Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
absinthetics

Daylight Kissing Her Wan Hair

White pear, honeyed apple, ambrette seed, star anise, and a drop of clove.

I feel like the honeyed apple mutes a bit of the pear in this scent. Along with the ambrette seed doing much of the same. The clove does not pop out till dry down but I imagine that is skin chemestry specific. This scent is more cloying than juicy, the latter of which I expected when looking at the notes.

This is the only exclusive that I bought and skin tested. It's quite smooth and musky. I think from the ambrette. It's one of those scents that's all-occasion, all-season, all-people appropriate. Gender neutral. Clean and fresh.

Origin: Straight from NYCC thanks to a lovely fairy!

Initial Thoughts: I am quite fond of pear, like apple at times, and like a dab of star anise or clove. The ambrette seed is the only worrisome note. I connect it firmly - rightly or wrongly - with amber, which is a problem note for me.

In the Bottle: Pear and sweet apple. Very light and spring-like and fruity and delicate, with maybe a touch of clove peeking out.

Wet: There's some pear, and I think the anise, but the ambrette seed or possibly the honey is rising to the top quickly and isn't settling down. It seems to be clashing with the pear rather than blending with it.

Drydown: The whatever-it-is, the honey or ambrette, is continuing to dominate, although it has settled enough that I can pick out the fruity notes again. The clove and anise are at best accents or totally blended in.

Verdict: I'm going to have to ponder this one. I don't love it straight away, but I feel like I want to. And yet there's that something that just doesn't seem to be sitting quite right on my skin. It is a lighter scent, a good potential work choice, and I agree with the gender-neutral potential mentioned above. I'm just mot sure it's me.

Very sweet pear and apple on wet. As it dries, I think I get the ambrette seed with a touch of star anise. It smells less sweet and fruity, and more musky with hints of green.

At the beginning it was way too sweet, and now its something that is more gender neutral, not too sweet and with a fair amount of green in it actually. Still not the type of blend for me, which makes me sad since the name was SO awesome.

So happy to have tracked this one down! At first there's nothing but sweet pear and apple, but as it dries down they back off a bit and a lovely soft muskiness develops. I'm not getting any clove at all. But I think I'd like it with or without the clove showing up at the party.

Fruit, I think it's the pear, and white musk. The whole effect is 'sparkling', though I see that there is not white musk in this blend. Turns rather like fruited cologne on me with a touch of white floral. Not my cup of tea, it's really too sharp and cologney.

The sweet pear and honeyed apple smell like a sickly-sweet, fruity mush on my skin (like fruit that's bruised, overripe and soft). The ambrette adds a sharp, clean, musky tone in the drydown, and the over the top fruity sweetness + musk reminds me of Bath & Body Works in a bad, overwhelming way.