Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!

Tahitian vanilla flower and white sandalwood with honeyed patchouli, cacao, and mallow flower.

Chocolatey and sweet. This is a lighter and more etheral version of Black Temple Burlesque Troupe. It is not as cloying and much less earthy. The patchouli is very mild. Though you can pick up some of the honey note, it is not a very honey scent.

As it dries, the mallow flower and sandalwood kinda dance around the cacao. I do love foodie scents, but sometimes you get a weird look when wearing them, or someone asks who is baking brownies. This probably wont get those questions, but will definitely cause people to smile as they pass by. =)

Edited by Absinthetics

In The Bottle: Yummy chocolate! Less rich than the chocolate in, say, Bliss, but more than what might be found in a random bottle of 13.

Wet On Skin: Oh MY. This is sweet, light cacao, like sitting in the kitchen in the winter and opening a packet of instant cocoa and little dried marshmallows and dumping it into a mug. :wub:

Dry Down: This? Is. GLORIOUS. The honey, vanilla and cacao make this pure foodie heaven, whilst the sandalwood grounds it just enough to keep it respectable. While I don't get the patch, I don't miss it at all- this is just lovely the way it is.

In All: Low throw, this is something of s skin scent. I might be inclined to slather, as I'm wont to do with some foodie scents, but I like that this scent is subtle enough to be played either way.

My personal hands-down favorite of this year's NYCC scents. While Lips of Flame might be the obvious choice, I predict Little Maggie to be the sleeper hit of the Con.

:heart: :heart: :heart:

GAH. I absolutely love this. :wub3:

Sweet from the cacao and the exquisite vanilla flower, but not terribly foodie-sweet; a slightly poofy creaminess from the mallow flower, a groundedness from the honeyed patch and sandalwood. Really, really well blended. This is close-to-the-skin and the most completely inoffensive patchouli blend I own - I would wear this in even the most conservative work setting with utter confidence. It's got a slightly foodie quality and yet I don't smell like the dessert I just ate; the florals lend just the right amount of sophistication. This is absolutely lovely.

A million thanks to kashmira, who picked it up for me the day after I left NYCC without it. :wub2:

When I opened the bottle and applied it to my skin, all I got from the oil was a nauseating fake chocolate smell (I did spend most of yesterday vomiting, so perhaps my judgment is impaired!). But it calms down quickly into a snuggly scent that's sweet but not foody. I can definitely detect honey, sandalwood and maybe the smallest hint of patchouli. Actually, the sweet patchouli vibe reminds me a little of Silkybat HG, but I prefer Little Maggie. It also has the husband's approval. The label art is lovely too!

Thanks to my NYCC fairy seussala for picking it up for me! :wub2:

Marshmallows and chocolate. This is actually a really sweet, cacao heavy blend on me. I get massive amounts of marshmallow, cocoa powder, honey, patchouli and maybe a hint of sandalwood.

In some ways, it does remind me to Silkybat HG with with more sweetness, more cacao and and definitely marshmallow.

It sort of makes me think that this is this year's version of Badgers, but more foodie. I can also see the similarities to Black Temple Burlesque Troupe.

So, if you loved Silkybat HG, Badgers, or BTBT or have ever wanted to smell like a chocolate marshmallow, hunt down some Little Maggie.

This is everything I wanted OWS to be: Banshee Beat with chocolate instead of hemp! The patch is the same to my nose and is of the woody, toothsome variety as if it's a big gooey patchouli brownie. Not as down and dirty as the patch in OWS, it interacts with the sandalwood to become this earthy, woodsy, beautiful concotion. The cacao starts out strongly, whispering seductively in my ear but like a cat she does her own thing and slinks off to reappear when she pleases while the patch makes himself at home. He fluffs up some soft, downy vanilla and mallow flower pillows and invites me to cuddle. Who could refuse such an offer? I'm wrapped in swaths of fluffy vanilla blankets with poofy mallow flower pillows, snuggled up with the patch who has wrapped his arms around me while we both drowse, and the dark chocolate cat slinks by now and again to rub my leg and purr. In other words, perfection.

