Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
Numanoid

Mornings in New Orleans

The scent of chicory coffee (au lait!) and sugared pastries.

Oh always fun (and pressure) to be first!! Thanks to my Fairy that got this for me!!

In the bottle: Very sweet, almost candy-like coffee! So good!!

On Skin: Sweet sugary pale coffee. Would thought the chicory would be stronger.....reminds me of Pumpkin Latte minus the pumpkin!

Drydown: The coffee note comes out, but pale. I get a sweet yet sharp sugar note if that makes sense. The Au Lait comes out a bit. This is a beautiful scent and I think it will get richer with age!

After about 15 minutes: This gets so good....maybe it is the chicory note I am detecting, but it turns to an awesome slightly bitter coffee note with a whiff of the sugar from the pastry to just soften it up!! If you had issues with other coffee scents (too strong or just odd) you will love this!!

This is a very strong, gorgeous coffee (love) and that wacky thing sugar does on my skin (not so much love.) If you are a coffee scent lover and have been looking for the perfect coffee blend - look no further.

Lovely creamy sweet coffee. Cafe au lait, heavily sugared. Really really lovely, but Bah! Is still my favorite coffee scent.

:D

Best Chicory scent ever. Coffee...with chicory and sweet. Just the way I drink my coffee when I can get Chicory coffee. Perfect coffee scent at last...ah....

Started out as strong, chicory coffee and marzipan but as it dried the marzipan fades away.

It takes a few minutes for the Au Lait part to make an appearance.

Ends up a sweet but strong, creamy, chicory coffee. The pastries are almost nonexistent but are adding sweetness to a coffee that would otherwise smell bitter. My new favorite coffee scent :biggrin:

Bottle: strong chicory coffee with lots of sugar

On the skin: still as strong as the bottle then slowly mellows out to a heavily sweetened chicory coffee with a hint of powdered sugar that brings to mind pastries

Also it is a long lasting sent perfect for coffee lovers!

In The Bottle: The strong, thick coffee note from Bah! mixed with a sharp, astringent poke from the chicory.

Wet On Skin: Wow. The chicory give the coffee an earthy vibe at this stage. It's so deep and rich that it *almost* reads like a leather note.

Dry Down: Yeah, this has become coffee-and-leather on me :umm: Surprisingly, the pastry/sugar notes aren't present AT ALL on me, which is highly unusual, as generally, any sugar near me amps to the heavens. This scent is very perplexing!

In All: I know that this coffee note gets better and better with age, so I'm not cashing in my chips just yet. I don't know that I've tested anything with a chicory note before, but my hope is that given some age time that the notes might influence each other in a more grounded and mellow direction. *Fingers crossed*

In the bottle: Very strong, sugared chicory coffee!

Wet: Sugared chicory coffee. I do get the 'au lait' aspect of the coffee note. It is softer and sweeter on my skin than it was in the bottle, but it's still pretty strong. I don't really get any 'pastries' from the sugared pastries... just sugar. The sugar note seems to be getting more prominent over time, and I like that!

Dry: Much softer sugared chicory coffee au lait.

Verdict: I'm not sure how to feel about this. The wet phase is very strong. It may be too much coffee for me! I am going to keep my bottle for now, though!

In the bottle: Beignets with powdered sugar. The coffee is very much in the background, but there enough that I'm only a little nervous to try it (i'm not much of a foodie scent person).

Wet on skin: Still mostly pastries, with a little more coffee.

Dry down: I smell like a coffee shop & bakery - in the best possible way.

I'm glad I got this - I almost didn't because, well, not a foodie and the pastry almost put me off. But someone on FB compared it to Cafe Mille et Une Nuits and I love that one so I took a chance and yay! Pastries are definitely a component, but the coffee (and spice?) keep it from being overwhelmingly food. A nice comforting scent for wet, snowy & cold days!

Strong chicory coffee and baked goods. As it dries, I get more of a bitter coffee note with burnt edges on it.

Sadly, my skin eats this up.

But on wet, oh yeah, coffee and baked goods. Very foodie. Very coffee.

In the bottle and wet, the chicory scares me. It's stomping all over everything and smells both medicinal and old-fashioned black licorice-y. I HATE black licorice, though I love anise and fennel. Go figure. I get a bit of bitter coffee which I adore and as it warms, the chicory starts to smell like... celery?! I don't even... It smells like I've been chopping celery for chicken soup. Up close, it's actually a fairly nice blend with bitter coffee and a little spice from the pastries. But from about a foot away, yes, celery. I'm so disappointed I didn't get the beautiful coffee blend everyone else's skin turned this into :(

this was sweetened creamy coffee on me. with some pastry in the background. I felt like I was in an old-fashioned coffee shop with wooden walls and hustle and bustle behind the counter and people reading books and newspapers in comfy seating while drinking refills of strong lovely coffee. unlike cafe 1001 nights or distructive vag of the fox spirit, this isn't a cologne or a perfume with a coffee note in it, but rather this is the straight up smell of being in a cozy and delicious coffee shop itself. alas I was not in such a place, nor near such a place, and so I began experiencing hunger pangs and cravings galore.

this has a great throw and lasted for many hours. if you want warm rich foody coffee smells in your aura, this is it! I'd be careful wearing it around the under-caffeinated, as they may rush you in a frenzy.

