Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tativa

Pralines and Powdered Sugar

Praline ice cream and beignet dust.

This is a simple but delicious scent. I catch a lot of the pecan, and its sweet and lovely and like one of those sweet breads. It faded kind of quickly when I wore it out earlier, but layered really nicely with some other foodie scents I had. it tamed them and brought out the sweetness and softened some of the harsher waxy notes that sometimes happen.

The scent itself is soft and creamy and skin hugging. The sugar is actually the powdered kind distinctly. The nuts give it depth. The icecream note softens it and makes me thing "ZOMG EASTER BREAKFAST BREADS". It isn't as overpowering and in you face as a lot of foodies tend to be and has a very realistic feel to it. I will be keeping my bottle around for snuggles and layering!

This is probably my favourite of the BPTP Lil's I've tried (I bought all the foody ones :lol: ). It's sweet and simple, but unique compared to other ice cream blends from the Lab. Has a different feel to it, and the combo of the other notes only adds to the uniqueness! On the dry down, it comes off a little marzipan-y, but in the way Snowcake from Lush does. Yummy and lovely.

Edited by MiasmaResonance

In the bottle: Super sweet ice cream!

Wet: Yep, definitely praline ice cream. The powdered sugar note is present and becoming stronger over time.

Dry: Same!

Verdict: I was worried about the 'praline' aspect of the ice cream note. Fortunately, the pecans weren't problematic for me. (I was worried about this being mostly pecans on me after Mother Shub's Pumpkin Pecan Treacle Tarts, but it's mostly really sweet ice cream with powdered sugar). I love ice cream blends, so I am definitely keeping my bottle!

*edit* After a while, the beignet dust (powdered sugar) was the dominant note, and it was GLORIOUS.

*editing review on second wear* Actually, I am not sure this is pecan pralines. I am wearing this for the second time, and I think there is an almond note in here.

*final edit* I ended up ordering a back-up of this one.

Edited by dementia_divine

Just as advertised. The sugar really does smell like the powdered variety. This is so yummy and layers well with Captain Lilith and her First Mate. I imagine it will layer well with lots of other foodie scents.

This one is delicious and has great staying power. The begining is all pralines, a lovely sweet nut scent, then the powdered sugar comes out later and delightfully lingers long after. It is so yummy and smells like the real thing!!! Love this one! :wub2:

This smells bizarrely of Elmer's glue when it is wet. O_o Thankfully it burns off quickly and I am left with the most glorious powdered sugar scent! There is a lovely nuttiness from the pralines in the background.

On wet, this is pralines and cream. And then it morphs.

I get something that smells almost like melted coconut suntan lotion.

And then it dries to a creamy almond and powdered sugar blend.

Soft, powdery, almond.

In the decant, it's buttery, almost bready pastry. Once on, it's GORGEOUS. Foodie heaven! Buttery, nutty, sweet, and cozy.

Decanted by Obliquered. 1st Post item tried.

In Bottle: Nutty Ice cream. It is very reminiscent of butter pecan. Yes.

On wet: Very sugary, with an almost nut extract scent. Yeeeesssssss.

Dry: The powdered sugar really comes out. This is powdered, sugared nuts. Right before this came out, I thought my skin ate it and was ready to call it a loss, but it came back with vengeance, and that vengeance was sweet. YEEEEEESSSSS. This is delicious, and I think would make an awesome layer-er. It does come and go quite a bit, though. Perhaps I should try applying it with a heavier hand.

Super-buttery, super-sugary with a little bit of vanilla extract and nuts. That's what I get in the vial, wet on skin, and dry on skin. It's a really happy scent, but unfortunately too in-your-face buttery for me.

This is a buttery, sugary pecan pastry...the kind with whole pecans in it, not just pecan pieces. This dries to a beautiful sweet foodie scent. I wanted a full bottle, but now I'm good, staying power is not strong, it has faded a lot since I put it on 30 minutes ago...

Edited by Jangzonrice

Out of the bottle this smells like pecan ice cream. When I apply it to my skin it's buttery, nutty and smells like I just stuck my hand in a bag of candied pecans. I'm also detecting the faintest bit of the Labs rum note, the one that almost reads as coconut to my nose. As it dries, this becomes more sugar-dusted. I'm left with a whisper of sweet pecans, a sprinkle of coconut-scented sugar.

This has an incredibly light throw, hugs the skin and would probably layer incredibly well with many other foody scents.

Reminds me a lot of Midway but less sweet with some almond and lots of vanilla. Got 1/2 bottle in a decant circle but had to have more. So happy to snag a bottle on the forum!! LOVE THIS ONE!

this enveloped me in an aura of powdered sugar. not too heavy on the pecan scent. wasn't very buttery on me. a little bit of cream and an echo of vanilla.

mostly powdered sugar with a richness at the base. love this one.

In the bottle - Almond!

Wet - The nuttiness reveals itself to be pecan, not the soft almond I’d originally smelled. Vanilla ice cream is in the background, keeping everything sweet.

Drydown - A butteriness emerges to temper the sugar. Make no mistake; it’s definitely a baked good. Butter is taking over my arm, with a smidge of powdered sugar.

Verdict - I love beignets and food scents and all things sweet, so I really really wanted to like this. Long story short, there's way too much butter for me. Yes, it’s baked into a pastry, but it eats everything else to the point where I can only smell butter and a hint of powdered sugar. Swap.

It smells pretty much exactly like pralines. A little nutty, very warm, sweet. The powdered sugar keeps the sweetness from being caramel-y. It lasted on me for a few hours, and had a delicate throw. It's a pretty scent, but not one I feel the need to invest in by buying a bottle. I'd LOVE to see this as a candle, though!

I have iffy results with cream and milk notes. This one, after it dried, smelled like buttercream frosting on me!

Foody indeed. Starts of like a delicious praline and whipped cream dessert. I detect peaches after a bit, so pecans and peaches with cream. I would love to eat this but can't wrap my head around why someone would want to smell like this. To each their own! Now I want some!

Starts with a salty caramel. I get the cream of the ice cream. It becomes warm and sweet, really beautiful.

Nutty, buttery brown sugar and buttercream frosting type of scent. Very cloying and reminds me of foodie candle fragrances more than a perfume; it even has a bit of a waxy note to it. It's so overwhelmingly sweet on my skin.

I loooove this!  In the bottle it’s all nuts and butter.  Wet on my skin it’s about the same.  Dry it’s just like real powdered sugar with a hint of nuts in the background.  This is definitely a keeper for me.

This smells like a sweeter Loaf to me when wet, but eventually the bready note fades to be mostly powdered brown sugar and hints of vanilla. It's a bit too faint, on it's own it's just okay but I'm sure it'd be stunning when layered with something else. I don't get a nutty note like others have mentioned.