite different from the other bpal blood scents "blood" and blood popsicle.

Thank you everyone for your reviews, so happy I have this. I know there will be days where the candy goodness of this will be perfect.

Can I just edit to say that this single note is not a single note really, it starts off obnoxious cherry (which I love) with Dragon's Blood and eases into a DB softened by the cherry candy. I am so surprised by how much I love this one, it may break my No Backups rule.

I have been looking for the perfect Dragon's Blood, most of them disappear like poof for me, even my beloved RIP Dragon's Reverie was gone in a half hour, but this one lasts, and morphs beautifully.

Edited by stellamaris

I am so disappointed. I was hoping (and expecting) some sort of cherry and maybe the sweetness of corn syrup? No. All i get is an acrid, salty mess. I have never had a perfume turn my stomach until this one and i am so sad. Maybe i got a bum bottle but yuck.

I don't get any cherry candy or dragon's blood at first... it is overwhelmingly, nauseatingly blood on me for ages (very similar to what I got in blood popsicle, minus the "chilly" aspect). I do eventually get a hint of cherry, but it's fleeting. sad. :(

Edited by inhumation

I get a sort of cherry + lemon from the bottle. I think someone said Pixy Stix (?) and I agree. On my skin, it reminds me a wee bit of Chimera? IDK. Maybe I'm thinking Dragon's Milk instead. Because yes, there's DB here. It's a little too warm and dragon's blood-y for my skin, I think. The toothpick I used for testing retained the initial citrus-cherry-candy scent, though, so this might be a scent locket oil for me.

This scent evokes such a special memory. On my skin...it smells like the Safe T lollipops I used to get as a kid when I went to the bank with my mom or dad. Cherry candy. I love it and will cherish my imp until it is gone. :D

I was not expecting to enjoy the scent of Stage Blood so much! It smells like spicy cherry candy. Maybe slightly sticky spicy cherry candy. It's an unexpected treat!

This one me was a very powdery and headache inducing dusty light cherry. But not really cherry. Not sure how to describe it but I didn't really like it. If it has dragon's blood in it I did not get that at all. It faded fast luckily because I wasn't feeling it sadly. :(

Wet, juicy cherry. Kind of like a slushie cherry that you can get. I'd like to drink something that smells like this! Dry, musk comes out, and its a musky cherry. I'm really liking this blend. It reminds me of Suck It, and kind of like Gothabilly. There's an annoying dustiness that gives me pause, and it does kind of smell like cough syrup. I s tillblike it though!!

Edited by milo

This is not at all what I expected from the above reviews, so either my nose is off, or the blend's pretty different this year.

Upon initial sniffage, syrupy almond and orange and some lemon verbena. Very hard candy. Someone said Hawian Punch earlier, and I get that, but I ain't gett'n no cherry.

On my skin the lemon verbena starts to take over and then *poofs* like it does on me. SB is still bright and sweet, but not as candyish, and a wierd sour/sweet note comes out. I'm not familiar with BPAL's blood note, but I'm guessing this is it. It's sort of off putting to me but not awful. After an hour or so, Stage Blood has almost a caramel smell and that's how it stays on me for hours. It's more foodie, less candy, and warm.

I never got the cherry or dragon's blood I was hope'n for, so booooo for that, but it's still not bad, and I shall keep the imp.

ETA:  Really loved how this ended up aging. Wish they'd do a re-release. Anyone looking to offload a bottle, hit me up.

Edited by VetchVesper