Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
OctoberGwen

Playing Tag in a Garden Full of Gods

Jasmine tea with gardenia, white roses, Egyptian tuberose, and bergamot.

This is a very pretty, somewhat muted floral blend (i.e., there is absolutely nothing "high pitched" here), with perhaps just the faintest whiff of something delicate that says "tea" to my nose. Gentle, comforting, and happy.

These Lilith blends are absolutely brimming with love. :wub2:

What a lovely scent.

From the bottle to the dry down it stays pretty much the same.

a sweet melange of florals accompanied by bergamot.

The tea note is buried underneath but its there.

This is a lovely, slightly sweet rosy scent. It starts as a slightly soapy floral, but dries to a creamy, sweet blend with the tea as bergamot preventing it from being a strictly floral scent. My hubby took one sniff and declared that he loved it, and that I needed a bottle :). Continually softens as it dries to become a truly beautiful blend. I typically cannot wear floral blends (unless they are straight up rose they tend to turn 'old ladyish' on me), but the mix of notes makes Playing Tag unique and very wearable. Simply lovely.

Gardenia is one of my favorite notes. In fact, I went through a period a few years back where I wore nothing BUT gardenia: gardenia lotion, gardenia perfume. Sadly, I didn't reach for BPAL during that time. BPAL's gardenia note has never worked on me. It has always smelled a bit too thick and bubblegum-sweet. Alas.

I don't know if this blend features that same gardenia note, but oh my gosh, if it's the same note, it works in this blend. It really, really works. It smells fresh and tropical and a tiny bit... water-y. Not aquatic, mind you, but there's a clearness to it that evokes water to me, if that makes sense. Maybe the jasmine tea is blending with the gardenia to create that effect? I'm not sure, all I'm sure of is that the gardenia is the clearest note on me and I'm a-okay with that.

As this blend dries, the tuberose comes forward, lending a bit of grounding creaminess to the previous freshness. Yeeeeeees. I can detect the bergamot, as well. It adds an element of faint, spicy sweetness. As for the jasmine in the jasmine tea, jasmine-phobes, do not be afraid of this. Jas is behaving her normally outgoing self. I like you, Jas, I do, but you don't always have to be the star of the show, you hot-headed little diva, you.

Really, this scent screams love to me. It smells so carefree and happy. I did not have that kind of relationship with my own father and I feel blessed to experience it in some small way through this and the other scents in the Lilith: Fatherhood series. I've liked all of the ones I've tried so far -- even the ones that ultimately weren't for me -- but this is one of my top two favorites. Backup bottle, please.

Edited by riddel

In the decant: I immediately get the 'jasmine' from the tea note, accompanied by other white florals. I can't smell the bergamot at all.

Wet: Oh, there's the bergamot! The jasmine note (I get more jasmine than tea) leaps out at me as well, but then it decides to calm down, perhaps tamed by the other floral notes. The bergamot note is still present, but the floral notes are more prominent.

Dry: A soft floral blend with just the faintest hint of bergamot.

Verdict: No bottle for me, but I am glad I was able to try it!

Jasmine tea (and its jasmine TEA, just to be clear), bergamot and sweet roses.

I'm honestly surprised since jasmine and I have a supernemesis relationship going on. The jasmine isn't aggressive, and its super pretty. It's closer to real jasmine as opposed to the cat pee type.

It's soft, delicate, and playful. More along the lines of a traditional white floral perfume but lighter and a little irreverent.

In imp: GARDENIA in your face!!!! I'm not sure how it applies, but I'm not a huge fan of gardenia.

On skin: I take it back--this is the first gardenia scent I like. It's present, but doesn't suffocate you in floral! There is a strong jasmine tea scent that keeps the gardenia in check and is perfectly complementary. I also pick up a bit of rose as well. If you get migraines from florals easily, like me, this is a wonderful floral for you!

Edited by Jangzonrice

Yup, there is gardenia here! I have yet to find a gardenia note that actually smells like the real thing, and though this is close, it still isn't the lush true smell of real gardenia. Quite heady and nice, though there is a bit of sourness here. This is pretty and feminine, but not really my thing. I bet my mom would love it, she's a big fan of gardenias.

This is a light and lovely, but a little indistinct floral scent on me. The jasmine tea is definitely there but light like all the other notes. It is quite beautiful, but maybe a little too generic for me.

Partial bottle, gifted from a friend, which I try every so often as part of a gardenia experiment.

In the bottle: Gardenia dominating, a backbone of grassy closer and sweet tuberose. 

Wet: Jasmine tea with gardenia overtones, and a wee hint of rose.

Dry: A faceful of gardenia and tuberose. This is so much, in the best possible way; an enveloping floral cloud about six feet wide with a heavy throw and unabashedly long life.

Stars: ★★★★½