Edited by annemathematics

Decanted by Obliquered. 2nd Post item tried.

In Bottle: Is this....tootsie rolls? Yep. I thought I was nuts but this straight up smells like a tootsie roll.

Wet: A woody tootsie roll. It's turning a little medicinal on me as well. It's a bit sugared, but the chicory is drowning out any real pastry note, and I can't find the coffee. Curse you, chemistry!

One hour later: The sugar has sweetened it considerably, but it's still chicory. It doesn't smell bad, but I was most looking forward to this for the coffee, so it seems we're simply not meant to be.

Initially, I get a Kahlua-like impression, with the intensity of the chicory reminding me of alcohol. The coffee smells rich and fresh. I love that it's not too sweet, and that the milk is a subtle supporting player. I find the smell very comforting. I have a feeling I'm going to be wearing this a lot on snowy winter days.

I had such high hopes. The chicory sends everything into an alternate dimension where coffee and beignets smell like cigarette butts. This is my skin chemistry. XD

In imp: chicory coffee candy!! Very unusual...not sure how it will apply though.

On skin: CHICORY!!! This is what I was afraid of...I pretty much only get chicory candy with a little bit of coffee, not the beautiful chicory coffee scent others seem to get.

Dry-down: still chicory heavy, but more mellow now with the pastry sweetness coming through. It's bearable, but I'm very disappointed this didn't work on me.

Edited by Jangzonrice

This reminds me of travelling when I was young. "Breakfast". Coffee shops. It's warm & cozy & makes you think everything is good & fun (vacation associations.) I swear I get a little bit of maple syrup out of this one. Then again, no, that's just me, because I associate everything else I smell here with maple syrup and breakfast-type things. French toast. French toast with powdered sugar.

Coffee, obviously. But I wanted to mention everything else it made me think of first, the non-obvious stuff.

Also, it's strong. That's always a plus in my book but if you're wearing it to someplace not scent-friendly, use a light hand. For example, your workplace. Then again, how many of your coworkers aren't* caffeine junkies? Then again, the coffee fiends might swarm you if you apply too liberally. You have been warned.

The truth is that I have never had chicory coffee or beignets BUT I went for this nonetheless because I loved the concept and obviously anything that smells like delicious breakfast food is going to be something that I want hehe.

In the bottle: Very sweet, smooth coffee with a sugary note.

On the skin: Almost fruity to a certain extent but still has the coffee edge to it. As it dries it becomes more sugary and less fruity. I have been loving wearing this when I first get up in the morning. It's cozy and happy.

You know, i wasn't sure if i liked Morning in New Orleans until just a few minutes ago...when i stopped thinking that its supposed to smell like coffee but it really doesn't blah blah and just smelled the perfume for what it smells like.

GAH it is beautiful! It would fit right in the Parfumerie Generale line of perfumes, if they made oils. Holy crap, what a masterpiece.

It is 'coffee-ish' but so.much.more.

Hmm...I'm really on the fence about whether to keep this one, but I think I might let it hang around for a month or so and see how it develops, since on day 1 it was just *foul*, like the stink of a school cafeteria full of mingling overcooked food odours, whereas after a couple of days it's...less bad... I just love the *idea* of what it's Supposed To Be so much that, arghh, massively disappointing!!

In the bottle it's very, very strange, like a weird floral candy, and once on it begins to vaguely resemble milky coffee if I imagine very, very hard, but I'm certain that if I was given this for a blind sniff, I would not think either 'coffee' or 'beignets'. It actually smells more like old polished wood and a little bit of strange masculine-ish cologne...and not much else. The dryer it gets, the more it edges towards milky chicory coffee, but at the same time there's still a BIG hint of grotty cafeteria stench, so...ehh...I have no idea what to make of this, it will probably get sold on! :(

The imp smelled amazing, the chicory on my skin overpowered everything coffee however

In the bottle and wet on my skin, it's strongly chicory, if chicory smells the way I think it does? I get coffee + earthy, almost-chocolatey + kind of fruity. (In larger amounts, it smells kind of like oranges.) It stays that way for a bit, and I can't decide if I like it or not, because the chicory makes me think of high-fiber granola bars. But then it smooths out to a creamy cafe au lait scent and I forget all about my chicory indecision. It's really cozy; a good chillin'-around-the-house scent. (I reapplied before bed & woke up still smelling like cafe au lait--perfect!!)

Coffee, fruit and chocolate. I'm not really into coffee scents, and this one doesn't even smell like real coffee. After a bit, chocolate and fruit, another combo that I strongly dislike. This one is not for me, and it doesn't even make me crave pastries, like a lot of foody scents do.

this is so beautiful, thank you to the kind person who let me adopt this gorgeous scent.

and wow, something my skin does not eat up in two minutes!

Sweet coffee and chicory, I LOVE this...

This is GORGEOUS. GORGEOUS. I don't really know what I'm smelling per se...BUT I LOVE IT. I need to track down some more coffee scents now. Also Louisiana shout out.