Post-Update: Forum Issues Read more... ×
BPAL Madness!
tativa

Captain Lilith and her First Mate

A Little Pirate's indulgence: rum cupcakes and vanilla ice cream with a hot toddy.

I don't really smell the rum in here... what I smell is COCONUT CAKE! Like the kind my granny used to make. It's the lab's cake note with some coconut and a little bit of depth, like a light wood. I can certainly smell the vanilla icecream too, but it blends in seamlessly with the coconut cake so it just is creamy and rich and delicious. I think is finally a scent that makes up for having missed cake smash! This is what I was hoping the Pink Cake Lilith scent from the Lab would be!

All I wrote was "coconut macaroons and rum ice cream."

None of that flips my switches (although I'm sure it's lovely for the right person), so I didn't skin test -- just wanted to second tativa's coconut cake impression.

It's a good thing I like coconut because coconut cake is right.

I can certainly smell the ice cream which gives the blend a creamy, rich feel.

Rum is pretty high pitched at first but it mellows out and takes its place with the rest of the notes.

It's got plenty of throw. Love this!

Yummy buttery coconut cake with a hint of the vanilla ice cream note from Detestable Putrescence. Putrescence was a little to high pitched for me but the iceream-y note is much lighter in this blend, thankfully.

In the bottle: I definitely get the coconut aspect that previous reviewers have mentioned, but I also smell the 'rum' part of the cupcake note, and that wonderful vanilla ice cream note that I adore.

Wet: Well, the rum cupcakes (along with the aforementioned coconut) are definitely present, but I am getting the hot toddy in this as well. The spices from it started tingling my skin a bit, but fortunately, I haven't had a reaction. The vanilla ice cream note is present as well, lending a creaminess to the blend. It doesn't take long for the spices to calm down. I was worried about the rum part of the cupcake note, but it isn't problematic. The vanilla ice cream note is now one of the dominant notes, along with the cupcakes. This smells amazing!

Dry: Rum cupcakes and vanilla ice cream! :D

Verdict: This one is a keeper! I may end up getting a back-up before it goes away.

*edit* This one was still present on my wrist this morning!

*edit* I did end up ordering a back-up of this one.

Edited by dementia_divine

LOVE!!!! Coconut cake is an apt description. I've layered this with some of the other foodie Fatherhood scents and it mixes so well with them. But, I love it on its own, too.

Edited by Antoinette

OMG you guys, this smells SO GOOD :thud:

Out of the bottle this smells of boozy cupcakes. When first applied to my skin I get a drizzle of butterscotch which quickly melts into a rummy cupcake. For me this is mostly the Lab's signature cake note, I never get any vanilla ice cream and there's nothing in here that smells like Detestable Putrescence (which is good since DP turned to plastic on my skin).

The final dry down smells like I rolled in butterscotch-slathered cupcakes like a ferret while cackling to myself. Eeeehehehehee! Back-ups are needed!

I didn't get coconut cake on my skin test. I got mainly vanilla ice cream and rum. And it was delicious...but then it disapeared on me! Poof! The same happened with Anne Beany...those rum cupcakes do not want to hang out on my skin and I wish they would! ;)

Maybe aging will help make it stay on my skin longer because I love it... :blush2:

UPDATE: Aging has helped! This is yummy! 😋

Edited by vanilla323

In the bottle I think this smells like girl scout Samoa cookies. On it dries down to something very similar to Spooky. Love it.

Boozy coconut macaroons. I get rum, coconut, and a slightly plasticky vanilla on the drydown.

So, ultra foodie. Ultra coconutty, ultra rummy.

So if that sounds like a trifecta you would like to bathe in, give this one a whirl.

For my part, none of those things are really my boat, so I'm getting off at the next port.

Rummy coconut cupcakes :wub2: Oh, this is PERFECT! I need about 100 bottles of this so I can bathe in it as though it were the blood of virgins.

Decanted by Obliquered. 3rd Post item tried

In bottle: Holy smokes how did they fit a cocnut cake in this tiny little decant?

Wet: Coconut cake, coconut cake, delicious and creamy coconut cake! Very coconut cake. I'm not getting rum here, so if you are turned off by the idea of booze notes, I don't think you have anything to worry about here.

Dry: Huh. Turns a bit waxy on me, but still smells quite nice.

In imp: slightly rummy coconut cake!

On skin: coconut cake, but then there is a almost woody smell on the dry down!?! I really wished it stayed in the cake realm. I love the decant smell, so I will keep it, but probably will layer it in the future.

Edited by Jangzonrice

didn't get a lot of rum from this. the scent reminds me of the most amazing coconut sunscreen. it's sweet and bright and delicious and makes me smile. has a good, modest throw and lasted all afternoon when I wore it.

This was very heavy boozy cake + vanilla frosting wet. As it dried, I started getting a toasted coconut sort of scent, and the frosting faded a bit and the cake became a little... buttery.

I really like foody and cake scents generally, but this one is a little heavy and buttery for me. I like it best wet, when it has that creamy frosting aspect to it, but the drydown almost gets doughy and butterscotchy, and a bit too thick for my taste.

OK, so I'm pretty sure the Lab rum is what goes coconutty & stabby in my nasal passages, so I was sad when I opened the bottle. But I couldn't let it go untried--and thank goodness because while there is a high, sharp minute, this is actually really well behaved for this sort of scent. Overall, It smells like a rummy coconut cake with a side of vanilla ice cream. YUM.

(I bet this layers brilliantly with A Stroll Through the Quarter. It seems to have the same vanilla note.)

Delicious rum with cream, it smells like. Sweet and foody, I would sure like a drink like this, though I bet it would contain a whole days calories in it. I'm not sure why, but the rum note can go dusty on me, like the husk of a coconut. So after a bit, sweet, dusty rum, like the drink was sitting in a dusty room for a couple of days. These scents rarely work on me, and this is no exception.

This was a bit of an impulse buy for me. I got the hair gloss from the Post, and before it even got here, I was tracking down a bottle of the perfume to go with it. Based on the notes though, I didn't think this could possibly go wrong, and it didn't.

On me, this is like a foodie, more innocent version of Red Lantern (which is my holy grail scent) so I am super stoked to have it in my collection. It's like a Red Lantern I can wear to work. Caramel, some coconut and a bit of rum. Gorgeous. Can't wait to get the Hair Gloss and wear them together!!

Similar to Anne Beany and En Garde, with lots of very sweet, butterscotchy, boozy rum and a bit of creamy vanilla. This one has a hint of warm, toasted coconut on me, though, and a dry vanilla cake in the drydown. Still, mostly a butterscotch rum on my skin.

Rum cake. An absolutely perfect rendition of rum cake with stale vanilla buttercream icing.

I don't like rum cake, but it's dead-on. And... I'm getting a skin burn? from rum?