I adore you, fairy, for picking up this little slice of heaven for me.

This starts off as a sweet chocolate, with some woodiness underneath, as as it dries, the chocolate recedes somewhat and I get a sandalwood/chocolate/patchouli blend. It is sweet-ish but not really a sweet scent on me.

Fully dry, it is Velvet + Banshee Beat. Really beautiful! :wub2:

ETA: a year later, this has gotten smoother and richer. I get the sweet patchouli from Banshee Beat, but I don't get honey. The sandalwood is just adding to the sweet woodiness, I think - I can't pick it out, just supporting. I get cocoa, vanilla marshmallow, and patchouli - more sweet than before. Even more gorgeous.

Edited by ltrittipoe

Little Maggie is one of the scents I only wear every once in a while, because I'll be so sad when I run out! Wet, it's all vanilla and light flowers and chocolate on me, then, as it dries, the white sandalwood and honeyed patchouli come forward. The patchouli here is very subtle and golden. Fully dry, it's an almost dusty sandalwood (with something just a touch smoky), vanilla, honey, and light patchouli. I can definitely see the comparison to Velvet, and it does layer incredibly well with Silkybat hair gloss. :wub2:

At first, this reminds me of Velvet, though sweeter and a milkier chocolate. Takes a total morph, the patchouli and sandalwood come out, the chocolate fades, and it reminds me more of Banshee Beat, or a cousin of it. Sweet patchouli, maybe a bit too sweet, not getting any white florals, maybe a teeny bit of cacao. I like this, but like Velvet and Banshee Beat better. In fact, I bet if you layered the two, you'd get Little Maggie. :)

This is fantastic. It's a super delicate cacao fused with pillowy mallow and a hint of honey. I know there are more notes in there but it's pretty simple on me, in a good way. No floral note which is a plus, and I don't even notice the patchouli. Everything smells very natural and yummy, but it's soft and very much a skin scent. It could be called a much, much gentler relative of Banshee Beat. Foody but refined, sweet but not overwhelming. Kind of reminds me of Delight and Consternation (which I love) in that it's a light foody mix that passes as "your skin but better." So good.

Initially this is OMG CHOCOLATE while it is wet. I'm on the fence with chocolate scents so I wasn't sure about this one because it was super, super sweet on me. As it's dried the chocolate has receded and let the patchouli and sandalwood come out to play. Those three scents intermingle beautifully and the chocolate continues to burn off as I wear it. I have to put my nose right to my skint to smell it, so very low throw.

Lots of cocoa absolute in this scent, so my bottle looks like a tiny lava lamp :). I thought that this was going to be a winner, because when I first apply, it's lots of sweet, creamy milk chocolate, a hint of marshmallow, a dry and woody (and not baby powdery) sandalwood, and a hint of snuggly, soft, sweet, honeyed patchouli. It's warm, cozy and sweet, and overall reminds me of the scent of Cocoa Puffs cereal.

Unfortunately, no matter how much of this I slather on, I literally cannot smell it after ten minutes. Low throw and absolutely no staying power :(

The cacao in Little Maggie dominates like crazy! It has a very rich chocolate scent and you can see the cacao in the bottle like you can in Boomslang, etc. When I saw Cocoa Puffs referenced in Little Bird's post, I laughed because it is really accurate! The little bit of honey and mallow flower sweeten and fluff the chocolate up to a sweet, toasty scent, with patchouli in the background to ground it. This is a surprising and totally wearable gourmand that stays close to the skin.

Freshly applied, the honeyed patchouli, cacao, and mallow flower stand out to me the most, backed by the white sandalwood. It becomes drier and less sweet over time as the patchouli and sandalwood assert themselves, leaving behind a soft patch-dominant scent by the end of the day with the dry sandalwood not far behind it, with just the barest trace of the mallow flower that once was.

I'm glad I got to try this, but I wish the sweeter notes had decided to stick around on me!