Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Dedee

Visions of Autumn IV

Somalian myrrh, orange blossom, champaca flower, and verbena.

At first wiff out of the bottle all I can smell are orange blossoms, reminding more of Spring time rather than Fall... not that there is anything wrong with that! Applied on my skin I still get the lovely orange smell but within moments the champaca appears with just a slightest touch of the myrrh, and as it dries down it becomes quite floral on me. Though I am a self proclaimed 'foody' this scent is quite lovely. I honestly wasn't expecting that this would be one of the scents I fell in love with tonight! It is a beautiful and light floral scent that I can see myself wearing year round!

Straight from the decant: I get gorgeous orange blossom with a teeny bit of verbena and a dark soothing quality from the myrrh. (It was very promising)

Wet on the skin: WHAT HAS HAPPENED!! It went straight to lemon pledge or lemon soap

Dry on the skin: Still lemon soap

This had the potential to be beautiful on me but it just was a fail. Stupid skin :cry2:

Edited by Haltija

Purchase: Directly from the Lab

In the bottle: Earthy and herbal with a touch of sweetness at the end.

Test Area: Inside crook of elbow

Wet: I’m getting mostly the orange blossoms with a hint of something green and slightly spicy drifting lazily in the background. I’m reminded of a greener, slightly spicier Goatweed Leafwing.

Dry down: The orange blossom has mellowed out, and has blended with the other notes into a nice warm, sweet spicy scent. Very comforting, with a really nice throw!

1 hour later: This stayed very similar to the drydown, with occasional herbal peaks. The throw on this was amazing, I barely had to get my arm close to smell this.

Thoughts: Another amazing Weenie scent! So happy I threw caution to the wind and got a blind bottle purchase. This really reminded a lot of Goatweed Leafwing, but a spicier, warmer, less brown and cuddly cousin. This also smells amazing when paired with the 2014 Sonnet D’Automne.

Wet, I get verbena. I actually had to look at the notes because, whoa, verbena. As it dries, it gets a little powdery, but only for a moment.

Dry, everything blends so seamlessly I cannot pick out any one note.Stays close to the skin, a warm and slightly herbal reminder of the end of summer.

First sniff – this does smell faintly of oranges and incense.

Skin test – goes on with a lot more orange citrus blast than it smelled like in the imp. Usually burns off fast though. Some time later, it's still pretty orangy, but the champaca is starting to mix in. It is staying a citrus scent, I'm guessing it's in part due to the verbena. It reminds me a lot of Wake.

There is at first a blast of sharp orange blossom and verbena. Definitely very sharp!

Later a bit more of the myrrh peaks out, but not by much. It remains a sharp, citric blend, and I'm not really sure that is for me...

Wow, verbena! Visions of Autumn IV is really strong on the verbena and orange blossom, with the myrrh giving resiny depth. The champaca flower I catch from time to time—like flowery incense. It's a pretty fall floral, but it might be a little too much verbena for me. If you're a verbena fan, try this!

In the bottle: High notes, almost citrus-y. A bit like sap of very bright green grasses, and a bare touch of maple scent. It's hard for me to pick out individual notes.

Wet on my skin: Still high and citrusy but with a smoky undertone. Still hard to tease apart the notes.

Drydown: Similar, not much morphing going on: citrus is more prominent on my skin, whereas the little I put in my hair smells more smoky. It skims the border of smelling like a cleaning product, though it doesn't tip over.

Later on: The burndown goes back more to earth and smoke, and what seems to be a bit of the snow-note in the background. The threw was average, the drydown came pretty fast, and it last a few hours total on me. The verbena generally won out with myrrh in the background, without a full-blown "floral" effect at any point…the total effect seems to be very dependent on which pieces of this blend you tend to amp.

Orange blossom, verbena and myrrh. So this one is citrusy florals, hint of lemon and a resinous background. It smells fresh and clean, and reminds me to Jean Nate. Decent throw and wear length.

Bright, citrusy, perfumey.

Wet, this was all orange and lemon with hints of sweet myrrh. Very incense-y on dry down, when the myrrh got kinda woody and it really resembled a wearable nag champa. After an hour or two the florals are very smooth and the sweet myrrh shines. I really wasn't expecting to like this this much and I'm still amazed at what this does on my skin. I love resin and incense blends but this isn't like anything else I have. I'll retest to be sure, but I very well may be getting bottle of this one.

Soapy lemon verbena and nag champa for the first 10 minutes and then...this morphs into such a comforting, smooth verbena-champa scent. I don't get orange blossom or myrrh but this is very nice and will be even nicer if those two notes decide to come forth. Will definitely use up my decant and may need a bottle.

Freshly applied: it reminds me very much of an old-school cologne, very soapy and lemony-cyphre with a powdery vibe.

Drying: the lemon verbena makes its presence known, but the powder vibe is still there.

I like orange blossom, I like myrrh, and I guessed I would like Visions of Autumn IV. Turns out my instincts were correct--I like this a lot!

This starts out with myrrh, verbena, and what smells at this stage more like orange fruit than orange blossom. The verbena registers as simultaneously minty and lemony to me. There are a few minutes of a medicinal smell during the wet stage, but there's the sense that there's something cuddly here if I can wait for it a bit.

Gradually, the orange turns from fruit to blossom, and the verbena acts kind of topnotey and begins to fade. As it recedes, the nag champa becomes more prominent. The orange blossom/myrrh/champa combination is warm and cozy and a little unusual. I feel like there's a scent memory here, but I can't put my finger on it.

Anyway, this scent is like an orange velvet blanket. I'm not sure I need a bottle, but I'm hanging on to this decant, and wearing it when I need some coziness.

Smells more like orange rather than orange blossom to me. Medicinal, kind of sweet. It reminds me a bit of an orange flavoured vitamin from the health food store that I used to give the kids. It's a little too odd somehow, like the notes don't belong together. Not for me.

Soapy lemon verbena. Very citrusy too, I think from the orange blossom. Just way too soapy for me. This reinforces that verbena is a total bully on my skin and takes over everything!

I don't get the myrrh or champaca. This smells like sour, lemon scented dish soap with a creamy orange blossom note thrown in. Turns a little powdery in the drydown.

in the bottle the orange blossom is coming out full force. this is cool because i’m not a fan of lemon verbena and that makes me nervous in a blend, but also too much orange blossom goes to soap on me so could also be potentially a downside.

on the skin the citrus-white florals are balanced perfectly with the myrrh. they complement each other and blend well. there’s not much change in the dry down for me: big white blossoms dusted with some golden incense powder. i say powder because myrrh does tend to go powdery on me, and it does in this blend, but not in a talcy baby powder way. 

very good throw on this. every time i turn my head i catch a whiff. it reminds me of like an old fashioned dusting powder 

Edited by DiZZysTARdust